Options

BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 41)

Comments

• Options
    Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems rather cruel for them to warn of devastating consequences and then leave him to worry for so long. :(

Pretty par for the course. :(
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    No more news. He will hear at his next appointment in six weeks.

I don’t know if we’re going to see him soon, Mr G has been wittering on the phone all day, probably to my son.
    That's ridiculous telling him something like that (which more than likely won't happen anyway) & leave him sweating about it for 6 bloody weeks! :mad:
    They don't include you in the conversations? :eek:
    I know its windy but can't see the wind or I know when Fluffers has guffed even if I don'rt hear it

No one hates them as much as me but I watched this and he never said they/we should eat cold pasties.

A Tory not shopping in Greggs is hardly major news.

:mad::mad: I'm more annoyed about this stamp rise. 10 letters a week for a job hunter on JSA is £6 in postage.
    He more than likely thought it! :D That's enough for me. :D

I always thought if you applied for jobs via the Job centre they paid for your postage? :confused: That's ridiculous having to fork out that amount of money a week out of your meagre benefit! :mad:
    Bloody 60p for a stamp is outrageous anyway! :mad:
    Does that mean I will no longer have to cover my nose when I walk past there shops. :D
    I'm sure you wouldn't be arrested for doing that........not yet anyway.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    That's ridiculous telling him something like that (which more than likely won't happen anyway) & leave him sweating about it for 6 bloody weeks! :mad:

I always thought if you applied for jobs via the Job centre they paid for your postage? :confused: That's ridiculous having to fork out that amount of money a week out of your meagre benefit! :mad:

I think most of the jobs in the job-centre are long gone or never existed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

No, it’s all about magazine production and selling advertising. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

I don’t think my son is too worried. I think he is familiar as I am with certain professions saying that everyone else’s work is inferior and their could be dire consequences because somebody else did the job first. Common sense says there will be no amputation unless there is infection and there isn’t.
  • Options
    Bella BoffinBella Boffin Posts: 6,561
    Forum Member
    I wonder who is backing Belo in this lawsuit. He's no fool (well not in the conventional sense) as I well know but to take matters this far he must have someone pulling the strings. I don't think he has a hope in hell but it must be to someone's advantage to encourage (finance?) him....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder who is backing Belo in this lawsuit. He's no fool (well not in the conventional sense) as I well know but to take matters this far he must have someone pulling the strings. I don't think he has a hope in hell but it must be to someone's advantage to encourage (finance?) him....

Why wouldn't he be able to finance it himself? Nobody would prance around in a thong on tv unless it was exceptionally well paid. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The jobcentre are actually even a hindrance to job hunting never mind helping you.

They are what were called 'job clubs and drop in centres which provide job hunting assistance including stamps but nothing to do with the job centre

I think most of the jobs in the job-centre are long gone or never existed.

The job centre jobs are usually available its just they are all crap.

Its agencies which i've found advertised already filled jobs
  • Options
    Laughing FairyLaughing Fairy Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Evenin' all!

TWITTER...

I like it. It gets a lot of abuse but that is because there are fools and tools ('scuse me) who use it. Just as there are amusing, interesting wonderful people in the community. It's only another form of communication, not the devil incarnate.

I have an account, but only to be more fully part of the system. I barely tweet, (I only did for appearances sake), it's not the point for me as I don't want the world and his aunt to know who I am, what I think, or where I'm going. Not that they would be remotely interested either. I follow a handful of people (Stevie Fry natch, who doesn't :D) if they are particularly of interest or I want updates about something very important- like William Curley chocolatier and what new flavour he might have just unleashed.

There's something for everyone, and way too much to keep up with. It's there to dip in and out of as needed. Yes, too many people are addicted, with eyes glued to their Tweetdeck - they should just learn control.

For someone in the public eye I should think it is a very useful outlet for any number of reasons. However, they should always look before they tweet as many have got into trouble by commenting rashly.

Here endeth my Tweet sermonette. :D
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it’s all about magazine production and selling advertising. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

I don’t think my son is too worried. I think he is familiar as I am with certain professions saying that everyone else’s work is inferior and their could be dire consequences because somebody else did the job first. Common sense says there will be no amputation unless there is infection and there isn’t.
    Ahhh right.

That's good if he isn't fretting about it. As you say, there have been no infections to date, & it's unlikely it would become infected now.
    Yes I suspect he has someone pulling the strings as you say. I think asking for 4m damages is ludicrous. :rolleyes:
    Obviously pantomime gigs must have dried up, & there comes a point (hopefully) when he no longer feels the need to debase himself any further on TV wearing a thong or a dress! :eek:
    Why wouldn't he be able to finance it himself? Nobody would prance around in a thong on tv unless it was exceptionally well paid. :D
    I suspect he gets very little for making a complete arse of himself on TV.
    The jobcentre are actually even a hindrance to job hunting never mind helping you.

They are what were called 'job clubs and drop in centres which provide job hunting assistance including stamps but nothing to do with the job centre

The job centre jobs are usually available its just they are all crap.

Its agencies which i've found advertised already filled jobs
    Ahhhh right, that's what I was thinking of, I didn't realise it wasn't part of the JC.
    Evenin' all!

