The Big Holby City Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kat1985 wrote: »
    Everyone's rather quiet on here!!

The show's not at it's best at the moment though, is it. I'm guessing people will gain more interest as soon as the seemingly neverending Sahira/Greg silliness has finally come to an end!

Seriously, I've never known a less popular storyline than that one.
  • Options
    skf1skf1 Posts: 7,857
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed the episode. My only question is - is the character of Alex going to become permanent? I really hope so. I do enjoy her scenes with Michael. She's grown on me.

Steph x
  • Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed the episode too, although I don't like Lleucu - she's so touchy and immature. If she's that possessive already, what's she going to be like once she and Chantelle are living together? Alarm bells should be ringing!

Loved Hanssen and Rafi's scene though, it gave us an intriguing new dimension to the whole Sahira affair - for once I actually can't wait to see where it will go next! And Sacha was cute tonight, all happy and cheeky teasing Michael Spence about Alex - loved that!

Also, I approve the new titles - the shots of Jac and Luc are more flattering than the previous ones, and I'm glad to see Tara in there. I know she's not been a hit with everyone on here but I've really liked her so far, she's been very tolerant of the disinterested if not downright hostile behaviour from Jac,Ollie, Malick (what happened to the "I want to mentor the students" thing? that didn't last long!) and even Frieda. And she and Luc would be hysterical operating together, with her fainting at the sight of blood and his claustrophobia - plenty of dramatic potential there.
  • Options
    JordanJ7JordanJ7 Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    skf1 wrote: »
    I enjoyed the episode. My only question is - is the character of Alex going to become permanent? I really hope so. I do enjoy her scenes with Michael. She's grown on me.

Steph x

I think she leaves in the next episode although, I'm not 100% sure.
  • Options
    lord.dynamolord.dynamo Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    I hope Rafi stays, I always used to like that they had anaesthetists popping in and out every now and then. I'd like to see more of the wider hospital, maybe occasional visits to other wards.
  • Options
    cloverclover Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thombo1 wrote: »
    Rafi's suddenly rocked the boat as far as the Sahira storyline goes and it was desperately needed, it was a good move bringing his character in. Hanssen was fantastic and very sinister - it's like he's the Holby puppetmaster. I think he seemed to really enjoy landing Greg in it!

Agreed! And I loved the way Hanssen quietly dropped that Greg bomb. It was a beautiful piece of manipulation and definitely sinister. I'm also loving Michael Spence at the moment. That Alex one was a cow to him for most of the episode, but the scene where they were talking about the sexual chemistry between them was very funny.

Episode review here
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enjoyed the episode last night, hansen was great but creepy too!

the guy and his friends was very nice at the end.

oh i saw Luc's bum!!
    went to a play called all new people at the weekend and they had pre filmed scenes being shown throughout it. one of them was a fairly gratuitous male bum shot with a couple in bed. then the guy got up and it was only Dr Hemmingway!!!! had to contain a little squee!
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Hanssen is a sly git, get Raffi chomping at the bit to have it all out thinking she's banging Greg which shifts Raffi's suspicions off Hanssen so he can go on lusting after her unnoticed.

So Mr Spence likes the Idea of being dominated by this new bird. How long before he tells her to shove it.

Chantells mate seems like the next hospital nut job, possessive, jealous & dominating
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    I agree that for the first time last night, Hanssen was creepy and actually annoyed me! I was sat here watching with my sister, who was calling Hanssen all the names under the sun and I had to keep telling her to shut up but really, the way he constantly moons after Sahira IS creepy. Greg wanders after her like a lost puppy but Hanssen wants complete control. I had thought perhaps after a few episodes ago, when he told Greg not to meddle in other people's relationships, that he was keeping an eye out for Sahira so that her marriage could work and she didn't go ruining it by having a fling with Greg. Turns out maybe he was telling Greg to stay out of the creepy non-relationship Hanssen is conducting in his head.

Nevertheless, I do admire Rafi for standing up to him. As soon as I saw Rafi I thought, he's not going to be the type who just sits back and lets other men lust after his wife. And that includes Hanssen as well as Greg!

I think this nonsense with Sahira has sort of ruined Hanssen. When he first came in I loved how he put Connie in her place and didn't take any rubbish from anyone. I also love his strange respect for Michael, the constant clashing with Ric and Elliott (when they are in it) and his one liners. But changing him from a troubled man who has some sort of past into a creepy puppet master who interferes in other people's marriages, for reasons best known to himself... not good. I do hope once she's gone he'll be back to his old, brilliant self.

