Options

'Waiting for Chryed to Get It On' - Christian & Syed (Part 255)

Comments

• Options
    jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just been reading the thread in question and had to give up on page 2 because I was already losing the will to live! In the posts that I did read though, I'm surprised it took 12 posts for the 'let's insult JP's acting' posts to start :rolleyes:

bib - That would've involved the use of common sense - something TPTB don't seem to have. It wouldn't surprise me if they'd forgotten all about Janine & Ryan getting married :rolleyes: :o

I'm just surprised the thread took so long to appear :rolleyes: There are only so many times you can repeat yourself and refute the same arguments before you go insane. :sleep:

And...yes, quite. :sleep: He'll probably not be mentioned. Whereas we get a storyline out of Syed divorcing Amira! :sleep:
    Hey All, quiet on here. It's so easy to catch up these days, even if you miss half a week-boooooo.

Anyway, I just signed up for some thing in October :cool:

Anyone else got annoying car banner ads across the screen?

BIB oooh, what could that be? :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How are people organising the hotel for the night of the con?

Because if I'm staying there I'm going to need to share.

Also I'm actually going now, I booked it and everything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How are people organising the hotel for the night of the con?

Because if I'm staying there I'm going to need to share.

Also I'm actually going now, I booked it and everything.

I'm not sure if there's a specific organise-y thing yet...just find two people and get one of you to book the room. I'm sure everyone would want to share to bring the cost down.

Yay for another booking :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenn123 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if there's a specific organise-y thing yet...just find two people and get one of you to book the room. I'm sure everyone would want to share to bring the cost down.

Yay for another booking :cool:

This really more a speculative booking to be honest. I'm probably going but, you know, real life and shit.
  • Options
    starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Evening All :D

Wow, we have been quiet this weekend haven't we - I'm sure it will be busier next week.

Zoetje - sorry about your knee.....another Chryedian bashing their knee on a concrete bench, Disney started a trend. :o Hope it stops hurting for you and no lasting damage was done. xxx :)

My cut hand from Thursday night only stopped hurting me today.

MF Thread......I had a brief read but it all got daft pretty quickly....:and there is absolutely no way will I pollute myself with reading anything insulting about Johnny.....but well done to anyone who is posting....even though I can't see the posts. :)

A bit pointless debating the spoiler on there - we've done it much better justice in here. :D I'm very happy with it and I think it's going to clarify the Yasmin situation, Chryed's situation with Amira, where Amira is at now with things, + some good character growth for Christian.
    KBambi wrote: »
    As well as Ricky, Janine's sister Diane is returning for her wedding.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/search/eastenders/1/created/

Thanks for this.....be interesting to see what Diane is like now. Good to see they are making the effort to get people back when they are relatives, and yes *cough* Linda and Jane, I want very much. :D

Thanks for the Nina article as well, from yesterday.

I want this to happen too! It would be brilliant. I'm tired of reading about couples getting engaged while Chryed haven't even mentioned their wedding since October!
    Is Ryan presumed dead? I can't remember if it's only Whitney who knows? Either way, the amount Janine and Michael are talking about their wedding is making me a tiny bit resentful :sleep::p

Syed did say 'I want to marry Christian' in January - when he pushed for the divorce. So a small mention then, that he still wants to / intends to. :)

Also, if they wanted to bury the idea of the CP - I don't think the proposal moment would have been in the EE montage on the BSA's? / This is me clinging on in delusionville.....:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This really more a speculative booking to be honest. I'm probably going but, you know, real life and shit.

Ah I see.
    Real life? :confused::p
    Syed did say 'I want to marry Christian' in January - when he pushed for the divorce. So a small mention then, that he still wants to / intends to. :)

Also, if they wanted to bury the idea of the CP - I don't think the proposal moment would have been in the EE montage on the BSA's? / This is me clinging on in delusionville.....:D

Yes, I had thought of that, but didn't count it as Chryed weren't together. But I do hope that is an indication that they haven't dropped it and we will get a mention when the divorce actually comes through.
    And....good point :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello
    I notice the thread has come to life a bit... Being pretty immobile at the moment (knocked my knee against a concrete bench this morning, and it's sooooore!!), I've spent most of my afternoon behind the computer getting some r/l stuff sorted.
    Anyway, was also catching up on some news stories. Don't know if any of you had heard about this happening in Belgium last week? Makes me so sad, and so angry. :(:mad:

The victim was a 32 year old Muslim of Morroccan descent, and his family were aware and accepting of his sexuality. They described him as a fantastic, loving, caring son..:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Unpopular Opinion Time but:

I kind of hope Chryed aren't engaged/thinking of getting married right now. Like, sure Syed gets the divorce with the view of potentially marrying Christian but hopefully more to send the message to Amira that it's over. Really over.