TWITTER...

I like it. It gets a lot of abuse but that is because there are fools and tools ('scuse me) who use it. Just as there are amusing, interesting wonderful people in the community. It's only another form of communication, not the devil incarnate.

I have an account, but only to be more fully part of the system. I barely tweet, (I only did for appearances sake), it's not the point for me as I don't want the world and his aunt to know who I am, what I think, or where I'm going. Not that they would be remotely interested either. I follow a handful of people (Stevie Fry natch, who doesn't :D) if they are particularly of interest or I want updates about something very important- like William Curley chocolatier and what new flavour he might have just unleashed.

There's something for everyone, and way too much to keep up with. It's there to dip in and out of as needed. Yes, too many people are addicted, with eyes glued to their Tweetdeck - they should just learn control.

For someone in the public eye I should think it is a very useful outlet for any number of reasons. However, they should always look before they tweet as many have got into trouble by commenting rashly.

Evening LF, some people are continually tweeting all day & night long. Quite how they get away with it while they're supposed to be working, astonishes me!

As honey has already mentioned, some people have lost the ability to compose a proper sentence, & it shows when they're using some other media platform. Maybe they become lazy..........
    .......or maybe they didn't have the ability to communicate in the 1st place. :eek:

I do however think there's a very large part of it (with some people) that they think they're so interesting, & their life is so interesting, they have to share every bloody detail about it to all & sundry.

And also the way people 'speak' to people who appear on TV etc., as if they're their best buddies. Ludicrous IMO & quite apt it's named twatter. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evenin' all!

TWITTER...

I don't follow Stephen Fry. :D I cant stand him.
    You are right. There seem to be little communities of like minded people.
    Every twitter wassock seems to be surrounded by others who are equally banal, but others are pretty much like on here with proper discussion rather than "On bus" but i would like it better if there was no restriction on letters.
    Apart from weird horse, i particularly enjoy reading the tweets of the barrister Michael McParland. https://twitter.com/#!/MMcParland
    What is your favourite?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Evenin' all!

TWITTER...

Thank you LF! I expect like most things a lot of it is rubbish and some is not...it would obviously be a mistake to judge it on the basis of BB or Towie users...though I do follow Gerry BB8 and he can use it quite entertainingly (he would like the 'quite'.....I hope)........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ahhh right.

That's good if he isn't fretting about it. As you say, there have been no infections to date, & it's unlikely it would become infected now.

Yes I suspect he has someone pulling the strings as you say. I think asking for 4m damages is ludicrous. :rolleyes:
    Obviously pantomime gigs must have dried up, & there comes a point (hopefully) when he no longer feels the need to debase himself any further on TV wearing a thong or a dress! :eek:

Ahhhh right, that's what I was thinking of, I didn't realise it wasn't part of the JC.

Evening LF, some people are continually tweeting all day & night long. Quite how they get away with it while they're supposed to be working, astonishes me!

As honey has already mentioned, some people have lost the ability to compose a proper sentence, & it shows when they're using some other media platform. Maybe they become lazy..........
    .......or maybe they didn't have the ability to communicate in the 1st place. :eek:

I do however think there's a very large part of it (with some people) that they think they're so interesting, & their life is so interesting, they have to share every bloody detail about it to all & sundry.

And also the way people 'speak' to people who appear on TV etc., as if they're their best buddies. Ludicrous IMO & quite apt it's named twatter. :D

I think many "stars" are making a big mistake mixing their private and public twitter accounts. I cant think of any very well respected star who tweets about their diarrhoea or periods. The whole industry is an illusion and some things are best left to the imagination.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just watching Four Rooms and Amy Winehouse’s dad is on it flogging off one of her dresses.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahhh right.

Hi Sr. I agree with all those points about how people overdo tweeting and the mind-numbing banality, and assuming just because they can directly 'access' a sleb they can be friends with them or have the temerity :rolleyes::D to become familiar with them.

But these are the same sort of people who once upon a time might have yelled into their brick sized mobile phone "I'M ON THE TRAIN". One either has discernment or not it seems. I don't think it's fair to criticise the medium, ie Twitter, as there are always going to be people who are daft - they just have more ways to display it now.

Too true also about losing the ability to communicate properly, but one can't blame Twitter solely for that as txt spk generally has a lot to answer for. Anyone can make a spelling or typing error but the extent of grammatical mistakes is quite worrying. The mis-use of your and you're is alarming. Hicky, are you paying attention at the back of the class!!:D

Incidently, I'm not a Twitter 'fanatic' by any means. I think it serves a useful, and entertaining purpose. People give it a bad reputation, as they are wont to do.
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Brian is backed by Sassy Films & Massive TV.

He has contracts offered to him to sign over the rights.
    He was dealing with Lime pictures, in the end they went it alone and took the people from him and left him out in the cold.

In other words they must have said, well take us to court, as all the big boys do.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your son is obviously very sensible if he knows well enough not to worry and you are right about the common sense logic:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Sr. I agree with all those points about how people overdo tweeting and the mind-numbing banality, and assuming just because they can directly 'access' a sleb they can be friends with them or have the temerity :rolleyes::D to become familiar with them.

