Options

Would you go out with Defoe and expect to be cheated on?

YULSTARYULSTAR Posts: 593
Forum Member
✭✭
I know women always tend to see the 'good' side of 'bad' men, and they all think they will be the different one.......but really? Jermaine Defoe?

Obviously this is discussing something none of us actually know anything about, but it made me think.....

Do you have a right to sympathy when your partner cheats, when your partner has a reputation for being a serial cheater?

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a378750/alexandra-burke-cheated-on-by-jermain-defoe.html

Comments

• Options
    Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    The guy has to settle down sometime I suppose, and hasn't Alexandra always been mates with him? Therefore maybe she hopes that's a better grounding for a relationship and she could be the one who changes his ways.

That was me playing the devil's advocate, as honestly? I think that any woman who even goes within ten paces of the guy needs their heads read, and she should know that more than anyone. :D

I'm not sure young rich philandering footballers will ever change their ways to be honest, as they're never really forced to take responsibility for the consequences of their actions. But, in the unlikely event they do, I reckon the best time for a woman to have any hope of a monogamous relationship with one is after he's retired- and no longer lauded by the press and hounded by wannabe WAGs.

I think the only wake-up call they'll get is when a younger, better version of them starts making the first team on a regular basis and they realise they're not immortal. ;)
  • Options
    LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't go out with him at all. There is only one man in the public eye I would date, had he not been happily married for 29 years.
  • Options
    BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Lamaestra wrote: »
    I wouldn't go out with him at all. There is only one man in the public eye I would date, had he not been happily married for 29 years.

Who's that?

I suppose you can't choose who you fall for. People probably still hope a player will change eventually.
  • Options
    Lukey37Lukey37 Posts: 5,369
    Forum Member
    Who on earth would want to date someone whose previous conquests include Danielle Lloyd, Imogen Thomas and Chantelle Houghton?

It's like a roll call of cheap easy girls.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could laugh at this bit:
    "But as we lay on the bed he started rubbing his hands on me and we ended up having sex. The next day I felt dreadful about it. I'd asked him about Alexandra Burke and he told me it was 'early days'.

So bad that you felt the need to talk about it to the press.
  • Options
    LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    Who's that?

I suppose you can't choose who you fall for. People probably still hope a player will change eventually.

Players never change.

BIB - Tomas Ledin, Sweden's top rock star, now 60.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He'd have to soak it in sheep dip and wrap it in 10 tonnes of clingfilm before it got anywhere near me..... As previous conquests include fragrant 'lovelies' such as Loyd and Thomas, I suspect a few precautions may be mandatory.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sO YOU spoon with him and in the words of geordie shore spooning leads to forking... and THEN You ask about his GF!? classy lass
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He'd have to soak it in sheep dip and wrap it in 10 tonnes of clingfilm before it got anywhere near me..... As previous conquests include fragrant 'lovelies' such as Loyd and Thomas, I suspect a few precautions may be mandatory.

ha ha! I saw him on that Vernon Kay programme last night and had forgotten how miniscule he is
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely if you dated any footballer you'd be expecting to be cheated on.:eek:

But the girls they attract are the ones that one them because theyre footballers so tit for tat I guess. they use them and vice versa.
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Lou17 wrote: »

But the girls they attract are the ones that one them because theyre footballers so tit for tat I guess. they use them and vice versa.

There are plenty of footballers up and down the country who are happily married and remain faithful to their wives/girlfriends. You never see the likes of Paul Scholes or Theo Walcott on the front page.

Not condoning footballers behaviour by any means, but OH and I used to be very friendly with a high profile footballer and his wife. A night out with them was a real eye opener. Sleazy girls would waltz right up to him and give him their phone numbers in front of his wife and it even happened when his children were present. He was faithful as far as she knew, but the doubt was always there.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Button62 wrote: »
    There are plenty of footballers up and down the country who are happily married and remain faithful to their wives/girlfriends. You never see the likes of Paul Scholes or Theo Walcott on the front page.

Not condoning footballers behaviour by any means, but OH and I used to be very friendly with a high profile footballer and his wife. A night out with them was a real eye opener. Sleazy girls would waltz right up to him and give him their phone numbers in front of his wife and it even happened when his children were present. He was faithful as far as she knew, but the doubt was always there.

Blimey, they'd have to have some nerve to give a man their phone number in front of his wife and kids! What did he do in those situations, presumably he would politely decline! Are he and his wife still together?

I agree with you about the likes of Paul Scholes etc, there are plenty of footballers who are decent, family men. It just seems to be the behaviour of a few that gives the lot of them a bad name. Have to say though, I wouldn't be able to trust a man like Jermain Defoe. Not with his track record. :eek:
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »

Not every footballer cheats. Considering how many professional footballers there actually are, there's only a handful that cause the others to be painted with the same brush. There are plenty out there who are happily married, and don't go out cheating on their wives.
  • Options
    bridgetbbridgetb Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't go near him or any footballer to be honest.. He obviously likes the cheap n easy slapper types. Not interested in him or his money either - he's a tosser.
  • Options
    QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    Footballers in a showbiz forum... SMH. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its ok Chantelle Houghton said she should dump him so thats final then lol
  • Options
    YULSTARYULSTAR Posts: 593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will she lose all respect if she stays with him?

Has she downgraded herself to the z-celeb status of his exs?

Or do you think she can remain slightly above them cos of her singing?
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there any footballer who has been faithful? it seems each one has had rumours of some sort do the rounds..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lamaestra wrote: »
    Players never change.

BIB - Tomas Ledin, Sweden's top rock star, now 60.
    Well don't mind if I do.
    Button62 wrote: »

Oh yeah, I agree. It's very weird and quite unpleasant. I remember being at a party with a well known writer and although people did not actually thrust phone numbers into his hand, they talked across his wife as though she was invisible, cut her out of conversations, generally treated her like some sort of stain on the carpet.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd never know what you might catch from him, for starters! :eek:

Vile person.
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is he isn't even good looking?

Not even remotely so, he is a little spotty imp and looks like a tramp most of the time!!

Gold teeth also do nothing for me!
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YULSTAR wrote: »
    Will she lose all respect if she stays with him?

Has she downgraded herself to the z-celeb status of his exs?

Or do you think she can remain slightly above them cos of her singing?

No, I don't think so. The likes of Victoria Beckham, Abby Clancy etc put the message out there years ago that cheating footballers will be not only forgiven but provided with children for staying. It's WAG law. I don't see most people respecting the wives any less. It comes with the terratory, the wives accept cheating and the public seem to without thinking them poor down trodden girls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember when Rooney cheated teh Wag patrol flocked over to tell colleen to stay
  • Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A leopard can't change it's spots.An old saying but one i've found to be true where a certain type of man is concerned :(
  • Options
    mrblankmrblank Posts: 5,687
    Forum Member
    how many footballers have cheated on their wifes and havent been found out quite a lot id bet