Options

Noel Edmonds: too much nip n tuck and 'Just for Men'?

Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
Forum Member
I've just seen a trailer for 'Noel's Christmas Presents' on Pick TV. For the first time in ages the other day, I saw the end of 'Deal or no deal'.

Noel has now turned ginger and, to me, looks like he's had quite a bit of surgery. In the 'Christmas Presents' trailer, he has a full beard rather than his usual goatee and this is a rather unnatural-looking chestnut brown.

Does anyone think Noel's is a good look? I'm not too sure. Sometimes he looks OK and other times his face looks too stretched (almost embalmed) and his hair unnatural. In the older trailers for DOND on Challenge, he looks greyer and much more natural.

Just goes to show it's not only mature women who feel the pressure into looking younger as they age. It's a shame, I think.

Comments

• Options
    SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was watching Really old episodes of DOND on Challenge the other day and boy- he looks different!
  • Options
    BlizzardUKBlizzardUK Posts: 4,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, what has changed, just saw the ad and thought the same, can't quite work it out. Is it just the beard colour ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Has his chin disappeared?
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    He looks OK to me - he is coming up to 63.
  • Options
    horwichallstarshorwichallstars Posts: 16,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the advert and thought "what's happened to him" ... looks very different
  • Options
    the_phoothe_phoo Posts: 2,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More alarming than that are the tightness of his jeans - hellooooo grandad!!

:eek:
  • Options
    Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the "guyliner" I'm having a problem with. Saw 2 minutes of DOND the other day and he looked like a raccoon!
  • Options
    BeachhhhhhhBeachhhhhhh Posts: 475
    Forum Member
    He must be REALLY vain.
  • Options
    SmiirkySmiirky Posts: 1,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the "guyliner" I'm having a problem with. Saw 2 minutes of DOND the other day and he looked like a raccoon!

Rofl, I thought I was going mad!
  • Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    Too much cheese and smarminess more like.
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His entire image is very weird for a bloke in his 60s : blow dried hair, tons of make up, guyliner, flowery shirts, blue jeans etc.
  • Options
    mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the_phoo wrote: »
    More alarming than that are the tightness of his jeans - hellooooo grandad!!

:eek:

And................ at the end of those jeans comes the longest extended points i have seen on a pair of shoes since the sixties!....... :D
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having read Terry Wigon's description, I had to get a look at this Edmonds chap, the embalmed face, the unnatural looking beard, the ginger dye, etc... After looking through several pages of pictures of Edmonds I came to the conclusion that his eyes are shrinking
  • Options
    bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like he's stuck his face in a bucket of orange paint and drawn a beard on with black marker...whats wrong with that?!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Ah, the answer is clear now. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/5894529/Noel-Edmonds-marries-make-up-artist-soulmate.html

Obviously his new-ish make-up artist wife is practising on him like she did on her old 'Girls World' head! :D That would definitely explain Edmonds' sudden liking for the weird hair and panda/raccoon eyes look.

Shame as he looks pretty natural in that wedding pic but I do get the feeling from him he is a very vain man.
  • Options
    Dennis CDennis C Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fellow SWAPSHOP presenter John Craven (also the 'Newsround' man) was always the better looking of the two in my opinion. John has aged gracefully and not tried to hide it (check him out on 'Countryfile' most Sundays) but Noel Edmonds is still trying to pretend he's 29...! :D
  • Options
    2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watching Deal Or No Deal.

Not too obvious that he's died his beard is it? :eek: It looks bloody stupid.
  • Options
    ugglauggla Posts: 1,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surgery or no Surgery :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I saw a trailer earlier in the week for a celebrity edition of DOND and he looked like he'd been to a mortician. His beard is now the colour of Basil Brush! He really needs someone to tell him to lay off the make up/ hair colour. He looks ridiculously unnatural and much better before.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw a trailer earlier in the week for a celebrity edition of DOND and he looked like he'd been to a mortician. His beard is now the colour of Basil Brush! He really needs someone to tell him to lay off the make up/ hair colour. He looks ridiculously unnatural and much better before.

He's starting to resemble a ventriloquist's dummy
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    He's on tv so has to look his best.

If he was a 63 year old woman he wouldn't get tv work at all.

He should think himself lucky - and I'm sure he does as before DOND he'd moved to France and pretty much given up tv work.
  • Options
    HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the show but Noel is looking increasingly odd. I wonder whether he'd look better without the beard altogether because it is so obviously dyed and dyed the wrong colour.

I also am not liking his "distressed" jeans much. He's a little too long in the tooth for them.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What has he been up to?!

He looked perfectly normal this time last year. He has been doing some very strange things to that facial foliage.
  • Options
    2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't he marry a younger woman? I guess that's the answer.
  • Options
    ButterfaceButterface Posts: 2,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's mutton dressed as lamb. With dead eyes.