Options

World Wrestling Entertainment Discussion XXI (Spoilers)

1164165166167168170»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NRG wrote: »
    lol

You're obviously new to WM if you believe this was a solid performance show. There hasn't been a solid WM since the 'attitude era'.

Or you an focus on the positives. I said it was better than the last couple haha, which I was definately disappointed with.
  • Options
    xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just began watching Wrestlemania on youtube. The crowd are absolutely dead for this triple threat tag match. :D Although it's an good match. The jumping powerbomb / suplex of the top rope from Epico or Primo was sick and Gabriel's moonsault.

ETA: I love AJ celebrating in the backstage interview zone with the WHC. Yes yes yes!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one thing I find sorely lacking in matches now is a form of wearing down your opponent psychology.....

For example, Rhodes knows that Big Show has a killer punch, so attack the hand/arm - work the arm, try and damage the big man...

The only person I saw do anything even remotely like this was Jericho as he hit moves on Punk that would injure his back (Suplex to the floor, 2 or 3 variation backbreakers) hence setting up for the Walls...

Its something REALLY missing in todays wrestling - most of the guys just seem to work through their relevant moveset regardless of opponent, and "wearing down" is a case of hitting sub-finishers and finishing moves. What it results in is a lot of identikit wrestlers, and also it makes varying the storytelling that bit difficult!
  • Options
    bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    casa_nova wrote: »
    won £60 on Kane earlier best odds of the night.

Where can you bet on wrestling then??
  • Options
    decemberboydecemberboy Posts: 3,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bazellis wrote: »
    Where can you bet on wrestling then??

Paddy Power were running a book on Wrestlemania. I think other betting sites were too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rock's victory made perfect sense at Mania from a business standpoint. If Cena loses how many of his fans are really going to stop watching? Whereas if Rock lost there would be a decent sized portion of the older crowd would give up on the product and switch over to TNA full time (heaven forbid), so to maintain the ratings and merchandise sales a Rock victory seems pretty obvious.

From a narrative/plot standpoint? I still prefer a Rock victory. Cena winning would just be business as usual, the current golden boy losing out has repercussion on his character and gives writers a rare chance to do something different with him. Fingers crossed they do so for our sakes...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Can i just say 10 hours after the event i am still furious about the wHC match!! I get that it may further storylines, and even help Bryan support wise but the same outcome could have been got by giving them a longer match!! The fact that they only did it to create a record for the shortest match in Wrestlemania history makes me even more mad!! why book it for the WHC match? and why put it on first which killed the crowd!! They could have had a Brodus squash match for that instead of him bloody dancing for 5 mins!!!

I was so happy for Bryan seeing the reaction he got from the crowd, the Yes sign etc and to only be out there that long really sickens me!! I paid for WM for three matches Bryans, Punks and Takers (with a passing interest in Cenas) so i was really annoyed by 10 past 12!! Heres hoping there is some pay off for him!

I thought Show would beat Rhodes, esp as id heard rumours that Cody had been working injured for a few weeks prior to this, and it had been rumoured that the title would be taken off him due to this, and to give Show one last mania moment;

shocked Kane beat orton!! i dont think many of us saw that one coming tbh!!

Now to Taker/HHH/HBK wow what a match was that! Punk and Jericho may have had the better pure wrestling match on the night but you couldnt beat this match for storytelling!!! I have goosebumps just thinking about it again!! HBK played his part brillliantly, and boy am i going to miss him on my TV now that mania has come and gone! Last night showed how much we are going to miss these three guys and it brought a lump to my throat to think that we will never see these guys in a wrestling ring together again; The show of respect and unity at the end will make this mania last in my memory for quite a long time

Im so so glad Punk won as well, i think this really shows that finally WWE are going to let Punk run as the man of the company, he looked really strong throughout (as did Jericho) and looked a worthy champion however cynically i still think the title gets taken off him in his own town at Extreme Rules!!! Added to this, i think the trust being shown in Punk allows us to dream that Cena may still turn heel after last nights loss; The look on his face, the lack of handshakes, the cockiness in the ring that cost him the match all created a slightly different persona for him!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems the WWE can't fufill the hype that they create for Wrestlemania anymore. Every year seems we all get pumped up for Wrestlemania, and the WWE put on a stellar match card yet somehow screw it up.

Triple H/Undertaker was brilliant, although I for the first 15 minutes all I kept thinking was undertaker looks like uncle fester with a beer belly! They really should have let the audience get used to that before the big day. The second half of the match was brilliant, and loved the entire story throughout. The streak is the only thing I am emotionally invested in anymore, I just do not care for anything else.

Jericho/Punk just didn't do it for me at all. I hate stupid DQ lose the belt rules, absolutely cripple some matches. Maybe I was too tired but I just wanted it over and done with. The WWE championship doesnt mean anything, why route for Punk? Hes already WWE Champ! I want a new guy fighting for it next year so I do get excited for his victory!

Rock/Cena had a great buzz about it but for a true dream match it came off pretty bad. WWE are in Miami and Rock still can't get a Hogan like reaction from the crowd. But I still enjoyed it and look forward to where the storyline goes from here.

It was a good show but what happened to Wrestlemania being a great show? Every year we have flashes of brilliance but never a definite great show. They done it from 21 to 24 yet post 2008 WWE seems to fall at the last hurdle. Thank god next year I will be there live.

Oh and genuinely annoyed Big Show won. I hate the act and think he wastes TV time, a guy like Rhodes is brilliant and deserves more than being speared in the balls to lose a belt. Kane and Big Show need to retire as they are some of the worst acts in all of the WWE.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Legacy o9 wrote: »
    Rock/Cena had a great buzz about it but for a true dream match it came off pretty bad. WWE are in Miami and Rock still can't get a Hogan like reaction from the crowd. But I still enjoyed it and look forward to where the storyline goes from here.

Baring in mind the arena is open top and therefore going to lose 99% of the crowd noise as a result, I thought he got a very good reception. If that arena had a roof, they'd have blown it off.

Oh and for someone who just accused the WWE of falling short for years and not liking the matches, your admittance of going live next year says otherwise. Very conflicted post really...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bad1609 wrote: »
    Baring in mind the arena is open top and therefore going to lose 99% of the crowd noise as a result, I thought he got a very good reception. If that arena had a roof, they'd have blown it off.

Oh and for someone who just accused the WWE of falling short for years and not liking the matches, your admittance of going live next year says otherwise. Very conflicted post really...

Doesnt matter if it has a roof or not those big stadiums the sounds travels up anyway. The did get a good reaction but you cant honestly say that Rock got a Hogan WMX8 type reaction.

And yes they do fall short, but when you are there live it is a great experience. I went to WM25 which was a pretty average show yet when you are there it is amazing. Even though the WWE dont deliver like they used to it doesnt stop me from wanting to go to the event live, if youve ever been at a WM then you'll know how good it is no matter what the quality of the show is like. But I guarantee that many watching on TV were majorly disappointed at 25, just like I was with subsequent shows. You cant say that WM25 onwards have been great shows can you? But would that stop you from going to see one live? No of course it wouldnt!
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,869
    Administrator
      Admin Notice: This thread is continued here: http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=57442079#post57442079
    This discussion has been closed.