Options

Official Snooker Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quote of the week from Willie tonight wasnt it ?

World darts champion Dave 'Wolfie' Adams

That was a classic Thorne cock up. :D

He corrected the mistake immediately, but said it in such a way to suggest it was someone else that made the initial mistake. :eek:
  • Options
    sas6789sas6789 Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna make a prediction, i think the winner of O'Sullivan v Robertson will win the title.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,699
    Forum Member
    IMO Ali Carter comes across as a bad winner critcising Judd Trump don't you think? :o
  • Options
    highlander1969highlander1969 Posts: 6,832
    Forum Member
    Well done to Jamie Jones! A great end after that wee scare at 10-10.
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    IMO Ali Carter comes across as a bad winner critcising Judd Trump don't you think? :o

Do you think he said anything that was inaccurate or untrue?
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting final session to the last second rounder to complete - starts off 10-6 to Jones, Higginson wins 4 in a row to level at 10-10 and then Jones wins the next 3 after the interval to win, i bet Higginson thought he was going to win after dominating the first part of the session, great response from Jones though to close out the match
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to Jamie Jones! A great end after that wee scare at 10-10.

I enjoyed the end of that match. They both seem like nice blokes, and it was nice to see them getting on well. Jamie Jones seems quite funny.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 118,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am surprised at the negative comments about Ali Carter. I have never noticed anything like that about him.
  • Options
    Darren LethemDarren Lethem Posts: 61,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »

It was constructive criticisms. He does play pot, pot, pot. He didnt offer apology. At the end he was in his chair, Carter went to Judd to shake hands rather than the other way around. And Trump's mates do him no favours.

Trump should take heed of the advice and not see his arse over it.
  • Options
    NWScotsNWScots Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    I enjoyed the end of that match. They both seem like nice blokes, and it was nice to see them getting on well. Jamie Jones seems quite funny.

I agree, they both seem very nice and played those final frames in good spirit. I like this Jamie Jones and am looking forward to seeing how he does against Carter.

I can't believe we're over half way through already. I suppose I should feel slightly ashamed of myself for wasting a day off work with glorious sunshine in front of the telly but I don't!
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes they did get on well, and seem nice which given the high pressure of the match situation it was good to see them enjoying it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NWScots wrote: »
    I agree, they both seem very nice and played those final frames in good spirit. I like this Jamie Jones and am looking forward to seeing how he does against Carter.

I can't believe we're over half way through already. I suppose I should feel slightly ashamed of myself for wasting a day off work with glorious sunshine in front of the telly but I don't!

I wasn't going to go to Sheffield again this year, but I think I'm going to have to try! I wish I didn't have to work this week! There are tickets for tomorrow and Wednesday's day time sessions!
  • Options
    mumbles26mumbles26 Posts: 5,805
    Forum Member
    Hi ya. Sorry to ask such a basic question but can someone tell me Tuesday's order of play?

Thanks
  • Options
    NWScotsNWScots Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't going to go to Sheffield again this year, but I think I'm going to have to try! I wish I didn't have to work this week! There are tickets for tomorrow and Wednesday's day time sessions!

If I was you I'd be over there like a shot! You're a Robbo girl aren't you? Too good an opportunity to waste! I'm not back to work until the middle of next week but, alas, I live too many hundreds of miles away :(
    mumbles26 wrote: »
    Hi ya. Sorry to ask such a basic question but can someone tell me Tuesday's order of play?

