Options

Howard Webb - another glaring mistake !

Comments

• Options
    ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    BomoLad wrote: »
    How can any self-respecting football fan be most interested in what a referee might do for the next 45 minutes?

Simply because he has ruined so many games in the past by his decisions / indecision .
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Any comments Zicoz on Webb having an absolute shocker where Blackburn could/should of had two men sent off amongst other stuff such as Valencia booked for a body to body challenge, Scholes making a lovely tackle and it getting a freekick?

No, no comments on that? Is that because you don't like Manchester United and just constantly try to wind up their fans and take shots at them?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    f_196 wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of this thread - but no mention of the lack of punishment for N'Zonzi - yet booked Valencia minutes later when it arguably wasn't a booking.

Perhaps a decision from Webb that goes against United goes against your agenda, so isn't worthy of a mention.

I actually thought he was indecisive when the Blackburn guy appeared to cuff Jones .. ...
  • Options
    mel1213mel1213 Posts: 8,642
    Forum Member
    ZicoZ wrote: »
    You never miss a chance to get a dig in , do you darlin :)

Aww we're going for condescension now are we, sweetie? :)

I am just being honest - your posts about the most recent RM game, for example - of which you saw only 30 seconds - and decided that the referee handed us the game
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mel1213 wrote: »
    Aww we're going for condescension now are we, sweetie? :)

I am just being honest - your posts about the most recent RM game, for example - of which you saw only 30 seconds - and decided that the referee handed us the game

Here we go again ..., distortion of the facts again but hey if it serves a purpose eh .

I watched turned over for 20 seconds to check the score and happen to see Ramos give away a certain penalty but the ref didn't "see" it and I mentioned it in the thread. You've just embellished the story a bit as per usual .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Here we go again ..., distortion of the facts again but hey if it serves a purpose eh .

I watched turned over for 20 seconds to check the score and happen to see Ramos give away a certain penalty but the ref didn't "see" it and I mentioned it in the thread. You've just embellished the story a bit as per usual .

You mean the facts where you basically say that despite not watching you're sure we got all the decisions?
    Didn't bother watching the Madrid match but I'm sure the "important " decisions went their way as usual....
    Maybe if the ref had SEEN the definate penalty when Ramos clearly threw their guy to the floor in the box , early on , the match would have gone a different way . Commentator yesterday , " surely if the ref sees that " ......

How many times have we heard that in Madrid games or " another hefty challenge by a Madrid player BUT the ref waves play on "...
    Presumably if I'd seen the whole match I'd have a lot more to say on the topic .
  • Options
    BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a strike by Young.

I mean...typical Webb. FIX!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a strike by Young.

Yep . It was a flamin great goal by Young , not convinced that Valencia intended to score though .
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep . It was a flamin great goal by Young , not convinced that Valencia intended to score though .

He intended to score trust me ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You mean the facts where you basically say that despite not watching you're sure we got all the decisions?

Thanks , you've more or less just proved my point .

Surely I can't be hung drawn and quartered for being presumptuous ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He intended to score trust me ;)

Even the experts said only Valencia would know if it was a cross or a shot or a bit of both .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks , you've more or less just proved my point .

Surely I can't be hung drawn and quartered for being presumptuous ?

Not for doing it once but doing it for every game, that's a different story
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What a strike by Young.

Yeah United won the game justly tonight and luckily they didn't need to play their Webby JOKER card :)
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,544
    Forum Member
    Even the experts said only Valencia would know if it was a cross or a shot or a bit of both .

He just said that he meant to score:D
  • Options
    Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    He just said that he meant to score:D

That's fair enough then ,he seems like a decent sort of guy.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else hoping that when Pep decides he's had enough of Barcelona, they take a radical change of direction and appoint Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Anyone else hoping that when Pep decides he's had enough of Barcelona, they take a radical change of direction and appoint Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce? ;)

Na , just you, I guess. :)
  • Options
    KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah United won the game justly tonight and luckily they didn't need to play their Webby JOKER card :)

We've not had to resort to the Barca "Uefa joker card" yet... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kierenj wrote: »
    We've not had to resort to the Barca "Uefa joker card" yet... ;)

Mmmmm a newbie and another Man U fan .... :)

Welcome to our strange little community .

Hope you are mature enough to hold and express your own thoughts and opinions and don't just end up disagreeing with EVERY single view I have , like so many in here do , sadly .

We need some lone wolves to freshen things up , we have plenty who find it easier to run with the pack .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hope you are mature enough to hold and express your own thoughts and opinions and don't just end up disagreeing with EVERY single view I have , like so many in here do , sadly .

We need some lone wolves to freshen things up , we have plenty who find it easier to run with the pack .

The thing is though, you don't do that either. You copy and paste other people's thoughts/opinions/views etc and then wonder why people don't take you seriously when you make blanket statements and refuse to actually respond to the things you've been asked.

Whenever I ask you to back up claim you've made, it's always conveniently something you've C&P'ed from someone else ... and then you deflect with personal comments. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you also need to be prepared to back it up
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Webby was watching Phil Dowd in today's match, he wouid have learnt something IMHO.

Come off it,Dowd is just as bad,he was fooled into giving Man City the penalty on Sunday.
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmmm a newbie and another Man U fan .... :)

Welcome to our strange little community .

I run with no pack. I disagree with every single view of yours because I find most of them to be ill thought out nonsense.
    You gnaw away at the same old bones relentlessly and never let it lie even when you are proven to be wrong.
    And your constant forays into the Arsenal Supporters thread to tell us how lucky we are to have Wenger are :yawn: :yawn: in the extreme.

I realise by posting this I am building you up even more into the forum 'character' you obviously yearn to be but IMO you are little more than a troll.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The thing is though, you don't do that either. You copy and paste other people's thoughts/opinions/views etc and then wonder why people don't take you seriously when you make blanket statements and refuse to actually respond to the things you've been asked.

Whenever I ask you to back up claim you've made, it's always conveniently something you've C&P'ed from someone else ... and then you deflect with personal comments. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you also need to be prepared to back it up

You see you're generalising , yet again , I've only recently started to copy and paste newsworthy items taken from Twitter and posted in the Barcelona Supporters thread . They have all been stats and facts concerning Barcelona people , apart from maybe one instance . Where's the harm in keeping Barca fans up to date with Barca injuries , scoring records etc etc ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »
    I run with no pack. I disagree with every single view of yours because I find most of them to be ill thought out nonsense.
    You gnaw away at the same old bones relentlessly and never let it lie even when you are proven to be wrong.
    And your constant forays into the Arsenal Supporters thread to tell us how lucky we are to have Wenger are :yawn: :yawn: in the extreme.

I realise by posting this I am building you up even more into the forum 'character' you obviously yearn to be but IMO you are little more than a troll.

You said it right there ... " I disagree with every single view of yours " . Do you really not see how ridiculous that makes you look ?

I disagree with a lot of what's said but not everything , if I see something interesting that I agree with , I say there and then that I agree with it . The ones that disagree or take opposing views just for the sake of it are wasting " everyone's " time , I believe .

As to "gnawing at the same bones " ..... I see that as remaining consistent , simple as that ..tbh.