But these are the same sort of people who once upon a time might have yelled into their brick sized mobile phone "I'M ON THE TRAIN". One either has discernment or not it seems. I don't think it's fair to criticise the medium, ie Twitter, as there are always going to be people who are daft - they just have more ways to display it now.

Too true also about losing the ability to communicate properly, but one can't blame Twitter solely for that as txt spk generally has a lot to answer for. Anyone can make a spelling or typing error but the extent of grammatical mistakes is quite worrying. The mis-use of your and you're is alarming. Hicky, are you paying attention at the back of the class!!:D

Incidently, I'm not a Twitter 'fanatic' by any means. I think it serves a useful, and entertaining purpose. People give it a bad reputation, as they are wont to do.

I don't mind about spelling or punctuation but don't you think that restricting the characters discourages communication?
    Why is it restricted?:confused: The thing that annoys me most about it is that it is "upside down" and i wish they had the option to reverse it.
    I always read it last thing at night while i am falling asleep. (it helps)
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

its to the advantage of his solicitor thats for sure :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve got a twitter a/c and I’ve made one tweet…

to tell my daughter I had a twitter a/c.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hicky wrote: »
    Brian is backed by Sassy Films & Massive TV.

He has contracts offered to him to sign over the rights.
    He was dealing with Lime pictures, in the end they went it alone and took the people from him and left him out in the cold.

In other words they must have said, well take us to court, as all the big boys do.

But we don't know that this happened until it has been to court. I am sure he must have enough grounds to challenge it, but even if the programme was his idea it wont necessarily mean that he is entitled to full credit. The copyright laws are very complicated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I’ve got a twitter a/c and I’ve made one tweet…

to tell my daughter I had a twitter a/c.

One cannot improve upon perfection, Gemo. Leave it at that.

Did I read a while back that Belo was suffering from some sort of post-BB depression? I can't remember exactly but wasn't his mum saying he kept to his room and was really down. If that is true then this is a risky strategy. (Might have got that wrong....)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't follow Stephen Fry. :D I cant stand him.
    You are right. There seem to be little communities of like minded people.
    Every twitter wassock seems to be surrounded by others who are equally banal, but others are pretty much like on here with proper discussion rather than "On bus" but i would like it better if there was no restriction on letters.
    Apart from weird horse, i particularly enjoy reading the tweets of the barrister Michael McParland. https://twitter.com/#!/MMcParland
    What is your favourite?

I'm glad to hear that someone doesn't follow Mr Fry. I was keener in the beginning - like so many relationships - now I just check where he is in the world and that he's ok. Have you met his 'wife'? She doesn't put up with much nonsense from him.

https://twitter.com/#!/MrsStephenFry

I change regularly who I follow really, so it varies. There are a quite a few accounts I don't follow but bookmark to check into when the mood takes me. Thanks for the link, I'll browse it later.

Thank you LF! I expect like most things a lot of it is rubbish and some is not...it would obviously be a mistake to judge it on the basis of BB or Towie users...though I do follow Gerry BB8 and he can use it quite entertainingly (he would like the 'quite'.....I hope)........

Just go for it Bella. I think it would suit your style - you know how to get your money's worth out of a few words! And it's not like Facebook, (ie Hotel California....you can check out but can never leave). You can close it whenever you like without much ado I believe.

The whole world is there - the good, the bad, the ugly, the lovely. Just search for what interests and ignore the rest, which can be a challenge admittedly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm glad to hear that someone doesn't follow Mr Fry. I was keener in the beginning - like so many relationships - now I just check where he is in the world and that he's ok. Have you met his 'wife'? She doesn't put up with much nonsense from him.

I change regularly who I follow really, so it varies. There are a quite a few accounts I don't follow but bookmark to check into when the mood takes me. Thanks for the link, I'll browse it later.

Just go for it Bella. I think it would suit your style - you know how to get your money's worth out of a few words! And it's not like Facebook, (ie Hotel California....you can check out but can never leave). You can close it whenever you like without much ado I believe.

The whole world is there - the good, the bad, the ugly, the lovely. Just search for what interests and ignore the rest, which can be a challenge admittedly.

:o I probably get more (sick) pleasure from reading the wassock accounts.
  • Options
    Forum Member

No. I wouldn't do it myself. My obsessive compulsive is just this side of complete madness. Twitter would take over my every moment and I would be consumed by it....until I got bored and then I would just walk away and resent the wasted time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind about spelling or punctuation but don't you think that restricting the characters discourages communication?
    Why is it restricted?:confused: The thing that annoys me most about it is that it is "upside down" and i wish they had the option to reverse it.
    I always read it last thing at night while i am falling asleep. (it helps)

It does restrict the extent of conversation honey, and I can imagine that must be annoying at times. But that is also the beauty of it, and intention I think, to have quick soundbites in effect and be able to keep up to date about something without trawling through much wordage. Forums are great for gathering, grabbing a coffee, and lighting a **** (metaphorically. I don't smoke :D) and have a natter, or more.
This discussion has been closed.