Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 253)

Comments

• Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hugygirl wrote: »
    i found the story on YT.last year in october watch the story in three days into now.the best forbidden love story.

Ohh I see! :D Wow three days..dedication!
    It's the best love story full stop :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i started lurking about three months ago.i didn't know for sure if i was able to join because i'm from the states.i just took my chance now here i am.:D

I'm glad you took a chance, it's awesome here. :D

Hopefully we'll get some Chryed scenes really soon. *fingers crossed*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    definitely no-one here, so Night Night xx
  • Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GotchaToo wrote: »
    definitely no-one here, so Night Night xx

Never say definitely :cool::p But night if you're away! x

Soap Scoop about Roxy/Alfie. Just posting cuz there's a Christian mention, really :sleep: And I just realised that Masood is in Friday's ep, being a maths tutor for Tiffany. Doesn't Syed have an A-Level in Maths? :sleep::sleep::sleep:
  • Options
    towerstowers Posts: 12,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenn123 wrote: »
    Hiya, I'm the same! I hope we see them soon :)

I read it this way too - and it fits with Christian's "honesty is best" policy. Encouraging Roxy to start an affair is not only out of character for Christian, but also presumes that Alfie feels the same way...so it doesn't really make any sense. And I will be saying as much in any threads that try to suggest this. :sleep:

Morning.. :)

I agree with this, I hope Christian is just encouraging Roxy to be honest with Alfie, rather than encouraging her to have an affair. Christian is unlikely to know whether Alfie feels the same way as Roxy and probably believes that he doesn't.

As far as Christian is concerned, Syed and Amira's marriage was a very different thing, since he was trying to save a gay man from an unhappy straight marriage and 'trying' to save Amira from an unhappy marriage in the process.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch the threads. I find other people's opinions fascinating. That er ... catsmeow, is it?, possibly a troll, possibly a legitimate Muslim opinion on this subject. And watching half the posters on the thread descend upon the main forum is really entertaining, and I don't mean that in a negative manner.

Plus I like seeing people who's grammar is worse than mine. So. Win-win really.

Catsmeow - as much as she annoys me sometimes - IS a Muslim and therefore she's entitled to her views, even if we don't always agree with them. Labeling her 'a troll' is perhaps a little unfair, since she's going to be more 'protective' of how Islam is represented on EE than 99% of viewers who are Christian or Atheist and couldn't care less how Islam is portrayed or how Muslim characters like Syed behave.

She does attack Christian more than Syed though and that's her main downfall, since Christian isn't a Muslim and therefore shouldn't be judged as one. Not everyone likes Christian and they're entitled to criticise him but whereas there were times last year when even I wanted to push him into the Thames, there were times in 2009 when I wanted to push Syed into the Thames, so it balances out. :) That's the main difference between a chryed fan like me and a general Christian basher.
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    Morning :)

Cast list for next Tuesday, Christian is second in the list - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01ghvvj
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Cast list for next Tuesday, Christian is second in the list - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01ghvvj

Wow, I'm surprised about that... :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,523
    Forum Member

Thanks :) will be nice to see him, even if it's only a little :)
    "hello all"

Welcome! :D

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Welcome to the thread Hugygirl :D

Yay, something to look forward too.

I can't imagine for one minute Christian encouraging Roxy to act on her feelings for Alfie. Although the situation was hugely different with Amira, he has experienced the fall out first hand and knows how damaging it can be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning

I banged my Canterbury knee :cry:

He isn't mentioned at all in the IS article about Roxy and Alfie, though Derek is.......a lot.
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    He isn't mentioned at all in the IS article about Roxy and Alfie, though Derek is.......a lot.

Oh joy :sleep:

sorry to hear about your Canterbury knee :(:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,523
    Forum Member
    Morning

Sorry about your knee :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh joy :sleep:

sorry to hear about your Canterbury knee :(:(

Sorry about your knee :(

Thanks!

BIB I thought something similar, well with ruder words :sleep:
  • Options
    BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all
    How are we all?
    :)
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    towers wrote: »
    Catsmeow - as much as she annoys me sometimes - IS a Muslim and therefore she's entitled to her views, even if we don't always agree with them. Labeling her 'a troll' is perhaps a little unfair, since she's going to be more 'protective' of how Islam is represented on EE than 99% of viewers who are Christian or Atheist and couldn't care less how Islam is portrayed or how Muslim characters like Syed behave.

She does attack Christian more than Syed though and that's her main downfall, since Christian isn't a Muslim and therefore shouldn't be judged as one. Not everyone likes Christian and they're entitled to criticise him but whereas there were times last year when even I wanted to push him into the Thames, there were times in 2009 when I wanted to push Syed into the Thames, so it balances out. :) That's the main difference between a chryed fan like me and a general Christian basher.

Mmmmm, I agree with some of what you say. I don't think it's because Christian isn't a muslim though - because 95% of thed cast are non-Muslims and they don't get the bashing that Christian does (from Muslim posters). It's because... Christian is the one who "forced Syed to be gay".... and everything he now does - even if it's not related to Syed or is sexuality, is capital offence. :sleep:They (as in a very small minority) judge Christian on what he's done, not who he is.

I do agree though, that if one holds strong islamic views, then there is bound to be a degree of hostility as far as the storyline/characters go. That's understandable - to an extent. What isn't however is the tirades against the actor who plays Christian. That's unjustified on every level.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh morning everyone. :D

It's great to see Christian so far up the cast list. :D I look forward to seeing Christian in scenes with Roxy, because it's clear it will be of more softer nature. Though I do worry about the wording. I hope we don't get Christian encouraging Roxy to go for it with Alfie. Even if he's just telling her to admit her feelings to him, I feel it's still somewhat wrong - because it's practically pointless. Nothing can come from it. If he was single, it's a different story but he's a married man.

