Options

Brendan Brady (Emmett J. Scanlan) Fan Thread! (Part 96)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you know, when Doug went to fix that wire, I thought he was going to get electrocuted and Ste would give him mouth to mouth or something and that would be the encounter. :o
  • Options
    Ready Steady GoReady Steady Go Posts: 39,592
    Forum Member
    tezzabobs wrote: »
    I suppose you could say that with Doug and Bex, but then Ste loved Amy. Like really, really loved her, and look at him now.

I'm not saying they should be able to turn a character whenever they want but Doug loving a woman doesn't really mean anything, cos Ste did. :o

I just about believed it with Ste, although I thought he should have been bi.

But twice is a bit silly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurggh, stuggery is actually happening. Think I've brought up a bit of sick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,944
    Forum Member
    mojo5000 wrote: »

Oooo, I have real ones too. I might have to eat one.

You know, I'm at a loss here, but oddly I would mirror some of the comments made. In terms of who could possibly go up against Brendan - then Doug kind of fits the bill. He has been impossibly sweet, clearly wants him and Ste to succeed and is just all round lovely at the moment. We said that Ste might need to be given something that would make the choice of being with Brendan a choice. This might be it. Also, there is an assumption here that Ste will reciprocate, we're going to have to wait and see you know :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member
    x-Maya-x wrote: »
    Do you know, when Doug went to fix that wire, I thought he was going to get electrocuted and Ste would give him mouth to mouth or something and that would be the encounter. :o

I thought Ste was gonna go help him, and then he'd lean in for a kiss. :p
    I just about believed it with Ste, although I thought he should have been bi.

But twice is a bit silly.

Oh I agree, but I'm just saying, they've done it before so they have form. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    Like someone else said, I'd rather it was Ally. I really really would. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,390
    Forum Member
    eff_x wrote: »
    Yes, maybe he will, but if Hollyoaks are dead set on having a Stug.VS.Stendan thing, then that won't be the end of Stug - it will be an angsty set-back and then they'll come back stronger than ever, and Brendan will be perturbed and then threatened and then have to change his game-plan.

OR they'll hold out the 'business' revelation for ages and use that as the endgame.

I dunno, I can just see why HO saw the benefits of Stug.V.Stendan and I think if that's what they're gonna do, then there's a very good and dramatic way to play it.

Ill be honest though if they have Ste really happy with Doug then as a viewer even I will say leave it be and will want Brendan to just move on and leave them in peace.

The problem they have here is Ste doesnt want anything to do with Brendan, wont after that but if he finds out Doug has betrayed him and forgives that then as a viewer i will just think he actually doesnt love Brendan anymore and thinks more of Doug now and I will not want Brendan chasing a lost cause.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who else is wishing Ste had made a daft drunk pass!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    x-Maya-x wrote: »

I thought that too! :eek:
  • Options
    Radio.GagaRadio.Gaga Posts: 14,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still think there really must have been a reason for Doug still having Bex's number on his phone :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    eff_x wrote: »

I'm sorry, I feel like I'm going on and on and I know I'm not going to change your minds; it just worries me that some of you are upset by this!

Thanks for being positive, eff :)

I'll see what happens, but it just seems crazy to me at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hiyyeeeerrr lovies, Just got back home, I iz exhausted and haven't done any reading back but I'm getting bad vibrations off the thread so I'm almost scared to ask this, but what happened?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You know, I'm at a loss here, but oddly I would mirror some of the comments made. In terms of who could possibly go up against Brendan - then Doug kind of fits the bill. He has been impossibly sweet, clearly wants him and Ste to succeed and is just all round lovely at the moment. We said that Ste might need to be given something that would make the choice of being with Brendan a choice. This might be it. Also, there is an assumption here that Ste will reciprocate, we're going to have to wait and see you know :o

It's true - he's definitely competition.

I think that's one of my problems - Doug's so amazing that why would Ste want Brendan, really?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    duckmoo wrote: »
    Hiyyeeeerrr lovies, Just got back home, I iz exhausted and haven't done any reading back but I'm getting bad vibrations off the thread so I'm almost scared to ask this, but what happened?

Doug fancies Ste. He realised this when they had a hug. No feelings were shown from Ste's side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ste and Doug had a hug, Doug looked like he enjoyed it a bit too much and rushed off. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45,402
    Forum Member

Doug and Ste hugged, and Doug's side of it was affectionate (As in, he had proper feelings for Ste, not just matey feelings.) and Ste's side was just matey and friendly.

Then the aftercredits scene, Doug was sat somewhere, and looked all confused and lost.

ETA: Brendan's the love of Ste's life, Ready.

Doug wouldn't even come close to that, no matter how much Ste loved him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stendan is over guys.

They've just been pissing with us with all the Bren loves Ste stuff this week. I'm fed up with them throwing us a bone and then throwing it out in the trash!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,753
    Forum Member
    I need a break from all of this, me :D
    I don't know what to think. I had a lot of hope for stendan, Especially after the recent interview with emmett. But now doug and his adorably confused face ruined it for me tonight. Why couldn't he go for Riley? :(
  • Options
    Forum Member

I think that's one of my problems - Doug's so amazing that why would Ste want Brendan, really?

Ah now, the heart wants what the heart wants. Just because all things scream he is the better option, does not mean he's the only option. You know it could be very interesting, Stephen might have to do a bit of reflecting :cool:
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching a soap should not be this stressful :( real life is hard enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and my other half in a his wisdom as an American says the yanks love a bit of experimentation!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tezzabobs wrote: »

ETA: Brendan's the love of Ste's life, Ready.

Doug wouldn't even come close to that, no matter how much Ste loved him.
    Ah now, the heart wants what the heart wants. Just because all things scream he is the better option, does not mean he's the only option. You know it could be very interesting, Stephen might have to do a bit of reflecting :cool:

I do worry, though. They'd have to show Brendan changing a lot for Ste to ever love him as much as he used to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What?!...like, WHAT?! :eek:

Fcuk a duck. :eek:
  • Options
    eff_xeff_x Posts: 3,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because he LOVES Brendan.

And that's what we all wanted. Someone so lovely and perfect for Ste, that when Ste made his decision to go to Brendan instead it was a decision made by pure unconditional love.

I just guess none of us expected for the bloke to be perfect AND for us to have emotional-attachment to him... the way we do Doug. That raises the stakes even more, and makes it even harder for us as viewers to morally continue to support Brendan, I guess. But at the end of the day, I expect they'll show that Brendan can change (this seems to be what Emma keeps saying) and he is the love of Ste's life, despite not being the 'perfect' option.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What?!...like, WHAT?! :eek:

Fcuk a duck. :eek:

Total mindf*ck, right? :o
This discussion has been closed.