Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• Options
    ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    TheElf wrote: »
    Morning everybody *waves enthusiastically*. How are you all? :D:D

Morning Elfy, fine thanks. :)
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    nowahalla wrote: »
    We were discussing accents last night as eldest was moaning about the fact that she doesn't have a scottish accent - hardly surprising really given her schooling and where she's lived to date, funnily enough she does sound scottish when she's cross! which is hilarious for the rest of us but just winds her up even more:D
    all three kids have a kind of mid-atlantic international school, accentless accent, if you know what I mean...I'm definitely scottish but have a dreadful habit of copying other people's accents when i talk with them:o

...waves back at Elfy...:D
    I know what you mean, it's very hard not to.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Think I'll sit out for an hour or two, I'm starting to lose inspiration......:p
  • Options
    nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artemesia wrote: »
    I do that too..
    I always think I sound fairly accentless until I hear that damn echo, not that I mind my accent, but it still comes as a surprise...
    :D:D same here:D
    Hicky wrote: »
    I know what you mean, it's very hard not to.
    embarrassing too, especially if in mixed company nationality-wise, I sound a right eejit:rolleyes::D
    Think I'll sit out for an hour or two, I'm starting to lose inspiration......:p
    enjoy being outside:) too hot here:( ...think i may have a wee nap before dinner;).....slides further down sofa....:D
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    They are not very traceable if you don't need to give name and address if you sign up. There are methods that are used in murder investigations etc but most people are safe to say whatever they like without penalty.

Morning Acker. Hope it goes well later. :) Does your MHW make you listen to her choice of music? (i'm imagining she plays "always look on the bright side of life" ) A friend of mine who counsels usually forces Pink onto her clients. :D She seems to have a track to suit every situation.
    Here is the wheeltappers and shunters club featuring the worst stomp ever danced :cool:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAkYPOwfn4I (a minute in)

Hiya Hicky :) ..sometimes I thank Christ for a sense of the absurd ...great clip ,Colin Crompton sat reading the Beano halfway through the act was class ...I loved Wheeltappers it was really rubbish ...." the pies are ready "
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TheElf wrote: »
    Morning everybody *waves enthusiastically*. How are you all? :D:D

hiya elfy I hope youre good :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lovely to see you acker and pleased you can resist the lure of the Offie. I'm sorry you are struggling, we have missed you and your humour.To be able to make people laugh when you are dying inside is a great attribute, hope things feel less desolate soon.
    I know we always say that you can always come on here and vent but often when we are really down, communication is just too much effort. Anyway, 'nuff said - have a well-intentioned ((hug)).xx:)

this post is kind of one of the reasons I love lurkers and why I think its worth coming to , made me a bit tearful but not in a bad way or anything , thanks :)....and thanks to those who showed up in my box ...proper. I have to do the getting ready thing ...laters .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    whoops ...came back to say honey youre not Hicky are you ?...ta for the Wheeltappers clip :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nowahalla wrote: »
    :D:D same here:D

embarrassing too, especially if in mixed company nationality-wise, I sound a right eejit:rolleyes::D

enjoy being outside:) too hot here:( ...think i may have a wee nap before dinner;).....slides further down sofa....:D
    I used to meet many people from many countries when i was doing software design work, and my mates used to say, I wish you could hear yourself.:D
    acker wrote: »
    Hiya Hicky :) ..sometimes I thank Christ for a sense of the absurd ...great clip ,Colin Crompton sat reading the Beano halfway through the act was class ...I loved Wheeltappers it was really rubbish ...." the pies are ready "
    Hi acker.:)
    Crossed me with Honey, she should be so lucky.:D
    whoops ...came back to say honey youre not Hicky are you ?...ta for the Wheeltappers clip :)
    We are very similar.:D
    We both argue a lot.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brian Belo Suing ITV For £4million After Accusing Them Of Nicking His Idea For 'TOWIE'

A nice little earner if he gets it, if, if, if.

Looking at the evidence i think he's right.
    They had offered him, £2,500 for the rights many years ago.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4223485/TOWIE-news-Big-Brother-star-Brian-Belo-is-demanding-that-he-is-paid-for-coming-up-with-idea-for-ITV2s-The-Only-Way-Is-Essex.html
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Balders takes it very serious.:D

Don't be under an illusion that you aren't traceable, as i said everything is monitored, whether you give any address or not doesn't really matter.
    You ID at the second you send any message is recorded, the security service will be monitoring every message into and out of the country, and within it.
    Sometimes they cant find people even for very serious crimes. They simply do not have the resources to monitor everything, though of course they have the means to if something comes to attention.
    Security checks and monitoring are not nearly as invasive as people think.
    I used to meet many people from many countries when i was doing software design work, and my mates used to say, I wish you could hear yourself.:D

Hi acker.:)
    Crossed me with Honey, she should be so lucky.:D

We are very similar.:D
    We both argue a lot.:D
    Yes we do. Stereotypes r us :D

My accent is not strong. Some other Liverpudlians accuse me of not having one but others hear it. It is a bit mixed really, i seem to have picked up bits from all over the country.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Brian Belo Suing ITV For £4million After Accusing Them Of Nicking His Idea For 'TOWIE'

A nice little earner if he gets it, if, if, if.

