Options

The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• Options
    wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member
    evening all - just been sharing texts with Sam at Highbarn. Interesting snippet that you're all gonna be like to hear - won't steal her thunder obviously but thought I'd just come and tease you a bit:D:p

you might want to check back tomorrow:D

ETA nothing to do with last night's show or anything just general stuff
  • Options
    Linda ShawLinda Shaw Posts: 3,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    evening all - just been sharing texts with Sam at Highbarn. Interesting snippet that you're all gonna be like to hear - won't steal her thunder obviously but thought I'd just come and tease you a bit:D:p

Now I'm intrigued. :eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda Shaw wrote: »
    Now I'm intrigued. :eek::eek:

I wish it was tomorrow lol...what a tease:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris DeStefano
    @destefanomusic

2 incredible days. You guys kill it. “@LilEddieSERRANO: day #2 w/ these incredible geniuses @destefanomusic @matt_cardle_uk”
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:eek:you tease
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bluecandy5 wrote: »
    Chris DeStefano
    @destefanomusic

2 incredible days. You guys kill it. “@LilEddieSERRANO: day #2 w/ these incredible geniuses @destefanomusic @matt_cardle_uk”

That's an older tweet from about 4 days ago. Seeing as this guy was at Hotel Cafe I'm wondering if the new song is one that came about in their writing session.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Night night all, sweet dreams. :):sleep:
  • Options
    chosenturbochosenturbo Posts: 8,832
    Forum Member
    eldracttam wrote: »
    ENYA :eek::eek:

I'm highly sceptical of that tweet - pretty sure it comes from a movie or TV show :p

I have an idea of what this might be :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm highly sceptical of that tweet - pretty sure it comes from a movie or TV show :p

I have an idea of what this might be :D

Wish I did:confused::D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    Evening all :) Just catching up before bed as I've been out tonight

Great to get a couple of tweets from Matt. I wish we knew a bit more about the gig and still hopeful that some video footage will surface soon. We need to know more about the new song too

I have an idea what Wkd may be talking about but will wait until tomorrow to find out if I'm right :)

Really nice for Ella that Matt remembered her :)
  • Options
    tillysteeth1tillysteeth1 Posts: 5,771
    Forum Member

Aww he played river :cry:. And way to be. That's one cracking set. Would have loved to have witnessed that.
  • Options
    Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member

Beat me to it.:p just read it - lovely write-up. He seems to have crammed in a lot of songs for a 30 minute set. Interesting that the new song is "unfinished" - I wonder if that is how Matt described it, meaning that it could be different by the time it gets finished for the album. (Song is clearly about the split with Sarah).

Surprised and yet not surprised that he did Jolene and River. Surprised, as I thought he might want to only do his own music at a venue for singer/songwriters. But not surprised, as both songs showcase his voice beautifully and as a lot of the audience wouldn't know his work, it is easier to appreciate a voice when you are listening to a song you know than when you are trying to get to grips with a new tune as well as a new voice (hope that makes sense).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member

Thanks Toasted :) What a really lovely and complimentary review and what a great set list :D A good mix of the old, the new and two great covers which the audience would be more familiar with. I would have so loved to be there to hear Way to Be again and The River. No surprise that the new song is about a break-up :cry: We desperately need some video footage now!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Amazing review! Fantastic set list :eek:. Would love to hear 'river' live. Gorgeous song. No YTs Booooooooo :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tweeted the reviewer and told him we hope to hear the new tune. He replied with 'it's a great tune' really hope we get to hear this :(
  • Options
    moomin123moomin123 Posts: 2,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt's tweeted

Matt Cardle ‏ @matt_cardle_uk
    Iv got so bored of the conversation im on my phone, @willtalbot1 is even more bored he's taking photos of it lol, time to get to the bar xx

http://yfrog.com/oenp5qcj

:)
  • Options
    moomin123moomin123 Posts: 2,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's a really good write-up. He got loads in - brilliant that he did Way to Be again! Looks like it's getting to be a bit of a regular. Can't believe he did a new song - how exciting is that - hope he does it again at one of the upcoming gigs - although it may be he knew it was a safe environment to test it if they are really strict about filming. But fingers hugely crossed it pops up somewhere before too long.
  • Options
    CardlescardieCardlescardie Posts: 4,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moomin123 wrote: »
    Matt's tweeted

Matt Cardle ‏ @matt_cardle_uk
    Iv got so bored of the conversation im on my phone, @willtalbot1 is even more bored he's taking photos of it lol, time to get to the bar xx

http://yfrog.com/oenp5qcj

:)

Oh I love that picture! Flash of pants, guitar casually slung across his tum, but his eyes look so tired - he needs to get to bed!

Lovely day yesterday with fellow Matt fans - Highbarn looked wondrous as usual. Plenty of chat with Ali, Paul & Kate - will try & post a report sometime.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all.

What a great review about Matt's gig. He managed to cram a lot into a 30 minute set. Nice choice of songs too, Way To Be squeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Not really surprised at the new song being a ballad about a break up. He had to get it out his system I suppose. It'll be interesting to hear the lyrics. :(

The photo of him is beyond cute!!!! Way too early to say what I'm thinking but the little flash of white CKs made me smile. :o

Looking forward to hearing reports from the High Barn peeps, sounds like everyone had a fab time. :D
  • Options
    piebaldladypiebaldlady Posts: 5,249
    Forum Member
    GOOOOD MORNIIING !! :D

Its fair to say that the person who wrote that gig report "got" our guy, by that I mean understood where he was coming from with his music :D. As a showcase for his all round musical ability the set list is great....pines to hear a snippet of the new song, we all know the inspiration behind that one which is pretty sad but part of life with its twists n turns.

My other thought is thank god they just let him turn up as himself, not trussed up in a suit :)

WKD I feel you are pulling our tails there :P. what news from SAM?? :)

Hope all the gang had a great time at Highbarn, it was a lovely eve here an I was thinking of you guys :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://m.youtube.com/?reload=3&rdm=m2d6f02ri#/watch?v=xiU0s4ks8TU
    WWC thanks to mark on pips FB page
    :eek: so maybe ....
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning everyone hobbles on to the thread what a day yesterday at Highbarn. I can imagine what its going to be like when Matt and Ali perform there on the 30th of June. ;)

Fantastic reviews and tweets concerning Matt's performance.;)
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    GOOOOD MORNIIING !! :D

Its fair to say that the person who wrote that gig report "got" our guy, by that I mean understood where he was coming from with his music :D. As a showcase for his all round musical ability the set list is great....pines to hear a snippet of the new song, we all know the inspiration behind that one which is pretty sad but part of life with its twists n turns.

My other thought is thank god they just let him turn up as himself, not trussed up in a suit :)

WKD I feel you are pulling our tails there :P. what news from SAM?? :)

Hope all the gang had a great time at Highbarn, it was a lovely eve here an I was thinking of you guys :)

Morning Pie SAM has afive hour drive today to her home then for Ped who was with us yesterday too!!!!! Don't know if she will be up yet though. We had a fantastic time yesterday OH loved all of it and chatted with Ali, Lorenzo and Ben Smith who performed at around five. OH face smiles from ear to ear.
  • Options
    chosenturbochosenturbo Posts: 8,832
    Forum Member
    http://m.youtube.com/?reload=3&rdm=m2d6f02ri#/watch?v=xiU0s4ks8TU
    WWC thanks to mark on pips FB page
    :eek: so maybe ....

link doesn't work on the PC... but this one does!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiU0s4ks8TU&feature=youtu.be

:D:D:D
This discussion has been closed.