I absolutely loved Michael (as usual) tonight. Gutted to hear he's shaved the beard; I was thinking how good he looked in last night's ep :rolleyes: Alex reminds me far too much of Thandie Newton, especially her role in ER where she played (what I thought anyway) an annoying surgeon. Never thought I'd see Michael make such a fool of himself trying to ask a woman out :p But she just wanted it on her terms, so he was never going to win that! In a way it was a challenge for him which I did find funny (if a bit cringy, poor Michael!) because he's so not used to women turning him down :D

As for the chemistry between him and Alex... have no idea what Sacha was going on about there! I just don't see it!

Much better episode than last week. You know an episode is going to be good when it starts off with Michael and Sacha making a mess in theatre :D
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I loved the contrast at the beginning between Alex and Luc being all orderley and neat in one theatre, and then cut to Michael and Sasha in the middle of a big bloody mess in their theatre! Kinda defines their characters, really.

Loved, loved, loved Michael in this ep (as always). He is compassionate as well as ambitious, which makes him loveable in my book. Alex is really showing her bitchy side now. There is a twist coming, apparently. Wonder what it will be? Not long to find out now.

Sahira was back to her smug best, I didn't like the way she dropped Olly in it with surgery that was way above his skills, and she knew it, as did Hanssen.
    Hanssen let me down, going back to his obsessive ways with Sahira, and dropping Greg in it like that was pure evil :D
    Rafi was good, standing up to H but I just can't take to him and his voice is beyond irritating.

Clakey was also annoying, the way is is trying to control Chantelle can only end in tears. There is definitely a bit of single white female going on there.

I am in the minority in that I enjoyed last week's episode more than this one. Without Michael, it would have been a dead loss, for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed the episode too, although I don't like Lleucu - she's so touchy and immature. If she's that possessive already, what's she going to be like once she and Chantelle are living together? Alarm bells should be ringing!

AGREE 100% !!!
  • Options
    NormandyMaryNormandyMary Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Rafi stays, I always used to like that they had anaesthetists popping in and out every now and then. I'd like to see more of the wider hospital, maybe occasional visits to other wards.

Bring back Dr Green!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked this episode. Highlight of the episode was Rafi's little talk with the Swedish Giant. And by 'eck - Hanssen looked as if he had his cage rattled. But he soon regained his equilibrium by dropping Dr Greg's name which was a move of evil genius on his part. Normally, the Rafi / Henrik / Greg / Sahira love quadrilateral bores me, but now that Rafi's on the warpath - things just got interesting.

As for Flakey and Chantelle, I'm hoping that Flakey stops acting like a complete and controlling little madam toward the hospital's Little Miss Sunshine. But like the patient said, she's from the valleys. (I should know what he's talking about, I'm from the Welsh valleys myself and there's a lot of women there who fit his description.) Welsh women are NOT to be crossed or vexed. But I digress, I am glad that Mr Griffin was there to knock some heads together and restore peace to the wards.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sej1986 wrote: »
    Alex reminds me far too much of Thandie Newton, especially her role in ER where she played (what I thought anyway) an annoying surgeon.

I don't think Thandie Newton played a surgeon, she was Carter's wife who worked at helping sort out an AIDS clinic for people in Africa.
  • Options
    cloverclover Posts: 2,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sej1986 wrote: »
    I absolutely loved Michael (as usual) tonight. Gutted to hear he's shaved the beard; I was thinking how good he looked in last night's ep

:eek: NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! The beard can't go! I'm upset now.
  • Options
    rumpleteazerrumpleteazer Posts: 5,746
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed Tuesdays episode, apart from super Sahira saving the day... again. Rafi confronting Hanssen was brilliant. There's got to be more than Hanssen being madly in love with Sahira, I think at this point I'd be quite dissapointed if that turns out to be the storyline.

I loved Michael and Alex together. The way she said "but" and the look on her face when Michael was trying to back track/smooth it out was brilliant. I hope they bring her back again, she works really well with Michael.

I love Chantelle, despite the whole ditsy act I think she's so genuine and nice.

And Sasha was brilliant, even tho he wasn't center stage he was brilliant.
  • Options
    MorgsieMorgsie Posts: 16,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darwin needs Registrar level Doctor's.
    Greg and Sahira are leaving
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member

Loved Hanssen and Rafi's scene though, it gave us an intriguing new dimension to the whole Sahira affair - for once I actually can't wait to see where it will go next! And Sacha was cute tonight, all happy and cheeky teasing Michael Spence about Alex - loved that!

