Options

Madeleine:The Last Hope ? BBC1 25/4/12

Comments

• Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who the hell in their right mind would "start to refuse to co-operate" in the case of a missing child?

My thoughts too , Why would anyone start to refuse when one very small girl is missing .Most people would think what the hell I dont care lets get her back
  • Options
    FBIFBI Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the impression that they thought the Portuguese investigation was a shambles right from the beginning and so started to refuse to cooperate. I do think the police wasted valuable searching time by automatically assuming the family were involved.

That's precisely what didn't happen. The McCanns only entered the frame after the cadaver dog searches. The early weeks if the investigation were all about abduction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    SuperSal1 wrote: »
    As I posted before, the Mccanns are spending time and money taking a retired lawyer to court for questioning their version of events. He faces prison, significant costs or both. Carter Ruck have stated that their current costs are exceeding £120,000 before it even gets to court.

How does this help find Maddie?

There's a You-Tube of a dad who's daughter was abducted and then murdered. He basically says, if the parents need to call in the services of a lawyer, you need to question their innocence.

Bloody Nora, you must be joking... someone facing prison? I did not know this, (Sorry, late to this thread)., I am completely disgusted that mine, and others', donation money is going on lawyers fees. This is an unacceptable deception, in my opinion,
  • Options
    IdacyderIdacyder Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have been deceived. I gave that money in good faith and now I see that there have been several litigation cases both in the UK and Portugal. That was NOT what my donation, and no doubt the donations of many others, was for.

Yep, my Mum and her husband sent quite a lot of money, in fact all my family were really upset for the little girl and her parents. It was when they found out that the McCanns were planning their campaign for months ahead that we all thought it was weird, after all Maddie could have been found any day. Then when we heard the McCann`s brother had given up his job to work for the company they were setting up to find Maddie, our suspicions really began to soar. And why did the government transfer a spin doctor to their aid? Then my Mum told me about Kate refusing to help the police find Maddie, we couldn`t understand why that was. I can never say for sure and try not to judge but the lies and discrepancies can`t help make us wonder what`s going on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody Nora, you must be joking... someone facing prison? I did not know this, (Sorry, late to this thread)., I am completely disgusted that mine, and others', donation money is going on lawyers fees. This is an unacceptable deception, in my opinion,

I would never donate to the Fund purely because only a handful of people know where the money actually goes. As a limited company the law only requires that they publish minimal accounts and that is exactly what they do.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Let me get this straight. Mr and Mrs McCann are trying to get someone sent to prison for questioning their abduction story? They are spending hundreds of thousands of pounds on this - money donated in good faith by people who wanted to help them find Madeleine.

How does such litigation help to find Madeleine???
  • Options
    Loz KernowLoz Kernow Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I posted before, the Mccanns are spending time and money taking a retired lawyer to court for questioning their version of events. He faces prison, significant costs or both. Carter Ruck have stated that their current costs are exceeding £120,000 before it even gets to court.

How does this help find Maddie?

There's a You-Tube of a dad who's daughter was abducted and then murdered. He basically says, if the parents need to call in the services of a lawyer, you need to question their innocence.

I wonder how much of the Fund money was spent on trying to get Amaral's book The Truth of the Lie banned? A decision which has since been overturned. His book is now freely available.

Not so much spending public donations on 'leaving no stones unturned' as trying to silence anyone who doesn't follow the McCann abduction theory.
  • Options
    SuperSal1SuperSal1 Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yup, it's true: http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/forum

Court date 9 & 10 May.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MadMoo40 wrote: »
    Here is my take on things, for what its worth.

Firstly I think that the abductor theory is possible, but not using the 15 minute "time of opportunity" the parents insist happened. I think that as they were out every night without the children, it is likely that some other tourists staying there, and hotel staff, were aware that the children were left alone everynight. Staff would know that the children hadn't been booked into the creche or babysitting service, so any staff seeing the McCanns and co dining out, would know the children were left alone. Someone could have innocently (or not so innocently) mentioned to other people about young children being left alone - thus giving an abductor an opportunity to act. In addition, with Maddy being heard crying for 45 minutes the previous night, it would be obvious to anyone nearby that the children were not regularly checked. I think, therefore, that anyone who wanted to take a child would have the time and opportunity - probably a couple of hours as some witnesses said that nobody checked the children for ages that night.

