Options

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 18)

1127128129130131133»

Comments

• Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member

Question for Mark if he is around.....Have you seen much of Ayr and if so are they any good ?

QUOTE]

have seen Ayr this season against Morton at Cappielow. we beat them 4-1 comfortably but that was when we were on top form and could have scored more, also beat them 3-1 coming from behind. Also beat them 1-0 at Somerset but cant comment on performance as wasnt there.

Also seen them at Hampden against Kilmarnock as was working there, they defended well and let Killie attack them and try to hit them on the counterattack.

Have noticed they had improved considerably in recent weeks so think they will give Hibs a game and could cause an upset, sorry:)
  • Options
    StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,883
    Forum Member
    timboy wrote: »
    That's the kind of thing I was meaning. It would be unrealistic to expect someone to travel half way across the country after a day at work to spend an hour or two outside Ibrox then have to travel home again. Put it this way though, with the support Rangers have I'd have expected there to be protests where at least a couple thousand turned up.

To be honest I would love to be there, even for an hour or so just to show I care but it is simply not possible for me.
    You are right about the way that news spreads and the technology that is available these days. Back when Celts For Change were on the go if you weren't able to go to a meeting yourself or didn't know someone who was at a meeting unless the press reported on it it was really difficult to find out what was going on until a match day. Now people can find out in seconds on forums or via Twitter.

Its amazing how quick that you can find things out these days, before the press in the majority of instances. Twitter really has revolutionised journalism
    On a lighter note, well done for winning the league again. Can't believe you've only dropped 7 points all season. :eek:

Ha ha thanks, its been a strange season for me. I rotate my players a lot, however half of them are unhappy due to not getting enough games. Will need to move a few on through the close season. I see you are clear 2nd as well and pulling away. Challenging for the title next season? Or you had enough of the game? :)
  • Options
    croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vennegoor wrote: »
    You're not coming out of adminstration.

The big issue is what happens with the newco and all of today's pantomime has been about that..

As I say to all Celtic fans - keep believing ... you never know one time you might just be right.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately a lot of the rumours about Rangers demise have been started by jealous Celtic fans - I think that pretty much sums up where we are in Scottish football at the moment, jealousy is coming to the fore from all sides.

Certainly I don't think I have seen so much joy on this particular thread since well ever ... but in my eyes this title is not tainted Celtic have been the better team over the last few months and would have been champions no matter how much we imploded. In fact I would say recent events have given some Rangers fans an excuse not to acknowledge their achievements but I don't go along with that train of thought.
  • Options
    pedrokpedrok Posts: 16,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    As I say to all Celtic fans - keep believing ... you never know one time you might just be right.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately a lot of the rumours about Rangers demise have been started by jealous Celtic fans - I think that pretty much sums up where we are in Scottish football at the moment, jealousy is coming to the fore from all sides.

Certainly I don't think I have seen so much joy on this particular thread since well ever ... but in my eyes this title is not tainted Celtic have been the better team over the last few months and would have been champions no matter how much we imploded. In fact I would say recent events have given some Rangers fans an excuse not to acknowledge their achievements but I don't go along with that train of thought.

Jealous........Jealous!

Of a club that has seen its fans rampage across Europe, that saw its only European trophy presented in the toilet, of a club that had a sectarian signing policy, of a club facing a disripute charge, a club that has failed to pay taxes, of a club that will be unable to compete in Europe.

Jealous!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Jealousy? Please.

Justifiable contempt, long-earned despisation, barely disguised hatred for a club with a thick as pigshit support who have deserved every minute of the past three weeks and hopefully a couple of months more worth of pain to come.

So much for 'no one likes us, we don't care'.
  • Options
    VennegoorVennegoor Posts: 14,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

For God's sake grow up and look at the evidence. Is there a single Rangers fan that has the brains to look beyond press releases printed as fact in newspapers. Even after all this you still lap up fairy stories.
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha ha thanks, its been a strange season for me. I rotate my players a lot, however half of them are unhappy due to not getting enough games. Will need to move a few on through the close season. I see you are clear 2nd as well and pulling away. Challenging for the title next season? Or you had enough of the game? :)

I've got a formation that is working for me so I'll keep plugging away in the hope I can finally overhaul you next season. :D:D

I've got an ageing squad though so might have to move a few players on myself.

We've already been proven to be right on plenty of occasions when it comes to this sorry mess that Rangers are in. If only the Scottish media had listened to us!

Hopefully nvrgotfrasier will be more adept at using technology when he finishes his degree and is a reporter.
    but in my eyes this title is not tainted Celtic have been the better team over the last few months and would have been champions no matter how much we imploded. In fact I would say recent events have given some Rangers fans an excuse not to acknowledge their achievements but I don't go along with that train of thought.

Takes a lot for a Rangers fan to say that so I have to give you some (albeit grudging :p:p) respect for that.

We were already top of the league long before Rangers went into administration and Rangers collapse coincided with signing of the season (© Soulpuncher) Sone Aluko arriving at Rangers.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't know that Bolton use Just can't get enough when they score as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »

Loads of clubs and fans are using it these days.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good header 2-1 Hearts I have Hearts on my coupon always risky when you do an early one on your coupon
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Tbf they don't use it that often.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good header 2-1 Hearts I have Hearts on my coupon always risky when you do an early one on your coupon

As it was today!

I avoided the bookies today. I didn't think that there was much of real value.

United v Celtic to draw tomorrow at 11/4 seems good value.
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ridiculous superstition time. I got a manicure today as I got them previously the weekends we beat Airdrie United and Rangers, so went back to get one today. :)

I swear I'll scream if I hear another neutral say either, United will give Celtic a good game, or this is the most important game in Celtic's season. They're jinxing us. :D
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,853
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=57038800#post57038800
    This discussion has been closed.