Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 34)

Comments

• Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Solid, if a little disappointing for BGT. I wonder if a few viewers didn't realise it was on? Good peak though.

Shockingly low for The Voice though! :eek:
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,686
    Forum Member
    What's that I hear? Oh, it's deafening silence from @Sam_Hodges.
  • Options
    fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soupnazi wrote: »
    The Voice UK Results 6.6m (30.3pc)

source: BARB/BDS

Oh dear.

Deserved I think, they dropped the ball after the blind auditions - although I guess some of the blame lies with the format as this has happened in other countries.

BGT didn't exactly set the world alight either. I've stopped watching as it is just so repetitive year on year.

Planet Earth performed very well, although from what I saw it wasn't very good and wasn't very live!
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a particularly great start for the live shows for BGT. I can only assume Planet Earth Live did well against it.

As for The Voice, bad rating and definitely in downward trajectory now. The peak would be interesting considering it started 10 minutes earlier the usual. But not a good sign that it fell not only under 8m, but under 7m too.

What's quite funny here though is that The Voice didn't even need to be on 10 minutes earlier last night, so BBC's own fault for last night's rating.
  • Options
    rztrzt Posts: 21,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BGT rating looks a little bit lower than what I would've expected for a first semi final. It is similar to how the non-Monday semi finals rated last year so we'll have to see tonight if the rating picks up to a similar level to last year's Monday episode.
  • Options
    soupnazisoupnazi Posts: 1,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Planet Earth Live 5.4m (22.1pc)
    Silent Witness 2.8m (10.9pc)

(BARB/BDS)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

(BARB/BDS)
    Thanks Soup Nazi. How did Countryfile (BBC1), All Star Family Fortunes (ITV1) and Who Wants To Be a Millionaire (ITV1) rate please? I wonder if Countryfile actually rated higher than The Voice UK.
  • Options
    xfactorfan27xfactorfan27 Posts: 1,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rzt wrote: »
    Last night #BGT was the highest rating programme in peak by more than 2m viewers - averaging 9.5m (9m ex+1) for the 2 hr live show.

Audience peak of 11.4m (10.7m ex +1) at 21.10 for the first #BGT live show on ITV1

Source: Jenny Cummins

Slightly disappointing for what was actually a very entertaining live show. I do think it will probably grow tonight though and that gives it a very solid base from which to build.

Terrible for The Voice and the BBC must be worried by that result particularly considering the scheduling to come. I must admit I watched the live shows this week but was busy for the results. I had no desire to catch up whatsoever though as the results show last week was just so dull and so I just found the result out on the Internet...
  • Options
    ScoreScore Posts: 17,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BGT rating looks a little bit lower than what I would've expected for a first semi final. It is similar to how the non-Monday semi finals rated last year so we'll have to see tonight if the rating picks up to a similar level to last year's Monday episode.

Yeah I'm a bit underwhelmed by it. Planet Earth Live did well against it but not well enough to have dented it. It being on last night wasn't massively promoted so perhaps that effected it a bit.

Haven't BBC1 pulled EE forward to 19:30 tonight? That'll dent BGT, but they should still be looking for it to do better than it did last night.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Soup Nazi. How did Countryfile (BBC1), All Star Family Fortunes (ITV1) and Who Wants To Be a Millionaire (ITV1) rate please? I wonder if Countryfile actually rated higher than The Voice UK.

BBC1
    Countryfile 5.0m (25.8pc)

ITV1 (inc +1 and HD)
    All Star Family Fortunes 3.5m (18.2pc)
    Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Britain's Got Talent Special 3.7m (17.0pc)

• Options
    Forum Member
    BBC1

ITV1 (inc +1 and HD)

Cheers for these. How about Once Upon a Time, 6pm, Channel 5?
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Great end for Homeland.
    Solid if unspectacular figure for BGT
    Poor for TV. Doesnt help that the results are on Twitter for most of the day
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See "Countryfile was down by 2 million, therefore so was The Voice" is an argument I'm afraid I don't really buy given that one of the programmes is dip in and dip out and the latter is one viewers are expected to watch every week.