The situation between himself and Syed was entirely different, - and effectively it was Syed admitting how he felt for Christian by laying one on him. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mmmmm, I agree with some of what you say. I don't think it's because Christian isn't a muslim though - because 95% of thed cast are non-Muslims and they don't get the bashing that Christian does (from Muslim posters). It's because... Christian is the one who "forced Syed to be gay".... and everything he now does - even if it's not related to Syed or is sexuality, is capital offence. :sleep:They (as in a very small minority) judge Christian on what he's done, not who he is.

I do agree though, that if one holds strong islamic views, then there is bound to be a degree of hostility as far as the storyline/characters go. That's understandable - to an extent. What isn't however is the tirades against the actor who plays Christian. That's unjustified on every level.

Absolutely :) and catsmeow does take her Christian-bashing to a new level - she doesn't like him, goes out of her way to attack him and that's that.

But some of her views do come from being a more 'traditional' Muslim, she does moan about Syed not behaving like a traditional Muslim and on occassion does moan about Zainab and Amira not behaving like traditional muslims - not covering their heads when they go out in public and Amira being alone with Syed before they were married - a big 'no no' for some Muslims. I can't stand homophobia etc but at the same time, I try not to criticise someone with strong religious views too heavily because it's not my place.

I guess I just worry about coming across as 'religion bashing' because her views differ from my views.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »

It's great to see Christian so far up the cast list. :D I look forward to seeing Christian in scenes with Roxy, because it's clear it will be of more softer nature. Though I do worry about the wording. I hope we don't get Christian encouraging Roxy to go for it with Alfie. Even if he's just telling her to admit her feelings to him, I feel it's still somewhat wrong - because it's practically pointless. Nothing can come from it. If he was single, it's a different story but he's a married man.

The situation between himself and Syed was entirely different, - and effectively it was Syed admitting how he felt for Christian by laying one on him. :p

Totally..:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But some of her views do come from being a more 'traditional' Muslim, she does moan about Syed not behaving like a traditional Muslim and on occassion does moan about Zainab and Amira not behaving like traditional muslims - not covering their heads when they go out in public and Amira being alone with Syed before they were married - a big 'no no' for some Muslims. I can't stand homophobia etc but at the same time, I try not to criticise someone with strong religious views too heavily because it's not my place.
    I guess essentially, this is where the argument lies.

I have very strong views against homophobia but at the same time, I do respect everyones belief system. It's a double edged sword. Like I say, I can understand some of it... like how I understood some of Zainab's reluctance to accept Christian and Syed's relationship because of her belief system. However alot of it is down to ignorance ... or to be more polite, being less worldly. I say the same for Zainab Masood too.

And what I can't stand - and I'm not talking about anyone particualar here - is twisting facts, deliberately misinterpreting events/actions, taking scenes out of context - just to make the pieces fit in your head. I mean fair enough if you don't like a particular character, for what ever reason. Like you say, we're all entitled to our opinions... but if you're going to criticise someone at least get your facts right. However this isn't just restricted to Christian or Chryed. It happens to many characters. I've been reading several Alfie/Roxy threads latley, which have been doing the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the new EP is announced soon, since it's already going to take several months for their work to appear on screen. I wonder if BK stayed long enough after being 'axed' to see Ben's storyline through to the end?

Spoilers for the start of May are not too far away and it'll be interesting to see whether chryed are finally putting in an appearance for these May spoilers. If not, a new producer is most likely going to be a good thing for chryed. I am enjoying Ben's storyline though, its sods law that just as BK has been axed, his storylines have gotten better - if not his treatment of chryed.
  • Options
    who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wasn't she the one who wanted Syed sent back to Pakistan and castrated though..she is offensive and extreme sometimes unlike many other muslim posters who have often been helpful in debates.

Morning

Ouch! Your poor knee.
    So not worth standing there looking silly flicking through the magazines then?.
    KatrinaK wrote: »

Massive over simplification of course of what happened there in that one scene :p and leaving out the, it was a mistake it should never have happened, please can we forget it part completely. Obviously that would have been a longer sentence and a repeat of stuff we know, but isn't that a case of choosing the facts to suit ourselves too?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all! :D

Glad to see Christian in the spoilers, I've decided to not really worry about what christian says and does until I've seen it although I see that Chryedville are concern of the christian bashing thread that will inevitable come from it :(.
    Jack Nasty wrote: »
    If they're not back by the 8th of May (which will be two months since their last appearance together) I'm sending the missing poster to Elstree:sleep:

I'll hold you to that :)
    "hello all"

Hello hugygirl and welcome to the thread! :D:D. I read your from the states *International Chryedian* :cool: There's quite a few now and its impressive that you watched the story in three days! You'll love it here especially on a night when chryed are actually on screen which fingers cross will be soon but be warned that on those days the thread moves incredibly fastt :D:p. I'm always playing catch-up.
  • Options
    KBambiKBambi Posts: 3,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Thank you :)
    Looks like he and Roxy get the duff duff then!
  • Options
    who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KBambi wrote: »
    Morning!

Thank you :)
    Looks like he and Roxy get the duff duff then!

Yes it sounds like it will end on Christian letting her know he knows...more than anything else. I wonder if they will start the next one then..but presumably it's moved on by then?

ETA TOTP
This discussion has been closed.