Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    Jaly77Jaly77 Posts: 334
    Forum Member

Cotton Traders - "Sizes up to 5XL." WTF?! :eek:

Rather than having companies catering for the fat and disgusting, there should be more adverts outlining the dangers of obesity. Instead we have Jacamo and Cotton Traders, among others which seemingly say, it's ok to be massively overweight - you can still be cool! :rolleyes:

No you can't, put down your effing cheesburger, get off your fat arse and get some exercise! :mad:
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I nominate the Aldi ads running on STV!! - totally annoying - i'll give it some Aldi ..... with the lines "smart scots go to aldi" ... I prefer the ad I see on ITV1 but this is taking the biscuit!

EDIT: STV ran a similar ad where it was a plumber in an "old dears" house and going through products and at end of it was "i'll give it some aldi" and the woman said "i'll give it some aldi" but this new one is at a Burger Stop (may as well have Burger King/McDonalds) and this time the guy says "give it aldi" :confused: WTF?
  • Options
    SoniccreamSoniccream Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Injury Laywers 4 U with all the people speaking in one sentence so it sounds all disjointed like the computer google translate woman!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT
    These adverts are insufferable and unbearable and the mere sight of them makes me want to scream until my lungs burst. These adverts crush my spirit and are so irredeemably awful I want to find those responsible and punch them until we are both crying. Still, none of this sums up just how awful these adverts are.

Toyota Yarris
    "Ask yourself, can you do this" Do what? Reverse park? Yes I can actually you bloody massive t**t! I often use my parking sensors, which have been around for years to reverse park it's nothing new so I don't know why your making such a big deal about it. And I don't think I'd ever be seen dead driving around in that tiny tin can, nor would any self respecting bloke!

Chruchill
    Martin Clunes has more of a face for radio don't you think? Not exactly who I'd be choosing to be the face of my company, you know the guy with the enormous ears and fat ugly head, oh yeah and lips like a c**t.

I bloody hate adverts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Direct Line[/

Have got a new one out, well it is new to my region, where the silly couple are dancing :eek:
  • Options
    kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UP YOUR BINGO - viva's bingo site - at end of it "you say i'm fat?" :confused: I rather up my VIVA than BINGO!
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Jaly77 wrote: »
    Rather than having companies catering for the fat and disgusting, there should be more adverts outlining the dangers of obesity. Instead we have Jacamo and Cotton Traders, among others which seemingly say, it's ok to be massively overweight - you can still be cool! :rolleyes:

No you can't, put down your effing cheesburger, get off your fat arse and get some exercise! :mad:
    Fatties still need clothes whether they are on a diet or not. Do you expect them to go around in sheets?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure it's the worst advert, but I just wanted to mention the ad I've just seen on ITV4, described as 'cut to the chase dating' at Be Naughty . com.

Are we really having adverts on TV now that are purely promoting a 'meet only for a shag' date? :confused:

Oh, I must have mishead. I thought they said "Meat-only for a shag".:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The mini morning maximiser is getting to me.

It was the cutsey male voice, but now I have clocked the little girl saying "Check" when she means "Yes". Americans don't understand that a lopsided V is called a Tick not a Check and obviously the ad has been scriped by a Yank. I just hope the girl grows out of it and isn't permanently disabled by Americanisations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's worse, it says some to the effect of "Who knew a girl from Sheffield would be top athlete?" The narrator says Sheffield with surprise.

Cue subtle put-down by a media luvvie of anywhere outside London.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,394
    Forum Member
    Plusnet

An advert featuring a moron dancing with a brass band in the background doesn't motivate me to switch my broadband service to that company.
  • Options
    hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    Why do people buy and wear second hand clothes? I can't even bear to touch them. Give them to charity, send them to Africa.

I'm curious...end of the day, is your dad the best dad in the world, end of?

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nasty. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EVERY bingo advert -
    1. IT'S A CON - ALL BINGO IS!
    2. Sexist to the nth degree... always aimed at stupid, poor women.
    3. Moronic.

EVERY money advert -
    1. They want your money!
    2. You'll get very little help or return!

McDonalds-
    1. Trying to avoid talking about the actual food these days
    2. Being all "family", and "community", whilst selling you sh1tburgers.

PS: "Kitchen at Parties" is a Jona Lewie classic, and he's even in the advert. Quality.
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I know I've already mentioned it but that (sure?) strong woman advert really is bad!!

'women are strong- not stronger than asterisk'

Eh?!!

Then cut to a load of angry looking, slightly butch women (because that's what 'strong' is, obviously).
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member

It's the way it says 'clothing for real men' as in, you aren't a real man unless you are fat.

Stupid....
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    It's the way it says 'clothing for real men' as in, you aren't a real man unless you are fat.

Stupid....
    I'll agree with that bit.

The same goes for women, every article about fatties - and I speak as a self-confessed fatso - has to mention them (us) being 'real' women, as if thin or medium sized ones aren't proper.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hardylane wrote: »
    I'm curious...end of the day, is your dad the best dad in the world, end of?

:D

No, but you don't know where they've been, who's worn them, are they clean or dirty, or dead, do they have fleas or diseases?

There are plenty of cheaper shops selling new clothes , used clothes make me cringe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cyclist wrote: »
    The mini morning maximiser is getting to me.

It was the cutsey male voice, but now I have clocked the little girl saying "Check" when she means "Yes". Americans don't understand that a lopsided V is called a Tick not a Check and obviously the ad has been scriped by a Yank. I just hope the girl grows out of it and isn't permanently disabled by Americanisations.
    While I don't disagree with the general theme of your rant. It is perfectly aceptable to say "check" when ticking a box... no one would say "Tick!" that would just be weird.
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    I know I've already mentioned it but that (sure?) strong woman advert really is bad!!

'women are strong- not stronger than asterisk'

Eh?!!

Then cut to a load of angry looking, slightly butch women (because that's what 'strong' is, obviously).

Nope, its. 'women are strong - not strong with an asterisk'

e.g. Women are strong*

* especially when they're in the kitchen

That was used as an EXAMPLE ONLY!

Yeah, the advert is dreadful, and horribly patronizing to all women.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valkay wrote: »
    No, but you don't know where they've been, who's worn them, are they clean or dirty, or dead, do they have fleas or diseases?

There are plenty of cheaper shops selling new clothes , used clothes make me cringe.

Well I'm pretty sure you don't need a name and address.... you can probably give them a bit of a wash too I'm guessing.... yes, they're probably dead.

Now use that hand sanitiser, Ashley!
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,031
    Forum Member
    Not a specific ad as such but just how many variations of every-day cereals do we have to endure being flogged to us? If it's not with berries, it's chocolate or golden syrup or honey,, or nuts, or sugar coated. Then there's little minature bitesize bits of said original cereal, or clusters... Stop. Enough!
  • Options
    TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    catboy71 wrote: »
    not liking that new Lynx ad , where the guy gets fish stuck in his hair . makes me feel all icky every time i see it
    But the girl in it is stunning though :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Without question: "i have to please THREE HUNGRY BOYS" - makes me want to punch myself in the head nevermind the telly :mad:
  • Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Foot Locker with the chavvy types getting dressed up in their very best adidas gear for a night out.

Quite why Foot Locker are spending so much marketing their stuff to the people of Wigan I really don't know.
This discussion has been closed.