Options

What does everyone think of the acting in Corrie ?

djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,590
Forum Member
✭✭
How good do you think the actors are in Corrie ? I think its going to be a big week for the cast this week with Terry's return and Betty's death and I think they'll live up to the potential . Frank's murder was acted well , even though it was obvious that Anne did it , Allison King and Sally Dynevor did very well .

The same thread will be produced about Eastenders and Emmerdale

Comments

• Options
    dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly? On the whole it's pretty damn shocking, which is why I refuse to watch it on a regular basis. Might flick it on if there is nothing else on but otherwise, it's the acting that puts me off.

Alison King however, is fantastic as is Jane Danson.

But I just remember the tram crash, that really sticks in my mind clearly. Some appalling performances that week. Particularly from the women.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah there are some very bad actors in Corrie, not just the usual suspects of Kate Ford, Anthony Cotton and Jimmi Harkinson but the likes of William Roache and Anne Kirkbride can be terrible though thankfully the writing for them is very good so they get away with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    For me, Alison King, Jane Danson and Chris Gascoyne (Particularly playing drunk Peter) are incredible. Really, really strong. And when she is given a chance, Kym Marsh is brilliant too. Though Ali King is easily the best actress in soap at the moment. I'm not meaning Carla, is the best character.. I'm meaning Ali is the actress.

Little Alex (Simon) Is fantastic as well. And the woman that plays Lesley is amazing at portraying her storyline.

Overall Corrie has an amazing set of actors and actresses.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Generally the acting is as good as can be expected for a fast turn around soap but Jane Danson stands out despite having a lousy storyline at the moment. Of the 3 main soaps I would say Corrie and Emmerdale are close and Enders is dire.
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why does Jane Danson never make the shortlist for Best Actress? :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Corrie, like many other soaps, has its good and bad actors. The stand outs for me are Alison King, Jane Danson, Chris Gascoyne and Judy Holt.

A lot of the time, I believe, its the writing that can contribute to some actors bad acting. For example, Katherine Kelly was pretty poor during the smasing up the Barlow's house.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dantay24uk wrote: »
    Alison King however, is fantastic as is Jane Danson..

Alison King may be a great actress, but I am yet to see it in Corrie. Her character is one of the most tedious ones in the soap. So predicable. So boring. It's the same thing with her time and time again.

She may be a good looking woman. But the Carla character is just awful.
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm bored of Carla too, she used to be interesting...but not now
  • Options
    smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm bored of Carla too, she used to be interesting...but not now

Same. who will she obsess over next? She's spent most of her time lusting over men who are taken.
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah Terry the nothern Nick Cotton only pulled in when they want a panto baddie having ruined the orginal characters.
    Still its a few quid for John & Nigel every couple of years.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    dantay24uk wrote: »
    Honestly? On the whole it's pretty damn shocking, which is why I refuse to watch it on a regular basis. Might flick it on if there is nothing else on but otherwise, it's the acting that puts me off.

Alison King however, is fantastic as is Jane Danson.

But I just remember the tram crash, that really sticks in my mind clearly. Some appalling performances that week. Particularly from the women.

Thankfully I think you're in a minority with that view.
  • Options
    madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me, Ali King, Chris Gascoyne and Jane Danson are the best. I wasn't a fan of Ali King before Corrie (Didn't know who she was) but since seeing her in Corrie, I think she seriously amazing. It's seriously about time IMO that she won an award for her acting.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    One of the worst 'actresses' is maria.
    She really is on easy street, imagine the money she is on to turn up to work everyday and just recite a few lines.
  • Options
    jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO

