Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Having seen the freeview advert yet again, I saw a mythbusters episode a couple of years ago and it took at least 3500 balloons to lift a small 8 year old girl off the ground, I think she weighed about 60lb (4 stone I think off the top of my head), scaling that up I would think you would need at least 10000+ to lift an average sized guy off the ground, don't think freeview will ever get that many channels on there :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I just sold my car, quick quick
    Let's change the channel, quick quick
    Come on, find the remote, quick quick,
    I just broke my telly, *Oh No*
    Come up with an excuse for the wife, quick quick,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    The Lurpak 'Chopping' one grates on me even more (excuse the pun).
    Why they show all kinds of 'tasty' vegetables that use minute amounts of butter, for a butter advert makes me wonder. They seem to forget that it would be better on toast, baking, bread, you name it... but vegetables?

And of course don't get me started about the voiceover. As you go through, the temptation to just throw knives at the TV increases. Best to mute.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTpBIhevdlE&feature=related
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Vernon Kay and his mother is back in full, they had cut the "I'm 36 with 2 kids, you're still my baby" but have now put it back in.
  • Options
    VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    The Vernon Kay and his mother is back in full, they had cut the "I'm 36 with 2 kids, you're still my baby" but have now put it back in.

Looking at your username, are you his mum? :confused:
  • Options
    LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too ! I love the little glance he gives his owner !

Perhaps they should only make ads with animals as most of the ones with humans are beyond aggravating, apart from the Gin loving lady in Aldi's ad
  • Options
    halstationhalstation Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The dancing gravy bull is back!!

There's a new Harvester ad with another irritating kid acting like a grown up.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    halstation wrote: »
    The dancing gravy bull is back!!

I said to the husband earlier that if something jumped out of my gravy I would be hitting it with a hammer or something!
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harvester - Why? Why do advertisers insist on using the most ANNOYING kids they can find?! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harvester - Why? Why do advertisers insist on using the most ANNOYING kids they can find?! :mad:

Because their mums put their little darlings into drama schools.:eek:
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,063
    Forum Member
    Not TV, but does anybody know who's in the current milk adverts you see on the side of the buses?

Kelly Osbourne?
  • Options
    laineythenomadlaineythenomad Posts: 3,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see that one of my most irritating ads has been resurrected, i.e. the Bisto one with all those sad people banging on about "ahh night" - I know it's meant to be a play on words relating to the "Aah! Bisto" slogan but the word OUR is not pronounced AAH, or worse still ARE!! Call me a pedant if you like but this is a pet hate of mine. Not only that, the emphasis on families getting together to eat "proper" food, is a double irritant, as though single people don't cook from scratch or use their products to make gravy too. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Jenny Craig advert with Mel B goes through me, do Americans really like her? She's an odd choice.
  • Options
    Futurama-FanFuturama-Fan Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The worst kind of advert is the one I call the 'Cheap-Slot Filler' that cost pennies to put on the air due to a lack of an audience for most channels outside prime-time. Ads such as the follow:-

Hey you, this is an important message about PPI. Did you ask for it?, Did You Need it? well tough cause the bank manager probably told you about it and you thought it was insurance so you just said yes - Now a couple of people get lucky why don't you join the bandwagon and claim it back, at no cost to you (except a massive agency fee and the fact this kind of thing will lead to the banks charge fees for all bank accounts in the near future).

You can also add in all the short-term loan companies and that Ramdens gold shop.

Speaking of Gold what happened to all those 'Buy-My-Old-Gold' ads that were all over the Cheap Ad Slots back in late 2007 and through 2008?
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Expedia - "This is the sound of someone saving 40%... WOOHOO!" The next thing should be "This is the sound of someone getting punched in the face for such a bloody annoying advert! :mad:

We Buy Any Car - ARGH!!! This is on every f***ing radio station now. I've heard it on Planet Rock and XFM just now. I want to punch the guy that says "I just sold my car quick quick!" :mad:
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,697
    Forum Member
    "i just sold my car quick quick!" "I just sold my car fair deal!", sod off and stop pretend rapping!
    Stalker on the platforms songg
    it really is so wrongg
    he has an IQ of 26..28?
    and his voice does really really really grate
    he is a stalky prat
    and his song makes him sound like a t**t
    and that makes me want to smash up his banjo
    stalker on the platforms sonngggg

and how the hell does that spooky woman appear next to him so fast when the train flies by? did she run across the tracks? if so beware stalky guy, shes insane.

LMAO, very good :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chuffster wrote: »
    That VW advert with all the dates has got them WRONG!

The tennis console game was out yeas before 1985 and as for`boomboxes in 1995?1985 more like!

Thats what I thought too :confused: My only thoughts is they couldnt get the rights to something like Super Mario Bros. on the NES for 1985 but who was playing Pong in 1985 FFS? It came out in the early 70's! :eek:
    When I was 13 in 1995 I never saw anybody walking down the street with a "boombox" like that :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see that one of my most irritating ads has been resurrected, i.e. the Bisto one with all those sad people banging on about "ahh night" - I know it's meant to be a play on words relating to the "Aah! Bisto" slogan but the word OUR is not pronounced AAH, or worse still ARE!! Call me a pedant if you like but this is a pet hate of mine. Not only that, the emphasis on families getting together to eat "proper" food, is a double irritant, as though single people don't cook from scratch or use their products to make gravy too. :mad:

I think I used to know one of the people in that ad :eek: He went to my school I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The news just showed Prince Harry racing Usain Bolt, and he didn't look anything like Richard Branson.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    The news just showed Prince Harry racing Usain Bolt, and he didn't look anything like Richard Branson.:rolleyes:

I agree, Prince Harry looks nothing like Richard Branson.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Off topic for a moment, is anyone else having trouble with adverts in the top right han,d disabling the ability of going to another page and having to trawl down to the bottom every time
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    Not sure if it's been said and not a advert as such, but it confused me earlier when round my brothers, his wife had deal on and before it started the bit of film thet showed was someone in a boat who brought what seem to be people who were stiff and stood them on what looked like a jetty while a guy was fishing, the tag was 4 on demand, eh? what? :confused:
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Thats what I thought too :confused: My only thoughts is they couldnt get the rights to something like Super Mario Bros. on the NES for 1985 but who was playing Pong in 1985 FFS? It came out in the early 70's! :eek:
    When I was 13 in 1995 I never saw anybody walking down the street with a "boombox" like that :confused:

I'm only 17 and even I knew those things were wrong!!!
  • Options
    pearljpearlj Posts: 1,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »

Thank goodness. I thought exactly the same about the boomboxes. I said to my other half that they where out in the eighties along with break dancing and double dutch.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pnp63 wrote: »
    Not sure if it's been said and not a advert as such, but it confused me earlier when round my brothers, his wife had deal on and before it started the bit of film thet showed was someone in a boat who brought what seem to be people who were stiff and stood them on what looked like a jetty while a guy was fishing, the tag was 4 on demand, eh? what? :confused:

There were some Hollyoaks characters in that advert but I don't know what it's all about
This discussion has been closed.