Options

How desperate is Amanda Holden since Alisha joined BGT?

Comments

• Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    Oh she would, she is very pushy and lets face it BGT is the only career she has got. .

Didn't she have good reviews for playing Fiona in Shrek?
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    I would argue that Amanda felt pressured into returning to her job in order to keep her post. After all, Simon Cowell doesn't exactly have a history of being an understanding boss!
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would argue that Amanda felt pressured into returning to her job in order to keep her post. After all, Simon Cowell doesn't exactly have a history of being an understanding boss!

He wouldn't have sacked her after all she'd been through though. Simon is very PR savvy and he wouldn't want a repeat of the bad publicity he received over Chery and the X Factor USA. He also allowed Dannii Minogue time off after she had her son, I don't think he's completely heartless.
  • Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    He wouldn't have sacked her after all she'd been through though. Simon is very PR savvy and he wouldn't want a repeat of the bad publicity he received over Chery and the X Factor USA. He also allowed Dannii Minogue time off after she had her son, I don't think he's completely heartless.

I'm not so sure, he poached Alisha Dixon just to piss off his rival programme then humiliated her by asking who she was in front of millions. He also had no qualms about luring Cheryl Cole to America then ditching her when she didn't work out. Perhaps he isn't totally heartless but I bet his employees don't have much confidence in that (including Amanda).
  • Options
    ee-ayee-ay Posts: 3,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shefair wrote: »
    way to go blaming Amanda for the problems she had having a still birth and her problems giving birth this time

why not make the poor woman feel worse for having something so dreadful happen to her

We dont know why she had a still birth but it most certainly wasn't from wearing high heels or going back to work too soon

It is reported that she went back to work with the agreement of her doctors and has taken the baby with her a lot of the time. Her job is hardly physically or mentally demanding and I doubt the hours are very long

I thought sh was very clever wearing that blue dress which was cut to disguise a flabby tummy and I have no doubt she is wearing support pants under it

I thiink she is actually sending a great message out to other mothers that you can look fabulous after childbirth and whist pregnant BUT she has the money and supprt to do so .

I have never got this fallacy of getting 'the figure back after childbirth' being some far flung unattainable achievement. With my first child age 23 in those days you stayed in hospital for a week, I left hospital weighing 7st my figure was back the day I left. With my second child at age 33 my figure was back within 10 days, I'm getting sick of hearing about women getting their figure back, when it's perfectly normal if you don't put on a huge amount weight during pregnancy.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bagpipes wrote: »
    When was the last time she actually acted in anything on TV?

When she was in BGT?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    euphie wrote: »
    But why should a new mother feel pressurised to 'look fabulous'? Is having a healthy new baby not enough? Why should someone look fab 3 weeks after giving birth? Admittedly, I don't have children, but I know if I did, they would be my first priority, not 'looking fabulous'

I am not saying they should but also why criticize someone for showing it can be done,

I dont slob about in my Pjs all day but I dont wear designer clothes either. I cant understand why anyone, even a new mother, would want to be in their Pjs at 3 in the afternoon I wasn't after my pregancies

At 3 weeks I was out and about meeting friends, shopping taking my other children to school doing all the sorts of normal things woman do and dressed well whilst doing them, in fact thinking about it I was heartily sick of my pregnancy clothes and and couldn't wait to wear non preggie clothes asap.

as I stated her job is neither physically nor mentally demanding so why should she not do a little light judging on the side, earning a vast amount of money, WHILSTcaring for and looking after her family.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rosie Red wrote: »
    Didn't she have good reviews for playing Fiona in Shrek?

yes she did
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not exactly a hard job as a BGT judge. All she'd need to do would be to sit in a chair.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »
    It's not exactly a hard job as a BGT judge. All she'd need to do would be to sit in a chair.

Yes, but you'd have to be pretty good at acting in order to appear convincing enough when you make out that you actually care.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [/B]
    I'm not so sure, he poached Alisha Dixon just to piss off his rival programme then humiliated her by asking who she was in front of millions. He also had no qualms about luring Cheryl Cole to America then ditching her when she didn't work out. Perhaps he isn't totally heartless but I bet his employees don't have much confidence in that (including Amanda).

For as long as all these women (including his alleged 'exes') continue to fawn and simper all over him, he will continue to do the same.

