Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    The Wanted aren't that big and if they do get #1 it'll only be for a week so not bothered by them either.

Well Capital will play the track to death. :yawn:
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Looks like there is going to be a lot of choreography ... Wonder what kind of video it's going to http://yfrog.com/h7jnzhlj

It's hard to tell without hearing the song, but something tells me it's going to be a club video.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Seriously stop this nonsense? everyone likes different artists.. I like Cheryl's music, some people like Rita Ora's music. Which i don't like seriously how would you feel if people on here start to diss and slam one of the artists you like?

It is NOT nonsense. The woman cannot sing or dance well or really do ANYTHING well at all. And in my book, being schooled by people auditioning to have your job is ridiculous. The woman deserves no praise at all. Are we content with Cheryl topping the charts over Alex? Rihanna over Jennifer Hudson, Katy Perry over Janelle Monae? NO. We should'nt be. Talent must come first, and with the money they earn bad performances are disgusting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    El último wrote: »
    It is NOT nonsense. The woman cannot sing or dance well or really do ANYTHING well at all. And in my book, being schooled by people auditioning to have your job is ridiculous. The woman deserves no praise at all. Are we content with Cheryl topping the charts over Alex? Rihanna over Jennifer Hudson, Katy Perry over Janelle Monae? NO. We should'nt be. Talent must come first, and with the money they earn bad performances are disgusting.

This is a great post.:)
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member

Okay then i'm out of here

Peace

Maybe forever but we'll see
  • Options
    Forum Member

Peace

Oke, tot ziens.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    This is a great post.:)

Why thank you. As we said, why are the talented struggling to survive? Did Thriller and Whitney Houston (album) teach us nothing? The World lives for pure talent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why thank you. As we said, why are the talented struggling to survive? Did Thriller and Whitney Houston (album) teach us nothing? The World lives for pure talent.

I completely agree with you, it's shame that talent isn't appreciated as much as it was back in those days. :sleep:
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member

Peace
    Oke, tot ziens.:D

Guys, people are gonna have different opinions on artists so I guess it's something you're going to have to deal with...

No point falling out over it, just move on :(
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Use are missing the point, this is Alex's thread Cheryl shouldn't be being discussed here in this manner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys, people are gonna have different opinions on artists so I guess it's something you're going to have to deal with...

I accept not everyone likes Cheryl and she isn't a that good of a singer etc, but my problem is people are talking about Cheryl negatively in Alex's forum, when we should only be discussing Alex.

And I find it very hypocritical of some who have huge issues seeing Alex spoke about negatively in other appreciation threads yet have no problem doing it in this thread about other singers.
  • Options
    Forum Member

We aren't :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Use are missing the point, this is Alex's thread Cheryl shouldn't be being discussed here in this manner.

I'm not, I enjoy her tunes, the issue is her vocals. WIth her money, vocal lessons are easy to pay for. I only have issue with that, not the quality of the music. It is Alex's thread of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not, I enjoy her tunes, the issue is her vocals. WIth her money, vocal lessons are easy to pay for. I only have issue with that, not the quality of the music. It is Alex's thread of course.

You have missed the point again, the point is this is Alexandra's appreciation thread and Cheryl shouldn't be the topic of conversation. I like Alex and Cheryl and enjoy reading and commenting here but I get put off when other artists are being spoke negatively about here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I accept not everyone likes Cheryl and she isn't a that good of a singer etc, but my problem is people are talking about Cheryl negatively in Alex's forum, when we should only be discussing Alex.

And I find it very hypocritical of some who have huge issues seeing Alex spoke about negatively in other appreciation threads yet have no problem doing it in this thread about other singers.

This is exactly why i get so mad

everytime someone says something bad about Alex you come in here and complain about how rude and annoying and blah blah it is!

but at the same time all of you are doing the exact same thing! And THAT ladies and gentlemen is in my eyes not acceptable. People in here like other artists besides Alex too

I for example like Alex, Cheryl, Little Mix, Caro Emerald, Jennifer Lopez, Nicki Minaj, Esmée Denters, Leona and many more.. but if people slag them off i'm not going to keep defending them endlessly as it's pointless.. and the last thing i'd do is go to their respective Appreciations threads and make nasty comments about them!
  • Options
    mememeemememee Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is exactly why i get so mad

everytime someone says something bad about Alex you come in here and complain about how rude and annoying and blah blah it is!

but at the same time all of you are doing the exact same thing! And THAT ladies and gentlemen is in my eyes not acceptable. People in here like other artists besides Alex too

I for example like Alex, Cheryl, Little Mix, Caro Emerald, Jennifer Lopez, Nicki Minaj, Esmée Denters, Leona and many more.. but if people slag them off i'm not going to keep defending them endlessly as it's pointless.. and the last thing i'd do is go to their respective Appreciations threads and make nasty comments about them!

