Options

what songs scared you when you were younger?

Comments

• Options
    meechyemoomeechyemoo Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    newplanet wrote: »
    Pink Floyd - Another brick in the wall.

Video = terrifying.

made me cry and worry about school.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    It's My Party - Barbara Gaskin and Dave Stewart.

Great version too (and reached number 1)
  • Options
    Press_EscPress_Esc Posts: 1,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rap scares me even to this day nevermind when I was younger. Its stupid how many people imitate this 'style' without ever thinking about it simply being a form of entertainment.
  • Options
    johnnybgoode83johnnybgoode83 Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Boyzone scared the bejesus out of me :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion absolutely terrified me when it first came out... I was only 4, mind.
    QUOTE]

That song is enough to terrify any music lover
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judy Collins' version of "Amazing Grace" :o, and it didn't help that TOTP made a weird montage video to go with it. :eek:
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Grace Jones used to scare me

Also There was a song by Enigma can't remember the name of it but it had people chanting and I think there were monks in the video, it was all a bit creepy. I remember my brother locking me in his room and making me watch that video on repeat haha, how mean.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "O Superman" by Laurie Anderson. Creepy...and I wasn't that young. :o
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    bbclassics wrote: »
    Grace Jones used to scare me

Also There was a song by Enigma can't remember the name of it but it had people chanting and I think there were monks in the video, it was all a bit creepy. I remember my brother locking me in his room and making me watch that video on repeat haha, how mean.

Sadness
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    The Prodigy's Firestarter and Eminem's Stan scared me, but that was mainly down to the videos and me being about 5...
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Sadness

That's the one
  • Options
    Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    Anyone Who Had A Heart - apart from the fact Cilla Black sang it, something about it reminded me of the Dr Who theme (well I was only 4 at the time) and I kept expecting Daleks to appear.
  • Options
    Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vandellis - Chariots Of Fire, ive no idea why, but it still gives me the shudders to this day!
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Reminded me - Cavatina (Theme from The Deer Hunter) charted in the early 80's too. Creepy
  • Options
    jamesisacejamesisace Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eminem - Stan: I was 8 when this came out and my older brother showed me the video and for weeks I couldn't sleep because I was worried a man named Stanley was going to kill me. I now apprecaite the song for the genius that it is now

Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On: A bit stupid I know but the clips of Titanic with people drowning in the video scared me
  • Options
    Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    When I was about 6 or 7 there was this trance track called "Shine" by Space Brothers and I remember it being on the radio in the car when we were driving home from somewhere late at night. It didn't scare me as such, just made me feel really lonely, and I remember having this weird 'deserted' and sad type feeling. I tracked it down a couple of years ago, and while I still got that melancholy feeling, I did realise that it was a great track with an epic hook.
  • Options
    SG-1SG-1 Posts: 16,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Hawkwind album 1971 I think.
    I was about 10,even the cover scared the crap out of me at the time.

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=3883
  • Options
    jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    "Theres a ghost in my house"
    Scared me silly when i first heard it in 1974
  • Options
    JillstarJillstar Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Shakespeare's sister - Stay, that video constantly scared the sh*t outta me when i was younger, sooooooooo creepy!
    clfan wrote: »
    Stay - Shakesperes's Sister

well the video scared me because my sister used to tell me it was a witch :o

So glad I'm not the only one who was scared by that song!:D
    I remember when I was younger and someone performed the song on 'Stars in their eyes' and I stayed out of the room while the song was on because I was scared of the scary woman in the middle of the song (who I now know is Siobhan Fahey from Bananarama).

I can understand why people would have been frightened of this song though - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VIqA3i2zQw . Did anyone hear Graham Norton play it on his radio 2 show a few months ago and he had to stop it half way through because it was annoying him so much! lol!:p
  • Options
    soransoran Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This song freaked me out a bit back in the day:

Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead

And this one was pretty spooky:

Godley and Creme - Under Your Thumb
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    "O Superman" by Laurie Anderson. Creepy...and I wasn't that young. :o

Me too.

The video for "Wild Boys" by Duran Duran used to scare me a bit, and a Peter Gabriel song from about the same time that had Spitting Image puppets in the video. The song sounded a bit like We're In The Army Now by Status Quo, but I might be remembering that completely wrong.
  • Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Sorry for the bump but hey, maybe people have new suggestions to this interesting topic!

I do!

I recently re-discovered "Fish Heads" by Barnes and Barnes.

Now its not the sped up bit that I dont like, its the throaty man singing the verses.

https://youtu.be/JKDtUzRIG6I

I know this thread is about what scared you as a child but Im talking about now- Im 33.

I didnt used to like Sparky's Magic Piano though

https://youtu.be/-DES_XNuNE4
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion absolutely terrified me when it first came out... I was only 4, mind.

JLS The Club Is Alive still gives me night terrrors now, aswell..

It scared me that so many people went out and purchased MHWGO !