Then they should probably take a quick look at the assload of issues and personal conflicts they've got re: children, religion, sexual favours.

And I doubt they're engaged now because they split up during said engagement and trying to go back to how they were before isn't going to work.

I'd kind of like Chryed to be the one couple that actually takes a serious look at their relationship and their lives and tries to work things out before legally tying themselves together.

And that is my overly thought out ramble of the month. Until Friday, when I'm sure Christian will either incur my internet wrath (which will probably include me agreeing with Catsmeow), or I'll be all 'well that was anticlimatic'.

Also lol at my wish list This Is EE. Sort of like Sparta, but more clothed and vicious and with less hot men and plot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    BIB oooh, what could that be? :cool:

The event of the year outside of Chryed's wedding :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zoetjetoch wrote: »
    Hello
    I notice the thread has come to life a bit... Being pretty immobile at the moment (knocked my knee against a concrete bench this morning, and it's sooooore!!), I've spent most of my afternoon behind the computer getting some r/l stuff sorted.
    Anyway, was also catching up on some news stories. Don't know if any of you had heard about this happening in Belgium last week? Makes me so sad, and so angry. :(:mad:

The victim was a 32 year old Muslim of Morroccan descent, and his family were aware and accepting of his sexuality. They described him as a fantastic, loving, caring son.
    .:cry:

Oh that poor guy and his family, I did hear about it. So sad.
  • Options
    momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Unpopular Opinion Time but:

I kind of hope Chryed aren't engaged/thinking of getting married right now. Like, sure Syed gets the divorce with the view of potentially marrying Christian but hopefully more to send the message to Amira that it's over. Really over.

Then they should probably take a quick look at the assload of issues and personal conflicts they've got re: children, religion, sexual favours.

And I doubt they're engaged now because they split up during said engagement and trying to go back to how they were before isn't going to work.

I'd kind of like Chryed to be the one couple that actually takes a serious look at their relationship and their lives and tries to work things out before legally tying themselves together.

And that is my overly thought out ramble of the month. Until Friday, when I'm sure Christian will either incur my internet wrath (which will probably include me agreeing with Catsmeow), or I'll be all 'well that was anticlimatic'.

Also lol at my wish list This Is EE. Sort of like Sparta, but more clothed and vicious and with less hot men and plot.

Oh, I don't mind waiting a while for a CP, I actually think it's kind of nice that there's been a realistic timescale on them getting married. I know that's partially because of the divorce issue, but EE could have easily handwaved that and rushed them into it, so I like that they're not rushing into it. I do think they're engaged, though, definitely by now anyway, if not straight away- it's been four months since they got back together and most of the major issues that led to the break-up are no longer an issue, i.e. Amira hanging around Syed like a bad smell and refusing to grant a divorce, and Christian not being a part of the family or having access to Yasmin. So I definitely think they're engaged now, but they definitely shouldn't rush into marriage. I do think they went straight back to being engaged, though, because Syed said he wanted to marry Christian in January, and that was a lot of the purpose behind him getting a divorce, and they seemed pretty made-up and resolved 3 weeks after getting back together, but that's just my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good Evening All :D

Wow, we have been quiet this weekend haven't we - I'm sure it will be busier next week.

Zoetje - sorry about your knee.....another Chryedian bashing their knee on a concrete bench, Disney started a trend. :o Hope it stops hurting for you and no lasting damage was done. xxx :)

My cut hand from Thursday night only stopped hurting me today.

Thanks Starfish! Yeah, it's still sore, but it feels better than it did... I can walk, bend it, etc... and it doesn't look particularly swollen or anything... so there's hoping... Wait and see how I feel in the morning. FIngers crossed...