Barbara Knox (Rita)
    Helen Worth (Gail)
    Anne Kirkbride (Deirdre)
    Michael Le Velle (Kevin)
    Sally Dynevor (Sally)
    Chris Gascoyne (Peter)
    Simon Greggson (Steve)
    Jack P Shepherd (David)
    Malcolm Hebden (Norris)
    David Neilson (Roy)
    Jane Danson (Leanne)
    Sue Cleaver (Eileen)
    Alex Bain (Simon)
    Alison King (Carla)
    Charlie Condu (Marcus)
    Michelle Keegan (Tina)
    Katy Cavanagh (Julie)
    Debbie Rush (Anna)
    Mikey North (Gary) SO FLIPPING UNDERUSED
    Ian Plueston-Davies (Owen)
    Georgia May Foote (Katy)
    Paula Lane (Kylie)
    Chris Fountain (Timmy)
    Michelle Collins (Stella)
    Natalie Gumede (Kirsty)
    Judy Holt (Lesley)
    are the best actors the show has but with the exception of Dev, Sean, Amy and (I hate to say it) Ken and Emily the rest of the cast aren't terrible actors by any means
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Samia Ghadie is a fantastic actress!
    Overall I think the acting in corrie is pretty good!
  • Options
    dalemandaleman Posts: 226,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of the acting In corrie has gone downhill In the last few months for some reason.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the worst 'actresses' is maria.
    She really is on easy street, imagine the money she is on to turn up to work everyday and just recite a few lines.

Maria is fine. She's like Corrie's Katie Sugden - never going to be the most exciting character or actress but she has her part to play and brings a down to earth presence to the role.
  • Options
    yourfabulousyourfabulous Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO Alison King is the best actress by a country mile but Corrie has a very strong cast.

With the news of Betty's death, there's no doubt we'll be seeing a lot more of the older cast members, and I think that can only be a good thing.
  • Options
    xynariaxynaria Posts: 24,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why no one giving Mary the attention she deserves????????
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO Alison King is the best actress by a country mile but Corrie has a very strong cast.

With the news of Betty's death, there's no doubt we'll be seeing a lot more of the older cast members, and I think that can only be a good thing.

I don't like the charater of Carla at all, which must make Alison Kind a very good actress.

I really like Sue Cleaver but she is let down by her storylines.

Jane Danson is my pick as the best actress on the show, I thought she was terrible when the Battersbys were first introduced though:eek:
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    The acting is like the scriptwriting. Fifth rate and an embarrassment. Looking round with a surprised look on face when a phone rings, talking to themselves when nobody else in the room, evil grin on face when they are up to something etc etc
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »
    Maria is fine. She's like Corrie's Katie Sugden - never going to be the most exciting character or actress but she has her part to play and brings a down to earth presence to the role.

Don't you mean Emmerdale's Katie Sugden ?

I'm looking foward to John Mitchie and Shona Gulati's acting in the Karl and Sunita affair
  • Options
    yourfabulousyourfabulous Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    I don't like the charater of Carla at all, which must make Alison Kind a very good actress.

I really like Sue Cleaver but she is let down by her storylines.

Jane Danson is my pick as the best actress on the show, I thought she was terrible when the Battersbys were first introduced though:eek:

It seems people either love or hate Carla, but she's definitely one of the most talked about characters. Even the people who can't stand her, love to talk about her (I would go so far as to say that some of them are obsessed). Not many characters have that effect.
    She is a brilliantly written character, played by an actress who understands her perfectly.

I completely agree about Sue Cleaver. And I think Jane Danson is a great actress too, but I find that Leanne is a very irritating character. She often walks around with the same bitter and miserable expression on her face. She's depressing.

Paula Lane is another actress who continues to impress. :)
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    JarkdeLuxe wrote: »

I know but that's what annoys me about her.
  • Options
    Foxster HotpotFoxster Hotpot Posts: 12,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Think Jane Danson, Ali King, Alex Bain, Helen Worth, Katherine Kelly ( Even though she is gone), Alan Hanshall, Michelle Collins, Sally Dyvenor, Micheal Le Vell, Mikey North, Debbie Rush and Julie Holt spring to mind.

But Anyone except Dev, Sean, Michelle, Maria.... The Usual Crowd are pretty good actors/actresses.