Options

Richard Branson, do you like or dislike him?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 873
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/74111.html

I don't know what it is, sometimes I like Richard Branson and other times, not so much. What are your opinions of him?

Comments

• Options
    The VixenThe Vixen Posts: 9,829
    Forum Member
    I don't know him, I have never met him, have no opinion of him.

His entrepreneurship has created jobs for thousands, hats off to him for thay.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am speaking of him as a public person, he is quite controversial in some ways as illustrated here.

http://elitedaily.com/elite/2012/controversial-dictator-business/
  • Options
    confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't know why but i've always kind of liked him....he lives near me in a somewhat modest house in very large, private grounds but i've never seen him in the village. when you walk past his boundries there are cctv cameras that swivel and follow you.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I love the old hippy!
  • Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    confuddled wrote: »
    i don't know why but i've always kind of liked him....he lives near me in a somewhat modest house in very large, private grounds but i've never seen him in the village. when you walk past his boundries there are cctv cameras that swivel and follow you.

Are you saying he spies on people or he's a pervert..:D
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He has 50,000 employees, so I like him on that basis.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheMask wrote: »
    Are you saying he spies on people or he's a pervert..:D

haha...no i'm saying his property is well protected to keep us plebs out.
  • Options
    HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He doesn't bother me
  • Options
    Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member
    Myslef and a couple of guys from work met and spoke to Richard Branson before, during a research conference in the States a few years back, and he seemed a really nice, affable and genuine bloke. After the business side was concluded he actually took time to sit down and discuss some rather 'out-there' theories. I tell you, that guy seriously wants to start the beginnings of Starfleet. :cool:

Have any of you seen his latest venture, Virgin Oceanic's 'Deep Flight Challenger' that's going to take a manned vessel down to the bottom of the Marianas' Trench?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baboo Yagu wrote: »
    Myslef and a couple of guys from work met and spoke to Richard Branson before, during a research conference in the States a few years back, and he seemed a really nice, affable and genuine bloke. After the business side was concluded he actually took time to sit down and discuss some rather 'out-there' theories. I tell you, that guy seriously wants to start the beginnings of Starfleet. :cool:

Have any of you seen his latest venture, Virgin Oceanic's 'Deep Flight Challenger' that's going to take a manned vessel down to the bottom of the Marianas' Trench?

Sun headline....Branson to pay fortune to dive into Mariana's Trench!!:D
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always think he comes across as being very likeable.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    I think he made a mistake when his company, Virgin Trains, decided to replace the existing Cross Country services (HSTs, i.e. loco hauled trains) with Virgin Voyagers, which have underfloor engines and therefore are noisier inside.
  • Options
    ubanjodubanjod Posts: 4,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a pretty clever individual. Not too sure if his personality is all genuine or it's there to help along his business.

TBH as long as somone isn't a complete idiot and has an industry that supports thousands of jobs, then thats a good enough reason to just ignore him and let him carry on being himself.
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently he asked president obama if he could have a spliff but he didn't have one so had to make do with some cake. I think i like him just for having a bit of a sense of humor.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2116115/White-House-state-dinner-Sir-Richard-Branson-claims-asked-President-Barack-Obama-spliff-Cameron-banquet.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    I bought Tubular Bells the week it came out ...its all my fault .:o

ETA no one would have batted an eyelid if hed asked for a brandy ..he should have asked Obama " Why are all you politicians such a bunch of joyless prohibitionists " ?
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0312/74111.html

I don't know what it is, sometimes I like Richard Branson and other times, not so much. What are your opinions of him?

I never used to like him and thought he was a bighead and a bit up himself, but he has created a lot of employment and is certainly a brilliant entrepreneur.

Two other things have increased my admiration for him ~ when a friend's Mum sadly died of a heart attack on board a Virgin flight, Richard Branson wrote a personal letter of condolence to her husband. Also, when the Cumbria train crash occurred involving a Virgin train in 2007, he was on the scene and conducting media interviews within a few hours, despite having the flu.

So on the whole pretty positive.
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont know enough about him, but entrepreneurs are good right?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I'd like him more if he adopted me at this point.
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Who? The black guy in the TV advert?

Yes, seems quite cute to me. :)
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Boss.

He owes me money for drinks i bought :eek:

Like him though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to like someone with a permanent smile.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I admire him certainly. Not sure that like or dislike comes into it as I've never met him.
  • Options
    Pet1986Pet1986 Posts: 7,701
    Forum Member
    I like and admire him, he strikes me as the sort not to sit on his ass or to take no for an answer and I admire that in people. I also loved the pics from his daughters wedding, looked like a very happy very family based occasion barefoot on the beach, his daughter who could have lived off her dads fame (yes i mean you Peaches/Pixie etc) actually went out and got qualified as a Doctor which shows the work ethic hes installed.

For all those reasons I like him, a lot.
  • Options
    BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    I have nothing but respect for the guy. He seems a very likeable person too. I think he's an inspirational character.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    I think his pickles could be better.