Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 253)

Comments

• Options
    who me?who me? Posts: 17,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back when Chryed were actually in it frequently and I enjoyed rewatching, I used to adore watching the omnibus. Also, it's nice if you've missed a week or something, to catch up on Sunday before the new week starts, so it's all fresh in your mind on the Monday. I'm not that bothered, now, because I don't watch EE much, but if it picks up my interest again, I'll miss the Sunday omnibus.

I'll miss it because if you're away for the week and your recording falis you can catch the Sunday one.:(
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening :)

I assumed the omnibus was on on a Sunday for people to catch up who are busy in the week...surely people who are busy in the week aren't going to feel like watching 2 hours of EE late Friday evening :confused: Sure they could tape it...but then they could just tape all the eps which renders the omnibus kind of pointless!
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who me? wrote: »
    I'll miss it because if you're away for the week and your recording falis you can catch the Sunday one.:(

You can always watch the eps or the omnibus on iPlayer, but I don't think the first viewing's the same if you don't catch it on TV, so, yeah, it kind of sucks.
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There you go over simplifying it again. Calling that scene Syed coming on to Christian leaves a ton of stuff out and wasn't what happened, it implies intent that wasn't there. The intent was to apologise and leave without giving himself away.

My time to bow out!

He had intent - he was fighting his desire, but he WANTED to kiss Christian and so he did.

I don't understand why that is oversimplifying, I think you may be overcomplicating.

You seem to be saying that Syed didn't really mean it - had no intent and when it came to the kiss it was BOTH of them.

And I'm saying Syed fancied Christian, he tried to fight it but he couldn't and when Christian turned him and looked at him, Syed crumbled and then kissed Christian who reciprocated, but waited until Syed had made the move.

It seems very clear to me, and is what I saw on the screen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saying it appeared mutual isn't saying Christian initiated it though. Syed and Christian were a meant to be couple and neither at that point could help it by then I don't think.I think conscious thought had gone out of the window by then...it was an irrisistable mutual attraction. Nothing was going to keep their lips apart.:)

ETA Totp

the problem with this is that Syed FANCIED Christian and wanted him, but Christian had NO IDEA that Syed was even gay.

So how could it, in effect, be 'neither of them could help it'?

Christian figured it out pretty quickly and wasn't averse at all, but he had NO intent, and Syed introduced the possibility by his demeanor and action.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, been sucked into reading old threads. Essays will have to wait 'til tomorrow now :sleep:

I think finding this post is worth it, though. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I assumed the omnibus was on on a Sunday for people to catch up who are busy in the week...surely people who are busy in the week aren't going to feel like watching 2 hours of EE late Friday evening :confused: Sure they could tape it...but then they could just tape all the eps which renders the omnibus kind of pointless!

I totally agree - I use it now and again to catch the odd ep I've missed, I think people do that. Besides it's a relaxed sort of time to do it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,599
    Forum Member

Hello and welcome to the thread Hugygirl :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ugh, been sucked into reading old threads. Essays will have to wait 'til tomorrow now :sleep:

That one is GREAT - I was reading an old thread today and we were all at it.

Chryed weren't at the time though, some horrible black hole, before reunion I think.

At least we know Chryed are hard at it now though.
  • Options
    ChickletteChicklette Posts: 5,500
    Forum Member

Hahahahahaha :sleep: :D

I love uncovering hidden gems in old threads :sleep:
  • Options
    AlexinBrumAlexinBrum Posts: 989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ha ha ha ha ha! I remember that! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks so much for finding that :sleep:

:o:o:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for finding that :sleep:

:o:o:o

Go Elph - that was up with the best and smuttiest - :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hah! Awesome elphie :sleep:
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. These poems have made me laugh out loud. :D

The good old days. :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KatrinaK wrote: »
    LOL. These poems have made me laugh out loud. :D

The good old days. :sleep:

This summing up of the reveal made me laugh so hard it was embarrassing.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL! :D

Good old Pear. :p

I miss her. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brilliantly funny, dear me, got tears in me eyes.:D:D:D
  • Options
    DessieDessie Posts: 5,731
    Forum Member
    For what it's worth, I'm GUTTED about the EE omnibus no longer being on Sunday afternoons. :( That's my childhood, right there, watching EE on a Sunday afternoon while my mum did the ironing - and not just my childhood! When there's been a Chryed/Masood-heavy week (so once in a blue moon these days then), we still bundle my dad out the room so we can watch the omnibus together. :(

And I still rely on it for catching up if I'm out on a Friday night, my internet's too slow for iPlayer to work happily. Gah, how annoying!

Well, I picked the right time to wander back in again. :D Love all these!

I miss Pear. :(

More than that, I miss the thread having something - anything! - new to talk about. My god, we need some spoilers and fast...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliantly funny, dear me, got tears in me eyes.:D:D:D

If "raaaaaaaar aihasddsak dsaijadjs dsauds aaaa nee-naw nee-naw ejhdfhd efskjmdsjk awful man djddds ekjdsssdcds LIES!!" doesn't sum up the reveal perfectly, I don't know what does, frankly :D

I'm currently reading the post-CCC thread and it's making me fall in love with that scene all over again.
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member

Been lurking today, didn't want to join in with the debate cos my contribution would basically amount to this: "Syed instigated the first kiss and Christian reciprocated, end of" :p

I see that Neighbours aired its first male/male gay kiss in 27 years (:eek:) last night! It's actually kind of hot, I like how there's no real build-up to it, it just happens :) Chris and Aiden are cute together :)

Chryed should move to Australia and star on Neighbours, they'd get more screentime then :sleep:

ETA of course if it was Chryed doing that kiss, it would be even waaaaaay sexier with lots of tongue and groping involved :sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If "raaaaaaaar aihasddsak dsaijadjs dsauds aaaa nee-naw nee-naw ejhdfhd efskjmdsjk awful man djddds ekjdsssdcds LIES!!" doesn't sum up the reveal perfectly, I don't know what does, frankly :D

I'm currently reading the post-CCC thread and it's making me fall in love with that scene all over again.

'your acting is medieval' just cracks me up - I'm laughing as I'm typing this:D

Aww - I need to read a happy thread - I might join you - what number is that one then?
  • Options
    asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    I come on and its like the old days ..,. yay :D

Love the debates.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'your acting is medieval' just cracks me up - I'm laughing as I'm typing this:D

Aww - I need to read a happy thread - I might join you - what number is that one then?

I'm here. You might need to go back a few pages to get to the true squeeing, though it's still pretty happy at 1am. It's thread #56.

It's proper cheering me up.
This discussion has been closed.