Funnily enough, Disney doing the same thing in Canterbury was about the first thing that popped into my head. She had a better excuse than me though... gawping at Marc... can't blame her for not paying attention.
    I was just .. stupid... :rolleyes:

Glad to hear your hand is feeling better at last. :)
  • Options
    elphaba7589elphaba7589 Posts: 74,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zoetjetoch wrote: »
    Hello

The victim was a 32 year old Muslim of Morroccan descent, and his family were aware and accepting of his sexuality. They described him as a fantastic, loving, caring son..:cry:

Gosh that's awful :( Hadn't heard about that :(

Hope your knee is better soon x
    Oh, I don't mind waiting a while for a CP, I actually think it's kind of nice that there's been a realistic timescale on them getting married. I know that's partially because of the divorce issue, but EE could have easily handwaved that and rushed them into it, so I like that they're not rushing into it. I do think they're engaged, though, definitely by now anyway, if not straight away- it's been four months since they got back together and most of the major issues that led to the break-up are no longer an issue, i.e. Amira hanging around Syed like a bad smell and refusing to grant a divorce, and Christian not being a part of the family or having access to Yasmin. So I definitely think they're engaged now, but they definitely shouldn't rush into marriage. I do think they went straight back to being engaged, though, because Syed said he wanted to marry Christian in January, and that was a lot of the purpose behind him getting a divorce, and they seemed pretty made-up and resolved 3 weeks after getting back together, but that's just my opinion.

Yeah I think they're engaged now too....in their hearts they always were anyway (soppy :sleep:) Part of me wants to see Syed propose to Christian though, just because it would be so adorkable! :D But then proposal eps were so good that another proposal probably couldn't top them! I don't mind waiting for a wedding either, I'm more interested in them getting decent screen time and a decent story!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I think they're engaged now too....in their hearts they always were anyway(soppy :sleep) Part of me wants to see Syed propose to Christian though, just because it would be so adorkable! :D But then proposal eps were so good that another proposal probably couldn't top them! I don't mind waiting for a wedding either, I'm more interested in them getting decent screen time and a decent story!

I sort of thought the point of the way they got back together was that Syed had finally put his foot down wrt to the divorce so that they could get married (obviously there was more to it than that, but that was the main motivation I'd say), and he'd opened up that future for them again. It'd be nice to have it confirmed, though.

Yeah, I'd happily trade a CP for consistent screentime and a half-decent storyline. One good episode would be nice and all, but it hardly makes up for the crap we've had to endure since October.
  • Options
    JoanneKJoanneK Posts: 25,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Chryed are still engaged - I do want an Autumn wedding now. No sign of anything big Masood wise happening in May and June/July will no doubt be Janine's wedding - then we have the Euro football and then EE is off to BBC2 for the duration of the Olympics. I would like a September wedding - gives them time to plan it properly (Chryed and TPTB - which means time to try and get the actresses who play Jane and their mum back) and it means that it (hopefully) won't be overshadowed by other people's weddings and other stuff (although no doubt, by the time Chryed get actual screen time again, Titney will announce they are engaged and decide to have a September wedding :rolleyes:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoanneK wrote: »
    I think Chryed are still engaged - I do want an Autumn wedding now. No sign of anything big Masood wise happening in May and June/July will no doubt be Janine's wedding - then we have the Euro football and then EE is off to BBC2 for the duration of the Olympics. I would like a September wedding - gives them time to plan it properly (Chryed and TPTB - which means time to try and get the actresses who play Jane and their mum back) and it means that it (hopefully) won't be overshadowed by other people's weddings and other stuff (although no doubt, by the time Chryed get actual screen time again, Titney will announce they are engaged and decide to have a September wedding :rolleyes:)

There's been a decent amount of filming for the Masoods and Chryed, though? And Johnny has said they've got a story coming up, so I'm thinking (okay, hoping) that June is going to be a decent Masood/Chryed month. I'm kind of bitter that May is looking desolate so far because I'm going to be pretty much housebound after my operation on Friday for a month, so I'd like something to do. Oh, well.

I want them to have a proper storyline before they get married, personally, that has nothing to do with their sexuality or relationship problems, but I think that might be impossible for EE to achieve. So a couple of months of storyline, then a CP? I guess September would suit me too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hm, I mean I wouldn't be pissed if they were engaged now, but I'd definitely be expecting a non-active engagement if that makes sense, like saying they're engaged but not planning a wedding or having a set date to get married by?

Marriage really shouldn't really be the thing they're focussing on now, there are potential settling issues with Yasmin ahead and much as they love each other they should probably give it a few more months at least before leaping in to planning a wedding, it'll give Zainab and Masood more time to get used to everything as well.

