Options

just visited KFC or kentucky as i know it

Comments

• Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    LifeisGood wrote: »
    I've not been back to my local KFC since I went to the drive through, and the person taking my order annoyed me, a lot!

I had my order all worked out in my head, including what drinks and sides with each meal, so it should have been easy if he'd let me finish my order without butting in, but the conversation went like this:

Him: Can I take your order?

Me: Yes, I'd like a fillet tow...

Him (interrupting me mid-word): Fillet Tower, is that a meal?

Me: yes and can I have spr.....

Him: what drink would you like?

Me: spite, and could I have some cole.....

Him: would you like any sides?

Me: coleslaw, and I would also like a original reci...

Him: is that everything?

Me: NO, can you let me finish!

I was getting peeved by this point. :mad: He didn't acknowlege my request to let me finish my order, and continued to interrupt for each of the three meals I ordered.

I'm sure this one just one individual and not all KFC staff are like that, but it has put me off going there.
    Why not just go at their pace?
    They have to go through this hundreds of times a day and while taking your order they have to key it into the machine.
  • Options
    paulmasterpaulmaster Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Had kfc sunday and 2day cant get enough finger licken chicken me
  • Options
    Beau_SoirBeau_Soir Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LifeisGood wrote: »
    I've not been back to my local KFC since I went to the drive through, and the person taking my order annoyed me, a lot!

I had my order all worked out in my head, including what drinks and sides with each meal, so it should have been easy if he'd let me finish my order without butting in, but the conversation went like this:

Him: Can I take your order?

Me: Yes, I'd like a fillet tow...

Him (interrupting me mid-word): Fillet Tower, is that a meal?

Me: yes and can I have spr.....

Him: what drink would you like?

Me: spite, and could I have some cole.....

Him: would you like any sides?

Me: coleslaw, and I would also like a original reci...

Him: is that everything?

Me: NO, can you let me finish!

I was getting peeved by this point. :mad: He didn't acknowlege my request to let me finish my order, and continued to interrupt for each of the three meals I ordered.

I'm sure this one just one individual and not all KFC staff are like that, but it has put me off going there.
    Sounds like drive thru may be too complicated for you. I feel sorry for the KFC staff having to deal with people with an attitude like you and the wizard.
  • Options
    route 101route 101 Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    I quite often have that problem they ask questions and rush you , i quite often forget something that i was to order .

I wish KFC would have there BQQ sauce in tubs.
  • Options
    a_c_g_ta_c_g_t Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will never eat at K.F.C again after 2 complaints one after another.

It's a rip off!!

Yes I know it's fast food what do you expect etc etc etc. But for £5+ I expected more for my money

They really are pushing the boundaries of the meaning of "Banquet" in their meal Boneless Banquet

A banquet (English: /ˈbæŋk.wɪt/, French: [bɑ̃.kɛ])* is a large meal or feast[1], **complete with main courses and desserts. It usually serves a purpose such as a charitable gathering, a ceremony, or a celebration, and is often preceded or followed by speeches in honour of someone.

* It fell down on this

** It fell down also on this

They did refund my money and I accepted graciously and walked out vowing never to darken their doors again after the 2nd strike out in a row from them
  • Options
    Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beau_Soir wrote: »
    Sounds like drive thru may be too complicated for you. I feel sorry for the KFC staff having to deal with people with an attitude like you and the wizard.

How do you deduce this? He clearly stated he knew his order and the guy wouldn't just let him give the order.

I can't see the issue here whatsoever.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    As Harry Hill says "You've got to have a system".
    The KFC system will be for the server to ask for a main meal, then side, then drink and after every answer key in the order to the till. Then repeat.