Thanks

You've got the all Scottish and all Welsh games in the form of Hendry v Maguire and Day v Stevens at 10am and 7pm and Robertson v O Sullivan and Jones v Carter at 2.30pm.
  • Options
    MeoquiMeoqui Posts: 2,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks

Tuesday May 1

10am

QF1 Stephen Hendry v Stephen Maguire
    QF4 Ryan Day v Matthew Stevens

2.30pm
    QF2 Jamie Jones v Ali Carter
    QF3 Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Robertson

7pm
    QF1 Stephen Hendry v Stephen Maguire
    QF4 Ryan Day v Matthew Stevens

Wednesday May 2

10am
    QF2 Jamie Jones v Ali Carter
    QF4* Ryan Day v Matthew Stevens

2.30pm
    QF1* Stephen Hendry v Stephen Maguire
    QF3 Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Robertson

7pm
    QF2* Jamie Jones v Ali Carter
    QF3* Ronnie O'Sullivan v Neil Robertson

EDIT: Got distracted and someone posted in the mean time lol
  • Options
    croftercrofter Posts: 2,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well what a classic match between Carter & Trump - I have never really liked Carter that much but today I was rooting for him as he was on the end of some terrible run of the ball all match and when you factor in that every time Trump had a crack at them he inevitably managed to leave them safe.

Once Carter started turning the screw though Trump was "gone" and I don't recall seeing such a determined and sustained effort than Carter today - he was a man on a mission.

Trump will need to start learning some manners though and you can tell that quite a lot on the snooker circuit really cannot stand him ... this defeat will either make him or break him I reckon and could be the best thing that happened to him in the long run.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks. Just told hubby the TV is out of bounds for the next few days so I can cheer my beloved Stephen H on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NWScots wrote: »
    If I was you I'd be over there like a shot! You're a Robbo girl aren't you? Too good an opportunity to waste! I'm not back to work until the middle of next week but, alas, I live too many hundreds of miles away :(

Yes, Neil's my favourite, although I also really like Ali, and I like Ronnie when he's on form, and Matthew Stevens always used to be favourite of mine back in the day. I can't get out of work in the day though, we're really really busy. I may try Wednesday evening if the matches are looking good. And there's the weekend I suppose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Just told hubby the TV is out of bounds for the next few days so I can cheer my beloved Stephen H on.
    My kids are so moaning about the exact same thing!
    I would LOVE to go and watch it. I'm in Sheffield on Sat/Sunday because my daughter is in the British Youth Champs at the EIS. So if Stephen makes it to the final Oh my will I be aggravated that I don't have tickets and it's a few miles away lol
  • Options
    Xavier QuebeckXavier Quebeck Posts: 78,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amusing that Trump can actually call someone "childish".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/oth...li-Carter.html

Maybe a few sour grapes I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meoqui wrote: »
    My kids are so moaning about the exact same thing!
    I would LOVE to go and watch it. I'm in Sheffield on Sat/Sunday because my daughter is in the British Youth Champs at the EIS. So if Stephen makes it to the final Oh my will I be aggravated that I don't have tickets and it's a few miles away lol

Nothing to stop you popping over and hanging around the stage door and Tudor Square!
  • Options
    PrinciplePrinciple Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a video anywhere of Ali Carter sarcastically clapping?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has anyone here ever met Stephen Hendry? Please tell me he's lovely in real life!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing to stop you popping over and hanging around the stage door and Tudor Square!
    I will be very tempted!! Can you go in the building without a ticket? And mull around? Or is that tickets only?
    Saturday is a possibility but my 11 year old competes all day Sunday so that day is out!
    I've wanted to go since I was 11. So might pop over for a glimpse. Maybe next year if my daughter is at the British Champs again at the same time as the snooker I will for once get organised and PLAN!!! So yeah don't you dare retire yet Stephen H!! Incase I don't make it there this year.
    Just found some tickets for the final and they are well into 3 figures per ticket :eek:
  • Options
    MarkBealesMarkBeales Posts: 3,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was constructive criticisms. He does play pot, pot, pot. He didnt offer apology. At the end he was in his chair, Carter went to Judd to shake hands rather than the other way around. And Trump's mates do him no favours.

Trump should take heed of the advice and not see his arse over it.

Hells Bells, playing pot, pot, pot in a game of snooker. Whatever next!
This discussion has been closed.