Options

New Companion

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
Forum Member
Will JLC be (or be related to) someone from the Doctor's past?

Or will she be someone completely new and unusual.

Moffatt has said Jenna-Louise’s companion will be different to the others and is “going to be a shock”

crazy suggestions welcome aswell as practical ones!

I'll start....

She's the Rani...:D

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Also the following info is likely relevant...

“It’s not often the Doctor meets someone who can talk even faster than he does, but it’s about to happen. Jenna is going to lead him his merriest dance yet. And that’s all you’re getting for now. Who she’s playing, how the Doctor meets her, and even where he finds her, are all part of one of the biggest mysteries the Time Lord ever encounters. Even by the Doctor’s standards, this isn’t your usual boy meets girl.”

The BBC said the Doctor will meet Coleman’s character in a “dramatic turn of events as the show builds towards its enormous, climactic 50th anniversary year”.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    A few possibilities come to mind, she could be any of the following, or not ;)

The Twelfth Doctor!
    Jenny
    Melody Pond / River Song
    Donna Noble
    Romana
    Susan
    Pandora
    The Master

Hopefully she is someone completely new though :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I heard a rumour it could be a relative of a previous companion. (Ace)

total speculation at this point obviously though
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    She claims to be his grand-daughter. No, not that one, another one. On River's side.
  • Options
    Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    its all probably somthing of nothing.
    moffat gets even more over excited for no reason than RTD used to !
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    its all probably somthing of nothing.
    moffat gets even more over excited for no reason than RTD used to !

Superlatives sell. :)
  • Options
    VabosityVabosity Posts: 2,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eleya wrote: »

The Twelfth Doctor!
    Jenny
    Melody Pond / River Song
    Donna Noble
    Romana
    Susan
    Pandora
    The Master

It could also possibly be Susan's mother (his daughter or daughter-in-law) or Susan's grandmother (his first wife).
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could she be a companion from a different planet and have funny make up?:confused:
  • Options
    Stever7Stever7 Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Twelfth Doctor!
    Jenny
    Melody Pond / River Song
    Donna Noble
    Romana
    Susan
    Pandora
    The Master

Those two seem more likely, can't see it being MP/RS as there's too much of her at the moment and I'm sure SM realises it would be a massive overkill to have another form of her as the next companion.

Can't see it being Susan, The Master and definatly not the 12th Doctor! I don't know much about Pandora mind, other than her being a female Lord President on Gallifrey in Classic Who.

If it's Donna... I'd probably stop watching :P Half because it would involve a silly plot regarding that meta-crisis, but more importantly it would mean dragging her out of her happy ending and with a different actress.

So yeah, either Romanabanana or Jenny (although I'd prefer Jenny to return still being played by Georgia) :D

Ofcourse, like you said she could be someone completely new... but to me she would have to be an alien to be considered different. Here's hoping it's Jack's best mate's sister ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How about.... she's a Gallifreyan? Just like the Daleks had genetic bank set up to manufacture new Daleks, the Time Lords set up a few intradimenional pockets scattered where the Daleks wouldn't be able to track them. As a legacy, as an insurance policy - even if they get wiped out, the Gallifreyan race can continue.

Of course, as the Doctor is keen to tell us, being a Time Lord is so much more than just biology - so he takes on the responsibility to teach her the meaning of being a Time Lord and her true heritage, pushed along by his feelings of guilt. Of course, she rebels against this, and is smart enough to keep him on his toes.

It would be nice to have a proper mentor/student relationship going on, like Seven and Ace had.

Edit: or maybe they planted her aboard the TARDIS prior to the Time War?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about.... she's a Gallifreyan? Just like the Daleks had genetic bank set up to manufacture new Daleks, the Time Lords set up a few intradimenional pockets scattered where the Daleks wouldn't be able to track them. As a legacy, as an insurance policy - even if they get wiped out, the Gallifreyan race can continue.

Of course, as the Doctor is keen to tell us, being a Time Lord is so much more than just biology - so he takes on the responsibility to teach her the meaning of being a Time Lord and her true heritage, pushed along by his feelings of guilt. Of course, she rebels against this, and is smart enough to keep him on his toes.

It would be nice to have a proper mentor/student relationship going on, like Seven and Ace had.

Now THAT'S food for thought!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member

I think this could be the one that turns out to be right. Perhaps there are more time lords who don't know anything about being timelords. On the fields of trenzalore?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    my speculation is that she will be the daughter of the dr and river
    the scene at the end of a good man goes to war made me believe they are supposed to have a child together
    given that the doctor and river are temporally out of sync he could first meet his daughter at any age
    or it could just be the usual hype
  • Options
    Stever7Stever7 Posts: 1,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unit4plus2 wrote: »
    my speculation is that she will be the daughter of the dr and river
    the scene at the end of a good man goes to war made me believe they are supposed to have a child together
    given that the doctor and river are temporally out of sync he could first meet his daughter at any age
    or it could just be the usual hype

/ Susan's mum? ;)
  • Options
    FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Rose and Human Doctor's daughter from the parallel universe?
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

(Clicks on the "Like" button, as if this was a post on Facebook . . . )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    The Doctor's regeneration goes wrong, and as a result he develops a split personality and constantly swaps between the 11th Doctor and her. They have conversations and everything, she gets into trouble like they all do, etc.
  • Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe she's just an interesting character with an interesting backstory? I'm not sure why people are convinced there's some sort of gimmick connected to her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    Maybe she's just an interesting character with an interesting backstory? I'm not sure why people are convinced there's some sort of gimmick connected to her.

One man's gimmick is another man's interesting character hook...
  • Options
    ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Twelfth Doctor!
    Jenny
    Melody Pond / River Song
    Donna Noble
    Romana
    Susan
    Pandora
    The Master

It better not be Donna, I don't want her to return unless she is played by Catherin Tate.Same with River Song, Alex Kingston should always be the actress to play her. I would like to see it being Jenny though, I always liked the episode with her.
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's Amy and Rory's daughter....Oh...Never mind...
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »

Because we've watched Moffat stuff before?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because we've watched Moffat stuff before?

That should be an argument for exactly the opposite. Moffat delights in confounding expectations.
  • Options
    Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    She'll be some sort of crim. Not the ASBO variety. The con job sort.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That should be an argument for exactly the opposite. Moffat delights in confounding expectations.

Usually by using even more unlikely scenarios than any normal person could possibly expect. ;) (not necessarily a criticism, btw)