Options

The Cher Lloyd Appreciation Thread (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    donbon wrote: »

Thanks donbon..;) Cher's getting good with these interviews now..confident and measured response's, no more Russian roulette on her interviews anymore..hopefully..:D
  • Options
    FatfeatheryowlFatfeatheryowl Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great interview, open, friendly, not evasive has come on miles and miles in that respect. Great performance totally looked and sounded the part.

Pity WUB is making little chart impression on its official release even though it's sold 45k in its album cherry pick format already. Just don't want flop attached to it unnecessarily. Frankly the Astro version in terms of the UK is a waste of space as its turned out, and in effect it's just ended up promoting the album version which was effectively released in November. Strange planning ( if "plan" it was?) by Syco.

Nice tweet from Rebecca to Cher too.
  • Options
    my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great interview, open, friendly, not evasive has come on miles and miles in that respect. Great performance totally looked and sounded the part.

Pity WUB is making little chart impression on its official release even though it's sold 45k in its album cherry pick format already. Just don't want flop attached to it unnecessarily. Frankly the Astro version in terms of the UK is a waste of space as its turned out, and in effect it's just ended up promoting the album version which was effectively released in November. Strange planning ( if "plan" it was?) by Syco.

Nice tweet from Rebecca to Cher too.

there's no chance for the Astro version. There's no incentive to buy it when everybody prefers the original. And all her promotion performances are solo which helps the confusion. Maybe if they'd stuck a new song on the EP if would have been more appealing but as it is it's almost pointless. One more weird decision to add to the list.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity WUB is making little chart impression on its official release

Radio plays is the problem. Compare these figures (from Chi's MF thread)

Radio plays for last week:
    Marcus Collins Seven Nation Army - 1794 plays
    One Direction One Thing - 1136 plays
    Matt Cardle Amazing - 1391 plays
    Cher Lloyd feat. Astro Want U Back - 494 plays

It's hard for any single to sell with that few plays
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    interesting from a comparison point of view to revisit the first This Morning interview from back in the day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDcNbU8CEnE

quite a change:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thats bad..:( Its not the nanny state getting over zealous because of the "Sh" word is it, I've heard rumours..:confused:
    Also are radio stations obliged to play the Astro version, can they play the better versions instead..not clued up on this stuff at all..:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    interesting from a comparison point of view to revisit the first This Morning interview from back in the day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDcNbU8CEnE

quite a change:o

Actually for the most part I think she came across just as well there as she did today. Apart from being more excitable and quirky, I guess. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Too right, and that my friends is a BIG long term issue unless it's resolved. Frankly unless it is I fear she's dead in the water really. If it is s*** causing the issue then it might be resolvable next time round ( she somewhere or other said second album is being recorded:D ). However, if s*** is the issue again why release this Syco?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually for the most part I think she came across just as well there as she did today. Apart from being more excitable and quirky, I guess. :p

oh she did, i remember first time i saw it thinking what a proper little character she is..

I meant in looks though, she's like a different girl.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice tweet from Rebecca, has Cher responded? :)

I agree that radioplay is a big issue, actually.. A massive one!

We all thought WUB is a sure radio friendly song, it turns out it's not... So what is?! Beautiful People maybe??? :confused:

Need to watch this morning interview which I will do at some point, mhm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too right, and that my friends is a BIG long term issue unless it's resolved. Frankly unless it is I fear she's dead in the water really. If it is s*** causing the issue then it might be resolvable next time round ( she somewhere or other said second album is being recorded:D ). However, if s*** is the issue again why release this Syco?

the implied s*** could be the issue, i noticed it had to be avoided on the live performance on this morning. If so seems a bit picky, also Rolling in the Deep has a s*** in it which passed through unchanged.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cher's tweeted Rebecca. All very good spirited.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cher's tweeted Rebecca. All very good spirited.

Yeah it's nice that she wants to stay in contact with Rebecca. :)

Cher Lloyd @CherLloyd
    @RebeccaFMusic missing u! We should meet up, its been a long time!! Love ya hun, xxxxx send my love to the kids!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news!

WUB is at #9 on New Zealand Itunes and S+S is at #14
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news!

Nice to know our cousins appreciate good music..:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WUL apparantly got to No 6 in the Phillipines too. No idea at all if thats 500, 5000, or 50,000 sales though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news!

Nice!! :D This is very much good news and I'm totally happy for her.

I doubt the Shit was the reason they didn't play WUB because Jessie J swears in basically all her songs, Adele as well which has been mentioned and many other songs too that just cloud the swearing. :confused:

I wonder why they are snubbing Cher?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, a bit of itunes update:
    * WUB Album version = 27 (Has jumped a lot since yesterday)
    * WUB Feat Astro = 84 (Has also jumped)
    * Wub EP = 107 (was 39 yesterday :confused )

S+S is still holding up on itunes at 58 which isn't bad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mozitski wrote: »
    Nice!! :D This is very much good news and I'm totally happy for her.

I doubt the Shit was the reason they didn't play WUB because Jessie J swears in basically all her songs, Adele as well which has been mentioned and many other songs too that just cloud the swearing. :confused:

I wonder why they are snubbing Cher?

The DJ's and the like must have an agenda..:( this from R1...

How are artists chosen for the BBC Introducing slot on the Radio 1 Playlist?
    Since January 2011, there has been a weekly BBC Introducing spot on Radio 1's daytime playlist. You can see the current selections on the Radio 1 website. Head of Music George Ergatoudis has written in detail about this opportunity on the BBC Radio blog.

The process for playlist selection works in a similar way to our festival stage process. Any songs uploaded to us by UK artists or bands are eligible. Tracks uploaded are first listened to by presenters and producers working on your local BBC Introducing radio show. Local teams make recommendations to a panel inside Radio 1 that consists of DJs like Huw Stephens, producers of In New Music We Trust shows and members of the Radio 1 playlist team. Their shortlist is then passed onto the Radio 1 Music Team who make the final decision as to who makes it onto the playlist.

I see there is no request forum via twitter for example..:confused:

Goddamn Commies..:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Interesting article about Cher in some American newspaper, hopefully all Americans will feel the same!

http://baylorlariat.com/2012/02/21/viewpoint-inked-up-singer-cher-lloyd-will-woo-american-fans/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noelser wrote: »
    Interesting article about Cher in some American newspaper, hopefully all Americans will feel the same!

http://baylorlariat.com/2012/02/21/viewpoint-inked-up-singer-cher-lloyd-will-woo-american-fans/

Amen to that..:D a very positive article, she deserves a break in the US if only to get away from the up hill battle's here.
    The curse of the XF, heard a guy on the Brits saying there was a backlash towards reality tv stars music, so the negative stuff may not be just because its Cher.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WUB is now at #5 on iTunes New Zealand, hopefully it keeps moving up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WUB is now at #5 on iTunes New Zealand, hopefully it keeps moving up

well done the Maori's;) getting close to threadworthy on the MF

it's got a bit swamped on itunes here with all the 'Brits' stuff nipping in, but WUB holding up pretty well at 33 in the circumstances
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well done the Maori's;) getting close to threadworthy on the MF

It's very close between the top 5 so I think by the weekend she may even chart higher.

Granted that NZ has a population similar to Ireland, but I think it shows that Cher can chart highly outside the UK & Ireland, which will hopefully convince SYCO to continue to support her despite her album sales not being terrific over here.
This discussion has been closed.