Agreed. This is an ABAT which means it is a thread to appreciate Alexandra. Not diss other artists.

Without Cheryl, Alexandra wouldn't be where she is today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mememee wrote: »
    Agreed. This is an ABAT which means it is a thread to appreciate Alexandra. Not diss other artists.

Without Cheryl, Alexandra wouldn't be where she is today.

Lool I would NOT thank Cheryl for Alex's success despite her being a mentor.

Cheryl is told what to do and is giving songs which would suite Alex (behind the scenes) ... As Cher and Alex have both kindly pointed out before, Cheryl is your 'best friend' ON CAMERA but OFF CAMERA she doesn't want to know.

Alex has worked hard for her success, Cheryl isn't the reason for her career despite being her mentor.

Silly thing to say IMO and that's coming from a Cheryl fan.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lool I would NOT thank Cheryl for Alex's success despite her being a mentor.

Cheryl is told what to do and is giving songs which would suite Alex (behind the scenes) ... As Cher and Alex have both kindly pointed out before, Cheryl is your 'best friend' ON CAMERA but OFF CAMERA she doesn't want to know.

Alex has worked hard for her success, Cheryl isn't the reason for her career despite being her mentor.

Silly thing to say IMO and that's coming from a Cheryl fan.

Well actually Alexandra tweeted this a few weeks ago, so who knows what really is going on with her and Cheryl and if she really is ignoring her messages.
    I've never said Cheryl has ignored my text msgs. Cheryl and I are cool... xI

I personally think they were friends who have drifted apart as they no longer see each other regularly.

As for the show I don't know what happens behind the scenes and how contestants are picked, but even now Alex is still grateful to Cheryl, so Alex must feel Cheryl was helpful when she was on the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Alex doesn't like to bad mouth people, that doesn't mean she doesn't think it though :)
    Alex is grateful to the X FACTOR, not Cheryl in particular.

The only reason the entire Cheryl scenario got dragged up lately was because of the Cher 'beef' between her and Cheryl so the media are tryna create a situation between Alex and Cheryl. I think Alex was shocked when Cheryl tweeted her about Elephant though.
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    You couldn't possibly expect Cheryl to become emotionally involved with every act that she mentored on the X-factor. At the end of the day it was a job that she was paid to do. She mentored Alex to the win, and her song choices for her were great and allowed Alex to shine - many other acts have suffered because of really bad song choices by their mentor. If they didn't stay in contact after the show it's no big deal. I would take the story in the Star last week with a pinch of salt. I don't think they are friends but I doubt there is any bad blood between them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This is the exact reason people are being put off Alex

Y'all (most of you) are badmouthing other acts, like Cheryl and someone who makes a daily appearence here Pixie. Don't you think those people have fans too? Those fans are definately hating back at Alex for this and it won't do her career any, i repeat ANY good.

In every single thread where Alex is criticised, people randomly pop up just to defens her and defend her and defend her over and over again. And what's the point of it? Nothing as you won't convince the haters, but you will put off the Neutrals and in my case the fans too.
    There's seriously no need to keep defending her. Just ingore those comment like y'all do with mine and moove ooon

Last Post for a while here ..

Peace to y'all and have a good life
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You'll be back Tim lol
    You need to shut off when other people comment on other artists, we all think differently :)
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Looks like there is going to be a lot of choreography ... Wonder what kind of video it's going to http://yfrog.com/h7jnzhlj

I get the feeling it won't have a big budget. Oh well, as long as the song delivers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GUYS, i've got some news for y'all

I've been picked as an extra for the video OMG!!!!!
    Hopefully I can arrange transport to get there DJFGJSJDFDJSJDFE
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GUYS, i've got some news for y'all

I've been picked as an extra for the video OMG!!!!!
    Hopefully I can arrange transport to get there DJFGJSJDFDJSJDFE

Congratulations! :D

Remember to report back to us Lmao. ;)
This discussion has been closed.