Options

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    Some interesting tweets from Matt McGlone tonight.

"This Thursday Neil is up on two charges, the Ibrox tunnel & other comments, my sources tell me this will be more explosive than Dougiegate"

"Celtic are going in team handed legally on the 19th and I know they have evidence that could implode on the SFA in major fashion!"

"Can't say too much just now, but Celtic won't be accepting any punishment on Neil for tunnel situ"

I wonder if they'll strike again?
  • Options
    UriahUriah Posts: 1,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who Celtic? They've certainly been on strike on their last two visits to Hampden :p
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been speculated that the penalty was indeed given against Wanyama, because the ball appeared to bounce up against his hand after it hit Ledley's elbow.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Or referees just need to be consistent in their decisions.

When the word goes out, it goes all around 90% of Scotland ? :mad::mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    It's been speculated that the penalty was indeed given against Wanyama, because the ball appeared to bounce up against his hand after it hit Ledley's elbow.

Wanyama didn't even know where the ball was.

Euan Norris will now have to award a penalty now in every single game when it's ball to hand in the box.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wanyama didn't even know where the ball was.

Euan Norris will now have to award a penalty now in every single game when it's ball to hand in the box.
    The point is that regardless if it was the correct decision, the whole furore about not knowing the difference between two players is, ultimately, moot.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    misawa97 wrote: »
    Hooper was marginally offside and it could of went either way. The handball was a joke as was the non second yellow to the hearts player for handball.

Celtic were awful but the ref still got the decision massively wrong but I'm not shocked as Scottish football works against celtic. I would take going into league 2 in England just have to get out of corrupt Scottish football!!

How did Celtic win the league then? How have Celtic won so many Cups and League titles if Scottish football works against them?

That's been three games in the past few weeks where Celtic have lost only for people on here to complain about Scottish football being against Celtic.

Is it any wonder why fans of other clubs think Celtic fans are paranoid?
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    Mark. wrote: »

havent seen anything to convince me yet that the referee got it wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    havent seen anything to convince me yet that the referee got it wrong.

Craig Beattie, Patricia Nevin (quoting the rules) and Billy Brown all agree it wasn't a penalty.
  • Options
    timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig Beattie, Patricia Nevin (quoting the rules) and Billy Brown all agree it wasn't a penalty.

STVGrant saying on twitter he knows it was definitely given against Wanyama.

A terrible decision IMO.
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ok so Celtic have one decision go against them? It's not as if they don't often get them in their favour.(as rangers do)

Was it really worth Lennon's reaction.

Beattie, Nevin and Brown all said he was offside and it clearly didn't hit Websters hand
  • Options
    StoneColdSaysSoStoneColdSaysSo Posts: 9,883
    Forum Member
    It hit two players hands and changed the path of the ball. Its one of those ones you hate to see go against you but expect when it goes for you.
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A terrible decision IMO.

Only the third one in 4 weeks, that has went against us, & they wonder why us lot are paranoid ?
  • Options
    croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It hit two players hands and changed the path of the ball. Its one of those ones you hate to see go against you but expect when it goes for you.

You couldn't make it up ...
    Celtic notch an offside goal in the dying minutes to equalise ...
    Celtic don't get a penalty when the ball doesn't hit the Hearts defenders hand ...
    Ki dives to try and win a penalty and goes unpunished ...

Hearts player shoots and the ball clearly hits TWO celtic players hands in the box and they are astonished ...

Long, long ban coming for Lennie - my money is on Celtic starting to work his ticket out of parkhead under the victim card no doubt.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only the third one in 4 weeks, that has went against us, & they wonder why us lot are paranoid ?

so what about the offside goal you scored today??

plus what about the goal that Hearts scored earlier in the season and a virtually identical one that Rangers scored ... none of them given despite them being shown to be over the line.

Of course you will no doubt have a short memory on these instances.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    ArcticJayHArcticJayH Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats the team Lennon said would win the champions league ?

*Laughs uncontrollably*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crofter wrote: »
    Hearts player shoots and the ball clearly hits TWO celtic players hands in the box and they are astonished ...

Given it was fired at Ledley from about a yard away so there was nothing he could do about it and Wanyama couldn't see the ball as it was behind him then I think there is good reason for us to be "astonished" about the award.
    crofter wrote:
    my money is on Celtic starting to work his ticket out of parkhead under the victim card no doubt.;)

I wonder if aja will still make the payment to CLAN for the bet I had with him about Craig Levein?

Has Euan Norris really awarded Rangers 5 penalties in the 3 matches of theirs he has officiated in?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArcticJayH wrote: »
    Thats the team Lennon said would win the champions league ?

*Laughs uncontrollably*

Are you laughing at your inability to read correctly?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Decisions go against other teams all the time. Aberdeen got knocked out of the cup by a worse decision yesterday than Celtic had go against them today, but it's barely been mentioned.
  • Options
    ArcticJayHArcticJayH Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No

I know what it said, but we all know whats he really thinks.

The man is a nutjob and today proved that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArcticJayH wrote: »
    No

I know what it said, but we all know whats he really thinks.

The man is a nutjob and today proved that.

So you therefore know that Lennon never said that the current Celtic side would win the Champions League then?

Kind of makes your other post look rather stupid.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bunk_medal wrote: »
    Decisions go against other teams all the time. Aberdeen got knocked out of the cup by a worse decision yesterday than Celtic had go against them today, but it's barely been mentioned.

True, still can't understand why Vernon plays wide right.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Given it was fired at Ledley from about a yard away so there was nothing he could do about it and Wanyama couldn't see the ball as it was behind him then I think there is good reason for us to be "astonished" about the award.

I would say one handball you might just get away with but when it happens twice then I doubt a referee worth his salt could turn that down.

Has Euan Norris really awarded Rangers 5 penalties in the 3 matches of theirs he has officiated in?

Its an establishment conspiracy ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member

So Celtic fans are paranoid? There didn't seem to be any complaints like we have seen over the past couple of weeks by Lennon or Celtic fans when they went on an unbeaten run for most of the season. As soon as they lose, different story.
This discussion has been closed.