He flatters them until he gets their signature and then seems to tire of them easily, before dumping them by the wayside until the next in-demand pretty-but-dim female arrives on the scene.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Must be extremly desperate if she feels being a celeb and having fame is more important than her health and her children

Maybe she needs the money and doesn't want to risk her contract. Her life style would take a huge hit if she lost BGT.
  • Options
    Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    I like her, not a popular opinion but I dont care. She comes across as likeable and hard working and genuine to me and i like her wit. Shes had a hard time losing her baby before and shes now got a healthy baby whose to say shes not panic'ing over being able to provide and trying to secure her position to ensure her childs future?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was pretty shocked when i looked either yesterday the day before and saw Amanda Holden posing in a blue evening dress and high heels and the caption of her getting her figure back three weeks after nearly dying in childbirth.
    She should have taken it easy before she gave birth and maybe she wouldnt have experienced such a traumatic birth and especially after the stillbirth she had before that.
    It does not give out a good message to other women that you should have regained your figure within three weeks and not look like you had just had a baby.
    These celebs do help to put a lot of pressure on just ordinary women who have just had babies.
    I'm sorry, but if you are dumb enough to try and emulate a celeb and lose your baby weight in a unrealistic amount of time, then you shouldn't be in charge of a goldfish, let alone a newborn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I don't think any of us should judge how soon a woman should return to work after childbirth, traumatic or not. If Amanda feels ready then we should respect that.

I totally agree with this.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how people on this thread have such deep insights into her character and personal life based on what they see on television and read in the papers.

Considering it's fairly common knowledge that the BGT filming takes no more than a day or so for each audition stage, i'm fairly sure her husband can cope ..

And i'm quite sure that the only person who really knows how amanda holden feels is ... amanda holden, not some faceless know-it-all forum member with apparent degrees in medicine, gynacology, midwifery and probably psychology as well.

But then this is the DS Showbiz (sub)forum. A Forum which will never truly be happy unless all attractive female celebrities are locked indoors, chained to the sink doing dishes and making sure dinner is ready for their menfolk. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    euphie wrote: »
    But why should a new mother feel pressurised to 'look fabulous'? Is having a healthy new baby not enough? Why should someone look fab 3 weeks after giving birth? Admittedly, I don't have children, but I know if I did, they would be my first priority, not 'looking fabulous'

I just had a baby 7 weeks ago and looking like I used to look is important to me, as I've had PND before. While I hope to lose the baby weight and then some by July, I need to wear nice clothes, sort out my hair and face even if I am sitting in the house or doing the school run. You have to prioritise the baby of course, but you can't do it at the expense of yourself.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    this is the DS Showbiz (sub)forum. A Forum which will never truly be happy unless all attractive female celebrities are locked indoors, chained to the sink doing dishes and making sure dinner is ready for their menfolk. :rolleyes:
    That's called Girl Power. Better than any white goods from Comet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I love how people on this thread have such deep insights into her character and personal life based on what they see on television and read in the papers.

Considering it's fairly common knowledge that the BGT filming takes no more than a day or so for each audition stage, i'm fairly sure her husband can cope ..

And i'm quite sure that the only person who really knows how amanda holden feels is ... amanda holden, not some faceless know-it-all forum member with apparent degrees in medicine, gynacology, midwifery and probably psychology as well.

But then this is the DS Showbiz (sub)forum. A Forum which will never truly be happy unless all attractive female celebrities are locked indoors, chained to the sink doing dishes and making sure dinner is ready for their menfolk. :rolleyes:

and in addition apparently finds it fine to imply that a woman who wears high heels and works is causing a still birth and childbirth problems

I dont think any post that I have read has made me angrier

Stillbirths and birthing problems are traumatic enough and the causes are very complex, no where, except on this forum is it thought that high heels and working play a part in them.

How disgusting to suggest to a new mother who has had a such a traumatic time, that she had any part in causing harm to her baby when in fact no such thing is scientifically true.

Shame on the poster who showed such a lack of common human decency
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet1986 wrote: »
    I like her, not a popular opinion but I dont care. She comes across as likeable and hard working and genuine to me and i like her wit. Shes had a hard time losing her baby before and shes now got a healthy baby whose to say shes not panic'ing over being able to provide and trying to secure her position to ensure her childs future?

She has got a husband to do that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    She has got a husband to do that.

Exactly !

This video sums it up very well !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CPeterson wrote: »
    Disgusting human being with the eyes of a dead cow and the charisma of burnt shit.

post of the montn :D
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her. She doesn't seem to take herself too seriously. I don't see how how soon she returns to work has anything to do with anyone other than her and her doctors. Traumatic though the birth was she probably recovered very quickly after. People do you know.
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member
    I am waiting for the 'my PND' hell by Amanda Holden in OK magazine.
    I cannot believe that she was back at work, however limited in just 2 weeks! The pain you are still in at that stage means u really don't want to be wearing tight support Pants, unless of course the ends justify the means which Amanda obviously believes is true. She has her baby with her fair enough, but it makes all those other mums out there feel inadequate if they're not doing the same. As a previous poster says, she needs to heal inside and outside, & I'm afraid she's heading for a fall
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chloeb wrote: »
    As a previous poster says, she needs to heal inside and outside, & I'm afraid she's heading for a fall

Obviously based on the assumption that every human being has the same, uniform way of doing and feeling everything.

How do you know she isn't healed or feeling perfectly fine ?