Secondly, it seems strange that Maddy was awake and crying for so long the night before, but was apparently asleep straight away the following night, and neither parent obviously expected her to wake up whilst they were out. How could they be so sure? Here I think it is possible that the children could have been given something to help them sleep, which would explain why the twins slept so long that night. That would also help the abductor (if there was one) as neither Maddy nor the twins would have woken up.

However, I also believe it was possible for Maddy to have woken up and had a fatal accident. She could have been drowsy from whatever medication she had been given and stumbled down the stairs. The police theory is also plausible - that she stood on top of the sofa and tried to look out of the window when she heard her dad talking in the street below. She could have lost her balance and hit her head on the stone floor, therefore being dead by the time she was actually checked.

She may have managed to get out of the apartment, over the child gate, and wondered off looking for her parents, perhaps wandered onto the beach and been washed out to sea, or accidently run over by someone who panicked and took her body with them to dump elsewhere.

For both of these scenarios, she could have been dead for most of the evening and any checks done were very perfunctionay - people just listening at doors, not looking in - so even if checks had been done every 15 minutes, she could have been missing or dead the entire time.

I also think the parents acted very strangely afterwards, especially all the travelling they did whilst leaving their remaining children behind within days of losing a child. There is something not right about any of it, them or their friends with me.

I do believe that even if they are not directly responsible for her disappearance (apart from the neglect obviously) I do think the entire group have lied about times and movements in order to save their own skins, once they knew they'd be in big trouble for leaving their children unattended.

Very good post
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FBI wrote: »
    That's precisely what didn't happen. The McCanns only entered the frame after the cadaver dog searches. The early weeks if the investigation were all about abduction.

Robert Murat was given arguido status on 15 May (I had to check on Wiki :o) - which was just 12 days after she went missing.

I think that shows as clearly as anything possibly could that the early focus was totally not on the parents.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I try to look at this case with a sensible head. I believe she was abducted, but I cannot rule out her parents played a part in her death and subsequent burial.

If an accident occurred, and the child had died, maybe they did decide, rather than confessing to manslaughter, that their child had disappeared. It just seems odd to me that they would leave three children on their own, while they go to a restaurant. Particularly when the restaurant did allow children.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Idacyder wrote: »
    Yep, my Mum and her husband sent quite a lot of money, in fact all my family were really upset for the little girl and her parents. It was when they found out that the McCanns were planning their campaign for months ahead that we all thought it was weird, after all Maddie could have been found any day. Then when we heard the McCann`s brother had given up his job to work for the company they were setting up to find Maddie, our suspicions really began to soar. And why did the government transfer a spin doctor to their aid? Then my Mum told me about Kate refusing to help the police find Maddie, we couldn`t understand why that was. I can never say for sure and try not to judge but the lies and discrepancies can`t help make us wonder what`s going on.

So your family has also been deceived.... sending money in good faith.

I am not getting into any of the debates of them leaving the kids alone, or what forensic dogs may or may not have found (although with the recent Suzanne Pilley case I have great faith in these CSI dogs).

I am here to put forward my disgust about the way my donation, and those of many others, have been spent on suing and trying to silence anyone who questions their story, From what I can see, Goncarlo Ameral has based his book on the PT police's work. Official police files.

So why are they trying to silence him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I try to look at this case with a sensible head. I believe she was abducted, but I cannot rule out her parents played a part in her death and subsequent burial.

If an accident occurred, and the child had died, maybe they did decide, rather than confessing to manslaughter, that their child had disappeared. It just seems odd to me that they would leave three children on their own, while they go to a restaurant. Particularly when the restaurant did allow children.

The McCann children spent almost the maximum time possible in the creche - every day.
  • Options
    Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The McCann children spent almost the maximum time possible in the creche - every day.

As did the twins even after their sister was missing .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yup, it's true: http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/forum

Court date 9 & 10 May.

