Options

The Matt Cardle Appreciation Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt just hit 700,000:D

He has a lot of foreign followers too meee, if they have bought it it won't show up as a UK sale.

That's 150Thou + for a year ?
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    bluecandy5 wrote: »
    Bit of a PR game if you ask me. This Boston gig hasn't been 'out there' much as M Fest. That seems to be the one that's more advertised and he's not even a headline.

I think Boston are just trying to flog it a bit more... I'm sure that all will be OK. They wouldn't cancel this at all and risk a back lash.

I agree bluecandy smacks of that they needed to advertise it and they have. ;):D

He has a lot of foreign followers too meee, if they have bought it it won't show up as a UK sale.

Yippee 700,000 great way to go.;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gemma Gadd ‏ @standardgemma
    It's a bit of a farcical situation at this council licensing meeting for the Matt Cardle gig - the press have been temporarily chucked out.

What is the quota again (read that) ,is it 4 thousand or 6 ,
    My concern is did they sold enough tickets or not .
    Matt fans come on ,go all to that Boston gig.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a PR game if you ask me. This Boston gig hasn't been 'out there' much as M Fest. That seems to be the one that's more advertised and he's not even a headline.

I think Boston are just trying to flog it a bit more... I'm sure that all will be OK. They wouldn't cancel this at all and risk a back lash.

Or maybe they are finalizing how much the city council's cut.
    Money.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    megamatt wrote: »
    What is the quota again (read that) ,is it 4 thousand or 6 ,
    My concern is did they sold enough tickets or not .
    Matt fans come on ,go all to that Boston gig.

They were hoping to sell 4,000 tickets:D The venue has a capacity of 10,000. We don't know how many tickets they have sold but I'm certain they have sold a lot especially as the council meeting today about the license for the event seems focused on safety:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a quiet house we have this week:cry: Let's hope for some kind of news!

Okay if i have time and this house is quiet , i'll come and sing
    my hearts out in here with Matt's songs of course, the problem is i dont know all the lyrics.
    If someone could post all the lyrics of Matt's songs here , i'll be thrilled.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were hoping to sell 4,000 tickets:D The venue has a capacity of 10,000. We don't know how many tickets they have sold but I'm certain they have sold a lot especially as the council meeting today about the license for the event seems focused on safety:D

No problem then ,yay :)
    :D If that is their concern there's a possibility that they sold more ,yay again.
  • Options
    piebaldladypiebaldlady Posts: 5,249
    Forum Member

It would appear this way wouldn't it?
  • Options
    chosenturbochosenturbo Posts: 8,832
    Forum Member
    Okay if i have time and this house is quiet , i'll come and sing
    my hearts out in here with Matt's songs of course, the problem is i dont know all the lyrics.
    If someone could put all the lyrics of Matt's songs i'll be thrilled.

you could buy his CD if you don't have it yet - they're all in there ;):cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you could buy his CD if you don't have it yet - they're all in there ;):cool:

When i come to london during the Olympics.
    I will never buy a thing in the internet.

edit: oh yes i did trough itunes but its not my account ,where i
    cherry picked 5 songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt Cardle ‏ @matt_cardle_uk
    Night night all my beautiful people in the UK, can't wait to come back and see you xx

:):):)

And bring home with you the millions seller please :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah I see! I suppose illegal downloads wouldnt show up either would they, or is that a daft thing to say:o

Sorry I dont know much about all this:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    meeeekatt wrote: »
    Ah I see! I suppose illegal downloads wouldnt show up either would they, or is that a daft thing to say:o

Sorry I dont know much about all this:rolleyes:

I have a confession to make ,that i was tempted to do the downloading thing when someone on MF posted a link to
    download Matt's songs there, but i changed my mind , promise.:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry guys, hanging on a bit more by the looks of it

Gemma Gadd ‏ @standardgemma
    Four hours at the licensing meeting for the Matt Cardle gig and still no decision. See our Boston Standard website for update

(Just been on website and not updated just think,not that I can see)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time's up for me, sports time now , bye.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a confession to make ,that i was tempted to do the downloading thing when someone on MF posted a link to
    download Matt's songs there, but i changed my mind , promise.:o

Yea I believe you:D:D

I do really:) I cant see why anybody does that TBH its cheap enough to download legally.

What do you think of Matts pre XF music Megamatt? Darwyn and Sevensummers.? Sorry if you have already been asked, I do tend to miss things :o
  • Options
    superseasquirtsuperseasquirt Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone listen to Chris Moyles this morning? Will Smith was on and they asked him about his twitter account. He said he didn't have one but he knew about the fake one with all the philosophical stuff. So all the psycho babble Sarah had been quoting was from a fake Will Smith.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone listen to Chris Moyles this morning? Will Smith was on and they asked him about his twitter account. He said he didn't have one but he knew about the fake one with all the philosophical stuff. So all the psycho babble Sarah had been quoting was from a fake Will Smith.

Oh how interesting super just pleased matts Twitter is his.;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member

I don't think anyone thought it was the real Will did they? It's just meant to be a parody account... there are thousands of them out there, like the Katie Weasel one:rolleyes:

Hope everything's ok with the Boston gig :eek:

Congrats to Matt on reaching 700k followers :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think anyone thought it was the real Will did they? It's just meant to be a parody account... there are thousands of them out there, like the Katie Weasel one:rolleyes:

Hope everything's ok with the Boston gig :
    eek:

Congrats to Matt on reaching 700k followers :D

Don't worry toasty it will be. ;):D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Mfest is currently trending. 3rd on list :D
  • Options
    LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member

4000 seems a lot, there were nowhere near that many at his tour gigs and those were in cities which are easy to get to! Even taking into account the local interest I wouldn't expect that many.

I remember one point when she realised it was fake and her friends all went "er, duh". :p
    The Mfest is currently trending. 3rd on list :D

It seems to be something to do with winning tickets to see Cher.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linseyap wrote: »
    4000 seems a lot, there were nowhere near that many at his tour gigs and those were in cities which are easy to get to! Even taking into account the local interest I wouldn't expect that many.

I remember one point when she realised it was fake and her friends all went "er, duh". :p

haha..sorry, that's cruel. Ignore me

Yeah I know sadly... but a girl can dream and pretend it's for Matt :p:p
  • Options
    CardlescardieCardlescardie Posts: 4,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linseyap wrote: »

I would think plenty of locals will turn up on the day to see what the fuss is all about.
    Not sure where Boston in local to though *grabs road atlas*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Matt on reaching 700,000 followers. :D

His tweet last night gave me a lovely warm glow :o So sweet
This discussion has been closed.