Options

Why would Betty...

NotaBadLadNotaBadLad Posts: 291
Forum Member
leave the recipe for her hot pot to Sean?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because he's Corrie's main man / official spokesman / biggest ever legend .............. apparently.
  • Options
    pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because he's Corrie's main man / official spokesman / biggest ever legend .............. apparently.

:D:D:D:

It may because out of the current workers in the rovers he has been there the longest...

Or most likely it is because the TPTB think that we all love him...

Edit: I've got it, did you watch I'm a celeb?Because if you did you'll know that he does the cooking! and goes into a mood if anyone else does
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    why would she not just give it to Stella who actually runs the pub, instead of a part time barman?
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because he's the only one Betty really knows there now, she hardly knew Stella
  • Options
    valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    NotaBadLad wrote: »

I have her recipe! I bought her autobiography and it is in there!
    Did you know that Betty Driver was a vegetarian so it must have been strange cooking something that contains meat!
  • Options
    DaZ_yUv_XDaZ_yUv_X Posts: 1,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i readily admit i'm not the biggest fan of sean, but even i can think logically where this storyline is concerned.
    betty and sean got on on-screen, and betty and antony cotton got on off-screen, so it makes sense that betty would leave her hotpot recipe to sean.
  • Options
    CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DaZ_yUv_X wrote: »
    i readily admit i'm not the biggest fan of sean, but even i can think logically where this storyline is concerned.
    betty and sean got on on-screen, and betty and antony cotton got on off-screen, so it makes sense that betty would leave her hotpot recipe to sean.

I agree completely. I know Sean/Cotton isn't really loved on this forum - and I'm certainly not one of his fans - but it makes sense for the hotpot recipe to be left to Sean. Can you imagine the uproar if Betty had left her recipe to Stella? Or Tina? Or Sunita?!
  • Options
    AJ21AJ21 Posts: 1,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the bigger question would be why did she not claim the rovers as she rightfully inherited it?
  • Options
    CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AJ21 wrote: »
    the bigger question would be why did she not claim the rovers as she rightfully inherited it?

Despite what Phil Collinson said on This Morning about wills and bequeaths, the spoilers indicate that Annie Walker wrote a letter to Betty in 1984 (after Annie retired) insisting that she put herself forward to run the pub.

Betty never owned the Rovers - I get the impression that she was just encouraged by Annie to take it on, but never felt the desire to!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope it's a recipe for a poisonous hot pot, and that her last wish was to frame Sean for murder.
  • Options
    AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valtimmy wrote: »
    I have her recipe! I bought her autobiography and it is in there!
    Did you know that Betty Driver was a vegetarian so it must have been strange cooking something that contains meat!

But surely that's the secet of the rescipe - no meat:)
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Betty left him the secret hot pot recipe to give him a story line..
  • Options
    GlomperGlomper Posts: 3,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new Hotpots will be full of Mince, not as per Bettys' original recipe.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she had a secret 'time portal' at the back of the kitchen, and she nipped out to buy best steak at 2d a pound.

(I tried to sell that plot to stephen king about ten years ago, but he turned it down!) :D
  • Options
    shoulderduffshoulderduff Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glomper wrote: »
    The new Hotpots will be full of Mince, not as per Bettys' original recipe.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NotaBadLad wrote: »

She probably wouldn't. But the producer is having to work around the fact that Betty barely knew any of the current Rovers team. It's a bit desperate really.
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Another tiresome storyline for a character who should've been written out years ago. :yawn:
  • Options
    rasborasbo Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should give it to Bet Gilroy, and just have her do the occasional scene like what Betty did towards the end.
  • Options
    merlinsmummerlinsmum Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Imo it would have made more sense for Betty to leave it to Emily, who was an old friend of hers. We have seen Emily competing on the cooking front in a storyline before, and it would have been good for her character to have been given the opportunity of making some pin money selling the hot pot to the pub. Plus lots of potential for Norris to have a moan.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can just imagine the scene, sean cooks his first hot pot, maria or marcus taste it and says its as if betty was really here
    he has the huge grin on his face.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    i can just imagine the scene, sean cooks his first hot pot, maria or marcus taste it and says its as if betty was really here
    he has the huge grin on his face.
    http://www.corrie.net/kabin/gazette.html Sean's under pressure as he tries to recreate Betty’s hotpot. Losing concentration, he drops the recipe into the mixture and the ink runs. Has Betty's recipe been lost forever?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    http://www.corrie.net/kabin/gazette.html Sean's under pressure as he tries to recreate Betty’s hotpot. Losing concentration, he drops the recipe into the mixture and the ink runs. Has Betty's recipe been lost forever?

omg so much drama, im soo excited to see how this plays out
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is betty hotpot recipe just for corrie, and not real life thing that exists.
    is there an actual betty hotpot recipe?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »

Yes but then
    Betty appears to Sean in a dream, detailing the recipe. Sean realises that Betty will always be with him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes but then
    Betty appears to Sean in a dream, detailing the recipe. Sean realises that Betty will always be with him.

Got to laff at all this ridiculous hot-pot malarkey ........... it's a bog standard casserole fgs .............. not the Coca Cola recipe!!!

What did Betty put in hers that made it so special, opium???

You'd have thought so.