Thanks for that, Super Sal.

This is a complete disgrace. Why is my donation money being spent on massive lawyer fees?

How does this help to find Madeleine?
  • Options
    SuperSal1SuperSal1 Posts: 853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am here to put forward my disgust about the way my donation, and those of many others, have been spent on suing and trying to silence anyone who questions their story, From what I can see, Goncarlo Ameral has based his book on the PT police's work. Official police files.

And the really vindictive thing is that the solicitor is only repeating what is said in the Portuguese files (freely available on the net), on websites (x1000) and on twitter (x100000).

So why are they trying to ruin somebody who has a genuine interest in trying to solve the mystery of what happened to their daughter?

Btw: the fact that he refers to the the case as a 'mystery' is one of the things he's being sued over!!

You couldn't make it up!
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    You are right in the fact that you forget the details.

no. i checked. i was right. :)
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Still, don't go out and leave them. If they did...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And the really vindictive thing is that the solicitor is only repeating what is said in the Portuguese files (freely available on the net), on websites (x1000) and on twitter (x100000).

So why are they trying to ruin somebody who has a genuine interest in trying to solve the mystery of what happened to their daughter?

Btw: the fact that he refers to the the case as a 'mystery' is one of the things he's being sued over!!

You couldn't make it up!

Why is my donation money being used to get this solicitor man sent to prison for merely repeating what is in the PT police files?

Are we in North Korea, FFS?
  • Options
    Loz KernowLoz Kernow Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let me get this straight. Mr and Mrs McCann are trying to get someone sent to prison for questioning their abduction story? They are spending hundreds of thousands of pounds on this - money donated in good faith by people who wanted to help them find Madeleine.

How does such litigation help to find Madeleine???

According to the official Find Madeleine website the full objectives of the Fund are:

To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007;

To procure that Madeleine's abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice;

To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family.

I'm not quite sure where the wholesale suing comes into it. However as a limited company there's not a lot donators can do once they've handed over their precious wonga.
  • Options
    Forum Member

oh purlease. he's openly stated he believes the parents dunnit. he's harrassed and persecuted them.

whatever you think of them its not the job of internet vigilantes to pursue the case.
  • Options
    maureensmaureens Posts: 13,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I made a donation to their fund... which I later found out was in fact a limited company.

So I believe that I am entitled to ask why my, and many others' donations which were given in good faith, are being used on legal fees to sue anyone who questions their abduction story. The donations were meant to help in finding Madeleine, not on litigation.

Also, why did their friends refuse to attend a reconstruction when requested to by the PT police in 2008?

Why did Kate McCann refuse to answer 40-odd questions put to her by the PT police?

I will not be making any further donations to their limited company so they can spend it on suing people who question their story.

Good to hear you will not fall for it again shame others will carry on donating thinking it is helping to search for Maddy when really most of it is used to silence/sue people(allegedly;)) I want to know is why this "fund" is not being looked at properly i mean are Kate and Gerry on the bloody board or something rediculous?? if so then of course they will have control over every penny:confused: im sure some other poster will clarify it for me.or even better some investigator!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    primer wrote: »
    oh purlease. he's openly stated he believes the parents dunnit. he's harrassed and persecuted them.

whatever you think of them its not the job of internet vigilantes to pursue the case.

Can we have some links/proof to back that up, please,

Many thanks.
  • Options
    IdacyderIdacyder Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So your family has also been deceived.... sending money in good faith.

I am not getting into any of the debates of them leaving the kids alone, or what forensic dogs may or may not have found (although with the recent Suzanne Pilley case I have great faith in these CSI dogs).

Don`t understand but seems weird. It`s not just him, its anyone who questions their abduction story, Tony Bennet, Pat Brown the American Criminal Profiler, Portuguese TV stations and more. Just don`t get it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why is my donation money being used to get this solicitor man sent to prison for merely repeating what is in the PT police files?

Are we in North Korea, FFS?

no we aren't. which should be a big clue that what he is doing is not any 'mere' repetition of whats in the files.
This discussion has been closed.