Options

Most Emotional You Felt During Or After A Game

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
what is the most happy or sad you have felt during or after a football match

the happiest i have been is in the 2007/2008 season when we beat Sunderland 2-0 to secure our survival that season , it was just a fantastic day , the worst i have felt was when we drew 1-1 vs Everton last season , we were heading for a 1-0 win at their place when in the 94th minute they grabbed an equaliser.

Comments

• Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,449
    Forum Member
    When the mighty Billingham Synthonia drew 0-0 with Barcelona D (Barcelona's under 11 girl's team) in a friendly.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember watching Finding Nemo after a particularly blistering 1-1 draw. You're rooting for the happy ending even though you've seen it so many time already.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Manchester United beat Bayern Munich in the Champions League Final. emotional just a bit. :D
  • Options
    mattlewis86mattlewis86 Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enudzio wrote: »
    what is the most happy or sad you have felt during or after a football match

the happiest i have been is in the 2007/2008 season when we beat Sunderland 2-0 to secure our survival that season , it was just a fantastic day , the worst i have felt was when we drew 1-1 vs Everton last season , we were heading for a 1-0 win at their place when in the 94th minute they grabbed an equaliser.

Being a Liverpool fan it has to be Istanbul for me, 3-0 down at half time to a Milan team on fire, somehow winning, good grief beer was flying all over the place, people jumping all over the place and each other lol doubt ill see anything like that again!
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Manchester United beat Bayern Munich in the Champions League Final. emotional just a bit. :D

My daughter was born a month earlier so my hormones were all over the place. Let's say I was as giddy as a Kipper.

My other half was at the Nou Camp(the jammy sod) so I watched it alone. I was rather miffed I wasn't there.

:):)
  • Options
    CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    In terms of just emotion, probably being in the away end at Forest v Leeds a couple of days after Gary Speed died and singing his name for 11 minutes.
  • Options
    BomoLadBomoLad Posts: 17,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My daughter was born a month earlier so my hormones were all over the place. Let's say I was as giddy as a Kipper.

My other half was at the Nou Camp(the jammy sod) so I watched it alone. I was rather miffed I wasn't there.

:):)

I thought you were a man
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Echo 99 CL final. Watched it in a pub with a friends girlfriend due to a strange set of circumstances. She likes football but isn't a man utd fan but she was in floods of tears at the end just through the whole roller coaster of it. I was pretty much beside myself!
  • Options
    HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been a few but my top one would have to be

Winning the league for the first time in 50 years. I was at the stadium in the shed end bar as I couldn't get a ticket. There was a lock in, we were playing Bolton. Frank was amazing and scored both goals. When that final whistle went, the place went mad and I saw a fair few big bald men with tattoos crying like babies. It was an amazing experience which I will never ever forget.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BomoLad wrote: »
    I thought you were a man

How rude!!!:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How rude!!!:D:D:D

We share a thread with a Man Utd female whose username is a Liverpudlian male sit-com character....

Its a wonder we know what day of the week it is!
  • Options
    lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only time i've ever cried as a football fan was the 4-3 96 game. Liverpool/Newcastle. Coming back to 3-3 then losing again at the death.... gutting. :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    We share a thread with a Man Utd female whose username is a Liverpudlian male sit-com character....

Its a wonder we know what day of the week it is!

Wasn't the bloke that played that character a mancunian?:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wasn't the bloke that played that character a mancunian?:cool:

Aw bloody hell, you're not helping!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't the bloke that played that character a mancunian?:cool:[/QUote

Was he Ninny I never knew that :confused::o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think he was a mancunian that grew up in London. I did like Bread, they don't make sitcoms like that any more.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think he was a mancunian that grew up in London. I did like Bread, they don't make sitcoms like that any more.:(

You are right he was born in Manchester. Every day's a school day!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    The only time i've ever cried as a football fan was the 4-3 96 game. Liverpool/Newcastle. Coming back to 3-3 then losing again at the death.... gutting. :D:D

Meanwhile the red half of Manchester were sheding tears of joy.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Going off the topic I bet you didn't know John Thaw was a mancunian. The sweeney was classic telly.

These young uns on here don't know what they've missed.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile the red half of Manchester were sheding tears of joy.:)

Your not kidding :D:D
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ahem... back on topic... ;)

Half time Champions League Final 2005... and then after the penalties the same game. I've never known a rollercoaster of emotion like it. Crazy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cried when Newcastle got relegated lol

but was so happy when they beat United 3-0 this season :D
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ipswich v Newcastle a couple of years ago. Not because of the match (we lost 4-0) but because of the beautiful half time tribute to the great Sir Bobby Robson after his death.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcscUA1H648&=

EDIT: I think Laura Wright, who's singing on this clip, is who will be singing Abide With Me/the National anthem before tomorrow's FA Cup final.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When Manchester United won the Champions League in 2008, as it was the 50th year since the Munich Air Crash happened, and you could see how emotional, and how much it meant to Sir Bobby.
    I just couldn't stop crying all night, partly out of joy, and partly out of sorrow.
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    When England beat Argentina in the 2000 World Cup (I think that's the right year). I watched it on my own, having bunked off work (ahem) and to put it mildly, I got a lot of frustration out of my system that day :D