Options

The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member
    Post on Matt's FB -
    Beautiful performance in the Hotel Cafe LA last night. Favourite song of the night, Amazing. Highlight of the night, meeting you and getting a big kiss :). Good luck with the rest if your time in the USA.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    soo happy Matt is doing well in LA! Hes going global!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Post on Matt's FB -
    Beautiful performance in the Hotel Cafe LA last night. Favourite song of the night, Amazing. Highlight of the night, meeting you and getting a big kiss :). Good luck with the rest if your time in the USA.

• Options
    piebaldladypiebaldlady Posts: 5,249
    Forum Member
    foxylox wrote: »
    So so thrilled to hear of a Mali Reunited gig in Highbarn...think I'll be throwing my name into that particular hat :D:D

How's everyone
    I love the accounts of Matt in LA...fair deuce,that was a good move, he needs to be heard all over the world!

Loving all the photos & twitpics & sightings of Matt...makes my heart sing..;);):cool:

Mountains can be climbed - you'll just have to swim the ocean if needed :D
  • Options
    LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    Do we know how many people were there at all?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linseyap wrote: »
    Do we know how many people were there at all?

Nope! We don't have any source that is chatting to us about it yet. The venue has a small capacity of around 160 odd and is mostly standing I think.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twitter exchange from earlier:

@julianvelard: All you UK people I am gigging with Matt Cardle tonight. Don't worry, I will ask him about Simon's man boobs.

@cardlescardie: @julianvelard @BrokenBromance Any news on the man boobs? I take it Matt was fabulous? #proudfan

@julianvelard: @cardlescardie @brokenbromance he looked great and was a gent about Simon's boobage.

@cardlescardie: @julianvelard @Thanks for the reply! I think "gent" sums him up. His fans in the UK love him to bits. Xx

Looooool!!! Love this:D

DenJ wrote: »
    Another tweet

Adam ‏ @EZV82
    Just had shots with Mr Matt Cardle in Hollywood. Random. Thoroughly good bloke and despite my original thoughts, he's amazing live

Another convert :D:D

This is SO great to see!: Thank You DenJ.:)
    foxylox wrote: »
    So so thrilled to hear of a Mali Reunited gig in Highbarn...think I'll be throwing my name into that particular hat :

How's everyone
    I love the accounts of Matt in LA...fair deuce,that was a good move, he needs to be heard all over the world!

Loving all the photos & twitpics & sightings of Matt...makes my heart sing..;);):cool:

Hi Foxy:)

It all seems to be going "Swimmingly":D

Thanks to all of you for putting up pics and these fantastic tweets from last night!!!!!! And NEW SONG:eek:
    He must be feeling on top of the world today!

Hope the highbarners have a wonderful time!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot to ask, Do we know if there were any press there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    meeeekatt wrote: »
    Forgot to ask, Do we know if there were any press there?

We don't know:confused: Beyond the tweets we know nothing:D:D One of the tweets posted last night on here did say review to follow so I shall await that with baited breath:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our Ella had a friend there:D

@matt_cardle_uk My friend text me to tell me that you were AMAZING!! I knew you would be!! Love u xxx
  • Options
    Linda ShawLinda Shaw Posts: 3,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our Ella had a friend there:D

@matt_cardle_uk My friend text me to tell me that you were AMAZING!! I knew you would be!! Love u xxx

Not sure how much info we'll get from her. Ella says she only went because she's(Ella) always talking about Matt and told her friend to go and see him. Here's hoping. :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We don't know:confused: Beyond the tweets we know nothing:D:D One of the tweets posted last night on here did say review to follow so I shall await that with baited breath:p

Hi BB :)

Yes I saw that :):)

I think its great that he is being "Introduced" to the US in this small, intimate way. This is Matt at his purest, No fake band, no backing track and no silly stylists!!

If it had been a bigger venue he might have been forced down the backing track route, and that wouldnt have been right at all.

Lets hope he gets offers of more gigs off the back of this ;)

A really good write up of his performance would be REALLY helpful!!

Have to go out , happy chatting!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    meeeekatt wrote: »
    Hi BB :)

Yes I saw that :):)

I think its great that he is being "Introduced" to the US in this small, intimate way. This is Matt at his purest, No fake band, no backing track and no silly stylists!!

If it had been a bigger venue he might have been forced down the backing track route, and that wouldnt have been right at all.

Lets hope he gets offers of more gigs off the back of this ;)

A really good write up of his performance would be REALLY helpful!!

Have to go out , happy chatting!:)

This is what we need to see. :):):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    More from Ella's friend, she only getting text messages

@Carlyn_Yap @BrokenBromance Friend text: He was mesmerizing. And we were so close. And I got a pic with him. And he remembered u

Nice that he remembered Ella:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From his FB just now

Matt Cardle
    Hey guys... last night was AMAZING!!! such a big turnout... I debuted a new song I've just written which went down really well. So excited... : ) xx

I hope he plays it during these UK fest's he's doing. Even just this one song, to tease us for a few months.

I'm so pleased that he went down a storm last night, not that we ever doubted him. I just knew he'd blow them away.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tweet

Matt Cardle ‏ @matt_cardle_uk
    At the hotel cafe, just a sneaky one, @willtalbot1 creeping with his camera xx http://yfrog.com/ocitycej
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just wish we had a little clip or something!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linseyap wrote: »
    I just wish we had a little clip or something!

I know, anything. A teaser or something. Just to hear a 'sound' of his.

Another Tweet, maybe he's in a Tweeting mood finally lol

Matt Cardle ‏ @matt_cardle_uk
    me and @willtalbot1 just rolled in our convertible hummer down west compton blvd, blasting the very best of enya lol The locals loved it!xx
  • Options
    eldracttameldracttam Posts: 2,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chosen, toasty and Den:eek: I think I love you all just a little bit more now:o Thank you so much for all the amazing sleuth work:D

Here Here ! Well done the three Amigos :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well we don't know for sure but...there is a post on his FB that says 'great to meet Matt, Chris and Will. I'm pretty sure that means Chris B. Now a gig at hotelcafe is a pretty big deal so to get that I think you need contacts do I'm pretty sure it was CB that was there. As someone I was chatting to in DM on twitter pointed out to me it is like its Will's first time in LA so I think to get the writers and stuff he's getting he needs someone with a fair bit of clout. If its the case and it is CB then it bodes brilliantly for the record labels commitment and it prob means they funded it as well.

Interesting info, Thanks DI Tilly:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ENYA :eek::eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eldracttam wrote: »
    ENYA :eek::eek:

Maybe they're in a contemplative mood. :cool::cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He posted the same thing on Facebook, unusual for him. I know I've said it before but I would like to see him tweet back to his fans more often, it's pretty much never :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris DeStefano ‏ @destefanomusic
    Amazing show from @matt_cardle_uk last night at Hotel Cafe.

This is one of the guys Matt was writing with:D:D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.