Soupnazi, do we have a breakdown or peak for The Voice? Thank you for the ratings this morning. :)

@Sam_Hodges still silent...
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How does BGT's first live show compare to the same one last year?
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Dancc wrote: »

I do see Ch5's logic with this but sadly dont see this being above 900k
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »

Once Upon a Time 1.2m (6.6pc)

SOURCE: BARB/BDS
  • Options
    Forum Member

Not too shabby considering. Thanks mate.
  • Options
    fodg09fodg09 Posts: 3,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It must have a pretty strong following happy to chase around after it on the C5 schedule. That's a pretty strong showing for such an early slot.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Expected BGT to be above 10 million and Im not sure SC will be entirely pleased with that given they had their biggest awwww act the dancing dog.

The Voice worryingly is in freefall, nothing has replaced the hook of the auditions/battles, the worst thing is that the audience are starting not to be bothered who is ditched-which is still the biggest event about XF. Again the fact that its not live gives it a second rate feel and its audience is treating it as such.
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A cocked-up Sunday night from BBC1.
    THE VOICE UK RESULTS is pre-recorded when it should be live.
    PLANET dEARTH of LIVE material is live (the clue's in the title:rolleyes:) when it might as well have been pre-recorded as the only creatures we saw live last night were Richard Hammond, Julia Bradbury and a couple of blurry buffalos (via night vision cameras).

Good figure for PEL but I fear it may be down at SW levels by next Sunday as it's been given a kicking in forums because of the complete lack of live stuff.

Having said that, I'll probably still be watching by the end of the series. Maybe the BBC will get the message and take steps to correct the flaw. But if getting actual live pictures of animals is impractical, maybe they should have considered that when they were planning the programme.:(
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris1964 wrote: »
    Expected BGT to be above 10 million and Im not sure SC will be entirely pleased with that given they had their biggest awwww act the dancing dog.

The Voice worryingly is in freefall, nothing has replaced the hook of the auditions/battles, the worst thing is that the audience are starting not to be bothered who is ditched-which is still the biggest event about XF. Again the fact that its not live gives it a second rate feel and its audience is treating it as such.

The Voice has a few problems it needs to iron out for next years series. Will.I.Am needs to go as he is terrible at live TV. Bring in a second female judge. Another problem I think is that we know very little about the contestants. With X Factor they flog their back stories like a dead horse. For The Voice to survive needs to follow suit. Then there is the pre-recorded show which was a bad idea from the start. Next year it all needs to be kept to one evening. The final issue could be Holly although I have no problem with her myself but it seems others do cite her as a concern.

It seems last years first live episode of BGT got 11.87. Don't know if thats a peak or not but its down two million if so.

Edit. It appears that ^ is an official.
  • Options
    dave01dave01 Posts: 1,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BGT seemed to do OK last night, although 9m (exc +1) is a slightly on the low side for a Sunday night live show. It was a good show last night though so I think if it weren't for Eastenders it could see a rise tonight. Perhaps we will see a higher peak tonight instead.

Really concerned about The Voice though, it is seeing huge drops at the moment and with the very early start next week it could well see another.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Broadcast say The Voice got 6.53M (30.33%). And to top it all the BBCs twitter machine is broken again. I'm going to send a pigeon over to West London to see if I can help get a message out .......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently last years first live episode of BGT got 11.87. Don't know if thats a peak or not but its down two million if so.
    Last year's first BGT semi final, which was on a Monday, had 10.91m (+1: 370k] in the overnights. We'll probably get a better comparison for tonight's show which is in an identical slot to last year (albeit with EE airing 30-mins earlier). I suspect it'll be down y-o-y though if yesterday's rating is an indicator.
    BBC1

ITV1 (inc +1 and HD)

Thanks. I wonder if the Bank Holiday affected some ratings as Countryfile is quite a bit down on last week. ASFF did okay for a 6.15pm timeslot but WWTBAM should've rated better.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Voice has a few problems it needs to iron out for next years series.

Like Will.I.There Be a 2nd series for starters.............
This discussion has been closed.