Looking at the evidence i think he's right.
    They had offered him, £2,500 for the rights many years ago.
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4223485/TOWIE-news-Big-Brother-star-Brian-Belo-is-demanding-that-he-is-paid-for-coming-up-with-idea-for-ITV2s-The-Only-Way-Is-Essex.html

Where did you see the evidence?
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    er ..morning all , im " struggling " if im honest :(...struggling and the offies open :eek:...id forgotten how close THAT was , on the plus side I havent been . Ive krulled but cant remember it all . Poppy , glad your granddaughters getting better ..Islay your cup final was triumph and tragedy wasnt it , hollie pack it in you daft bugger :)....seeing my MH worker later , I shall be taking her this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXJDtptMYrQ
    Sorry to hear that acker, tomorrow is another day tho'. You're strong, you'll get through it. Massive *huuuuuuugs* for you. x

You tell her. :D

I hope your MHW helps you, I'll be thinking of you.

Afternoon all.
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, Voodoo Child HERE with his award. :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »

Well done VC. :) *Is proud*
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well done to VC :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sometimes they cant find people even for very serious crimes. They simply do not have the resources to monitor everything, though of course they have the means to if something comes to attention.
    Security checks and monitoring are not nearly as invasive as people think.

Yes we do. Stereotypes r us :D

My accent is not strong. Some other Liverpudlians accuse me of not having one but others hear it. It is a bit mixed really, i seem to have picked up bits from all over the country.
    Don't confuse the security services with the police.
    Believe me, they do have the resources always did and always will, but as it's all secret I won't go on.

Where did you see the evidence?
    I just posted a link with a video in, pre Towie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't confuse the security services with the police.
    Believe me, they do have the resources always did and always will, but as it's all secret I won't go on.
    Do you have direct experience of monitoring or vetting either with the police or security services?
    I just posted a link with a video in, pre Towie.

Yes, but that is not evidence.
  • Options
    Bella BoffinBella Boffin Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member

1. WOW!!!!! VC is tasty!!!!!!!

2. Reading about Belo and his case against Towie....I had the idea ages ago to have some really posh middle aged people on BB and I thought BB did too (I was wrong about them) so if it happens it is MY idea......

3. Hicky, I have a weekly newspaper column (before you all snigger it is the Wilts and Glos Standard which may not be The Times but is read by Top People....well two people....) and I want to write about twitter......you said it is 'powerful'.....do you mean it makes you feel powerful? If so can you say how......and if you mean generally powerful can you explain to me how.....thankyou. Finally are you implying that you know how the security service functions but DARE NOT TELL US? I am very impressed.

4. I have been looking at Towie. If anyone ever complains that all the images in the media promote thin-ness point them to Towie....some of those girls are vast......eek
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Do you have direct experience of monitoring or vetting either with the police or security services?

Yes, but that is not evidence.
    I spent a very short time in the Military police, the rest being in a Top Secret Cypher detachment which dealt with communications.

I thought a video was good evidence.
    1. WOW!!!!! VC is tasty!!!!!!!

2. Reading about Belo and his case against Towie....I had the idea ages ago to have some really posh middle aged people on BB and I thought BB did too (I was wrong about them) so if it happens it is MY idea......

3. Hicky, I have a weekly newspaper column (before you all snigger it is the Wilts and Glos Standard which may not be The Times but is read by Top People....well two people....) and I want to write about twitter......you said it is 'powerful'.....do you mean it makes you feel powerful? If so can you say how......and if you mean generally powerful can you explain to me how.....thankyou. Finally are you implying that you know how the security service functions but DARE NOT TELL US? I am very impressed.

4. I have been looking at Towie. If anyone ever complains that all the images in the media promote thin-ness point them to Towie....some of those girls are vast......eek
    Surely instant communication to your followers is powerful, instead of sending thousands of text messages you just post 1 tweet and all your followers get it at the same time.

I'm not implying i know how the security services work, but going by logic, they couldn't keep the country secure if they didn't know what was going on.

Everyone involved with security, myself included are sworn to secrecy, so details have to be sketchy, even my Military stint in the 1960's may still be covered by the OSA or whatever, don't know but i don't talk about what i did in much detail in case i get a knock.:eek:
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks SR, well done to Paul :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I sat outside with my Sudoku, fell asleep, and managed to write all over my arm and hand....:rolleyes::D

Well done to VC, his time has not been wasted then...:p
  • Options
    Flora PosteFlora Poste Posts: 18,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sat outside with my Sudoku, fell asleep, and managed to write all over my arm and hand....:rolleyes::D

Well done to VC, his time has not been wasted then...:p

Anything interesting or just scribble :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

I thought a video was good evidence.

How? How can a promo video of actors be any evidence at all? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anything interesting or just scribble :D