Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 26)

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We won't win the league playing like that. Excruciatingly bad.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1-0 win.

Not happy at all. VERY nervous for the Blackburn fixture.

Why???:confused::confused:

We have consistantly played better away from home than at home this season, and Blackburn are coming off a loss at Bolton, and do not have Samba any more to thwart our attacks.

I just cannot understand your negativity. :confused::confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey, made hard work of that. Some sloppy play there but got the three points.

They should have had a pen, no idea why the ref didn't give it, maybe that evens out the newcastle pen.
  • Options
    SSReportersSSReporters Posts: 9,538
    Forum Member
    As nervy as that was and we got away with the penalty not given, we're still unbeaten vs. London sides in the league with just QPR to come.
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member

yea we will, you cant be free flowing/ 5-0 victories every game. You win the league by grinding out those 1-0's when youre not playing well. And tonight we didnt play well.
  • Options
    BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, that was poor. Evra main culprit on the passing for me. Far too many sloppy ones. Far too many. The time when he could have played Hernandez in but delayed and delayed and delayed then tried to find a much more difficult pass to Giggs and ended up giving the ball away was shocking.

Players weren't working for each other. I cited earlier Rafael standing waiting for a ball that was too short, to reach him. He started off closer than the defender but because the defender made the effort and Rafel just stood there, we lost possession thanks to Hernandez's poor pass.
  • Options
    clsyorkshireclsyorkshire Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phew! Made it over the line but only just.

The Panesars by the dugout looked like they were enjoying it though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

We won the league by playing badly but sneaking a win?? :confused:
    I think you will find, if we do that for every game, that we will in fact win the league. ;)
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yea we will, you cant be free flowing/ 5-0 victories every game. You win the league by grinding out those 1-0's when youre not playing well. And tonight we didnt play well.

No, we won't. A better team would have scored a couple. Some of the player's first touch and passing was diabolical.
  • Options
    MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Oliver. The new Howard Webb! Oh my word
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a penalty but DM made the most of it. He was kicked on the side of the boot, so suddenly that means both feet have to leap from the ground followed by a jump forward?

Behave.
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    How poor were giggs and evra tonight??? How giggs played 90 minutes is shocking.

Anyway nervy ending and it should have been a penalty due to the replays but in live action the ref has to be 100% certain to call it.

3 points closer to the title :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

We have consistantly played better away from home than at home this season, and Blackburn are coming off a loss at Bolton, and do not have Samba any more to thwart our attacks.

Oh definitely not going on form, but for whatever reason they play us hard at Ewood Park. Got a couple of 1-1s against us the last two seasons.
  • Options
    DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    was looking forward to this match, chance to make up goal difference. Pretty disappointed. The win at the end o f the day was most important thing
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,505
    Forum Member
    My heart stopped. Murphy probably won a pen but the ref said no.

Murphy of all people of course.

Yep. My heart stopped too there, thankfully we got away with it. Hope we take the warnings from this game, we weren't great tonight. Still we won though and we know we can play much better.
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member

That's United fans for you. No patience what so ever when it comes to young talent, constantly spoilt and complaining if we don't win games 9-0. Pretty crazy to be honest.

Tight wins like that are the making of champions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Phew! Made it over the line but only just.

The Panesars by the dugout looked like they were enjoying it though!

is that really necessary?
    No, we won't. A better team would have scored a couple. Some of the player's first touch and passing was diabolical.

you can pick many games throughout many seasons and say a better team would have scored a couple of goals there. The point is teams that dont hold out for the occasional 1-0 wins against lesser teams dont win the league, Teams that do hold out when playing badly, do.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aaahhh, we made that win look like a walk in the park.:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::o

Same again next week boys and girls?:eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yep. My heart stopped too there, thankfully we got away with it. Hope we take the warnings from this game, we weren't great tonight. Still we won though and we know we can play much better.

We definitely can.

Best case scenario is we hold the point differential next week and Arsenal win against City the week after. I don't remember who we play (Wigan away?) that round but if we can get the gap to 6 I'd say we're in very good position to win the title.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jol thinks carrick should have been sent off????

It was a penalty martin but dont be stupid over it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh definitely not going on form, but for whatever reason they play us hard at Ewood Park. Got a couple of 1-1s against us the last two seasons.

Yes, but those draws were with Samba at the back, and he made them far more secure than they are currently without him, so I do not see any worries about facing Blackburn, we will go there and win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We outplayed them for most of it and were unlucky not to get a second. Also a bit crap, too many sloppy passes and 'no, after you' football......... just shoot, hit it hard and on target ffs! This isn't the time for the perfect goal!

Like I said, we made hard work of it, which can quite often be the case against teams that park the bus.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was disappointed Rooney went off. He and Hernandez didn't have that many minutes together. As they haven't all season. Shame because last year they were such a prolific pairing.

DDG injury could be an issue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ask any City fan, would they have taken a scrappy and perhaps undeserved victory over Stoke, or the draw they got, and they will say a win every time, so I cannot see why people are feeling so down, we won, we are now three points clear at the top of the league!! :D:D

Cheer up! :D:D
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too, a certain fan sprang to mind staight away.

Give me a clue. I'm in thicko mode tonight.:o
This discussion has been closed.