Otherwise I'm just worried about their life choices and also the EE writing.
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I think Chryed are still engaged too, certainly in their hearts they are.

But I would still love it if Syed proposes to Christian in a very Syed-like unromantic way when his divorce comes through :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hm, I mean I wouldn't be pissed if they were engaged now, but I'd definitely be expecting a non-active engagement if that makes sense, like saying they're engaged but not planning a wedding or having a set date to get married by?

Marriage really shouldn't really be the thing they're focussing on now, there are potential settling issues with Yasmin ahead and much as they love each other they should probably give it a few more months at least before leaping in to planning a wedding, it'll give Zainab and Masood more time to get used to everything as well.

Otherwise I'm just worried about their life choices and also the EE writing.

Yeah, that's what I think too. I think they're engaged, but they'll be at least waiting for the divorce to come through before they start with the marriage plans. It'd be an error to start with the marriage plans before they'd definitely got the divorce through because Amira is not exactly reliable on this front.

But, yeah, it shouldn't be their focus. I mean, Christian's actually a part of the Masoods now, sort of, and I think that's a much bigger deal than a wedding that they can't even have because Syed's still married. And I think the Yasmin situation needs time to settle before they get married, too. Like I said just before, I'd much rather have a proper storyline than a CP anyway, so if EE chose to focus on other things, I'd be very happy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Chryed, by EE's standards, have taken it incredibly slowly with this engagement :p And I would think they'd still be engaged, because Syed mentioned wanting to marry Christian in January, so obviously he is of the opinion that they're still engaged, and having them not-engaged would mean another proposal scene (not that I don't want one, but the last one was so perfect I'm not sure they'd do another one justice :D)

And - September wedding FTW. When it's still sunny. Preferably my birthday...it's a Friday :cool:
    The event of the year outside of Chryed's wedding :D

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's what I think too. I think they're engaged, but they'll be at least waiting for the divorce to come through before they start with the marriage plans. It'd be an error to start with the marriage plans before they'd definitely got the divorce through because Amira is not exactly reliable on this front.

But, yeah, it shouldn't be their focus. I mean, Christian's actually a part of the Masoods now, sort of, and I think that's a much bigger deal than a wedding that they can't even have because Syed's still married. And I think the Yasmin situation needs time to settle before they get married, too. Like I said just before, I'd much rather have a proper storyline than a CP anyway, so if EE chose to focus on other things, I'd be very happy.

I'd be pretty good with a businessy storyline for the rest of the year for Chryed, they could get involved with the rest of the Masoods and issues could be ironed out with the business for drama kicks. It wouldn't be a A storyline, barely even a B storyline. But it would be there, y'know. With character development and bonding and rainbows and flowers.

Saying this, sometimes a business is more of a commitment than a marriage.

ETA: BIB, because I forgot about that. I can't remember what I was going to say. Apart from getting your divorce through should probably be a sign to approach your next marriage with more care.

I think I'm on the offensive tonight. Feels good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But I would still love it if Syed proposes to Christian in a very Syed-like unromantic way when his divorce comes through :p

I'm imagining an engagement ring inside his divorce papers. And one candle. Which then blows out. :D

I wouldn't want another proposal, as such, but I'd really like an unromantic way of announcing to Christian that they can now officially get married.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re: wedding

Yasmin needs to be old enough to toddle, so she can be flower girl. :D

ETA: I have no idea of Muslims have flower girls.

ETA 2: They do now! ;)
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    I'm imagining an engagement ring inside his divorce papers. And one candle. Which then blows out. :D

I wouldn't want another proposal, as such, but I'd really like an unromantic way of announcing to Christian that they can now officially get married.

I love the idea of a ring inside the divorce papers :D and, yes, mustn't forget the candle!

oh bless Chryed and their unromantic ways!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be pretty good with a businessy storyline for the rest of the year for Chryed, they could get involved with the rest of the Masoods and issues could be ironed out with the business for drama kicks. It wouldn't be a A storyline, barely even a B storyline. But it would be there, y'know. With character development and bonding and rainbows and flowers.

Saying this, sometimes a business is more of a commitment than a marriage.

As long as the business wasn't the tat stall, I'd be totally game for this.

And A and B storylines tend to involve cheating, character assassination or both, so I'm quite happy to have a smaller storyline that quietly develops their characters and opens them up to the wider community instead of being stuck in their own little bubble.
This discussion has been closed.