Also, I approve the new titles - the shots of Jac and Luc are more flattering than the previous ones, and I'm glad to see Tara in there. I know she's not been a hit with everyone on here but I've really liked her so far, she's been very tolerant of the disinterested if not downright hostile behaviour from Jac,Ollie, Malick (what happened to the "I want to mentor the students" thing? that didn't last long!) and even Frieda. And she and Luc would be hysterical operating together, with her fainting at the sight of blood and his claustrophobia - plenty of dramatic potential there.

Ah, that's how you spell her name, the welsh girl. i think she's a dreadful actress and is that accent real but, yeah ok, she's a girl from the valley, but it sounds put on to me. I also agree with you on the intense scene between Hanssen and Rafi, couldn't believe Raf didn't catch onto it a few weeks' ago in surgery. I thought Sahira looked stunning this week but still don't like her character. She's not annoying, just always in the bleddy programme, bar one or two episodes since her arrival. She annoyed me a few weeks back when she said why can't she have her career and the kids? Bloody hell, he's the same: if you want big careers as they have, shelve the kids for a few years because it's just plain selfish.
  • Options
    Urban BassmanUrban Bassman Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think Thandie Newton played a surgeon, she was Carter's wife who worked at helping sort out an AIDS clinic for people in Africa.

And nothing like Alex either. She was a very loving woman who couldn't come to terms with the loss of her's and Carter's child.

I'd ask if sej1986 was thinking of Neela but even that doesn't tie up.

I liked Alex when she came on board, but she showed all of Connie's stubborness and even more arrogance. I ended up disliking her at the end.

At least Connie always had the grace to admit it when she was wrong and even once in a while apologised.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And nothing like Alex either. She was a very loving woman who couldn't come to terms with the loss of her's and Carter's child.I'd ask if sej1986 was thinking of Neela but even that doesn't tie up.

I liked Alex when she came on board, but she showed all of Connie's stubborness and even more arrogance. I ended up disliking her at the end.

At least Connie always had the grace to admit it when she was wrong and even once in a while apologised.

Have to disagree with you there. I do see a certain similarity between them physically, I think its the high cheekbones. Also, I never took to Carter's wife, yes she suffered a tragedy, but she treated Carter like dirt. He deserved much, much better.

Anyway, I don't think Alex will be around for much longer, which in a way is a pity, cos I like the way she and Michael are in conflict with each other. I don't really get any romantic vibe between them other than Micheal fancying himself as a ladies man and how could she resist him! He is looking hot these days and I have to agree with those who don't want him to lose the beard, Its gorgeous on him!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to disagree with you there. I do see a certain similarity between them physically, I think its the high cheekbones. Also, I never took to Carter's wife, yes she suffered a tragedy, but she treated Carter like dirt. He deserved much, much better.

Anyway, I don't think Alex will be around for much longer, which in a way is a pity, cos I like the way she and Michael are in conflict with each other. I don't really get any romantic vibe between them other than Micheal fancying himself as a ladies man and how could she resist him! He is looking hot these days and I have to agree with those who don't want him to lose the beard, Its gorgeous on him!!

I really liked Kem's character in ER. Aw man i'm going to have to have an ER DVD marathon this weekend!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked Kem's character in ER. Aw man i'm going to have to have an ER DVD marathon this weekend!!

Couldn't remember her name! God, I loved ER and still miss it :( Enjoy your marathon :)
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Whatever part she played, she was a whining, wetwipe. I'm afraid she irritated the hell out of me, completely ruined ER for me, especially as she was married to the delicious Dr Carter!

I was glad to see the back of her with her silly little girl voice. I don't like Thandie in anything that I have seen.

I don't like Alex, I think she will tread on anyone to get her way and make herself the centre of everything. A bit like Jac when she first appeared, although I must say I really like her now. And my all time favourite, Connie Beecham, bring her back, please.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever part she played, she was a whining, wetwipe. I'm afraid she irritated the hell out of me, completely ruined ER for me, especially as she was married to the delicious Dr Carter!

I was glad to see the back of her with her silly little girl voice. I don't like Thandie in anything that I have seen.

I don't like Alex, I think she will tread on anyone to get her way and make herself the centre of everything. A bit like Jac when she first appeared, although I must say I really like her now. And my all time favourite, Connie Beecham, bring her back, please.

Ok, I think it's fair to say you don't like Thandie Newton. We'll have to agree to disagree.
This discussion has been closed.