The server doesn't want to be stood there trying to remember an essay of an order. The customer would have been just as annoyed if after reciting their order if the server then asked them to repeat it because they lost account of it.
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Where was my attitude? I didn't offend or get funny with the staff. I'm merely saying I wasn't happy about the service in my local kfc. Not once did I have a go at anyone so how exactly was I being arsey? If anything it was them who were being awkward not me.
  • Options
    n1guyn1guy Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KFC I treat kind of like a snack, unless you buy a bucket there is nothing filling about it, certainly not the meals, Who said they were generous with the fries? The 4 fries that come with a bucket still aren't as big as 1 portion of chips from the chinese
  • Options
    route 101route 101 Posts: 320
    Forum Member
    Wow them Krush Ems give you brain Freeze !
  • Options
    PlatinumStevePlatinumSteve Posts: 4,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    n1guy wrote: »
    KFC I treat kind of like a snack, unless you buy a bucket there is nothing filling about it, certainly not the meals, Who said they were generous with the fries? The 4 fries that come with a bucket still aren't as big as 1 portion of chips from the chinese

I love that you guys get fries (hehehe chips) with Chinese food, when a friend told me that, I was like really? She said ohh yeah chips come with everything.
  • Options
    diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
    Forum Member

Are you a hopeful candidate for UK's fattest man when the current one dies? :D

Three pieces, large chips and gravy was more than enough to fill me up last time I went there - which is some time ago (years).

My chum who visits regularly, as in once a week, says they no longer do a swap of the Cola for gravy. And that they undercook the chips now.

Seems they've been taken over by another company or summat. ???
  • Options
    c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All their on the bone chicken is UK sourced and fresh. Maybe some of the fillet stuff comes from abroad.

I can vouch that the company who supply chicken to KFC are a customer of the company I work for, who are based on farms throughout the UK. They also supply chicken to a couple of the major supermarkets as whole birds and none of it is the free range variety. Just so you all know:D
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,356
    Forum Member

The Big Daddy Box Meal is pretty filling.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 57,356
    Forum Member
    I can vouch that the company who supply chicken to KFC are a customer of the company I work for, who are based on farms throughout the UK. They also supply chicken to a couple of the major supermarkets as whole birds and none of it is the free range variety. Just so you all know:D

Thanks for confirming.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would expect KFC to use free range chicken.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diablo wrote: »
    Seems they've been taken over by another company or summat. ???

AFAIK, they are a franchise so food is supplied centrally along with cooking instructions and equipment but its down to the local store as to how that specific store is run ?
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that you guys get fries (hehehe chips) with Chinese food, when a friend told me that, I was like really? She said ohh yeah chips come with everything.

I can assure you that not everyone does. I will never have chips with Chinese food, you have rice or noodles with Chinese. I don't understand why you'd have chips with Chinese. The same goes for those weirdos who have chips with an Indian. It's just wrong!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jambo_c wrote: »
    I can assure you that not everyone does. I will never have chips with Chinese food, you have rice or noodles with Chinese. I don't understand why you'd have chips with Chinese. The same goes for those weirdos who have chips with an Indian. It's just wrong!

I have chips with Indian and I'm Indian !

BTW, chips are also good for making curries with as well.
  • Options
    Beau_SoirBeau_Soir Posts: 1,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wizard wrote: »
    Where was my attitude? I didn't offend or get funny with the staff. I'm merely saying I wasn't happy about the service in my local kfc. Not once did I have a go at anyone so how exactly was I being arsey? If anything it was them who were being awkward not me.

Sorry, I as just recollecting something you said a couple of weeks ago on here where you acknowledged you moaned too much and you were therefore logging off the forums.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I as just recollecting something you said a couple of weeks ago on here where you acknowledged you moaned too much and you were therefore logging off the forums.

yeah, I won't take much notice. Go read a couple of his comments on advice thread for examples.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c4rv wrote: »
    I have chips with Indian and I'm Indian !

BTW, chips are also good for making curries with as well.

Really? I like potatoes as part of an Indian meal in the form of Bombay Potatoes or Aloo Chop but I just don't think chips go with it.

Everyone who I've ever known who have had chips with an Indian have been the types who go abroad on holiday and then find places that serve English food.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jambo_c wrote: »
    Really? I like potatoes as part of an Indian meal in the form of Bombay Potatoes or Aloo Chop but I just don't think chips go with it.

Everyone who I've ever known who have had chips with an Indian have been the types who go abroad on holiday and then find places that serve English food.

If we have chips left over from a previous meal then I don't have an issue currying them. Pretty much the same as potatoes but with less cooking time. Also my mrs makes a wicked curry / chip bake where the chips are cooked in a curry sauce in the oven.

And as mentioned, if I am having a wet curry then I don't mind chips instead of rice or breads.
  • Options
    sy278sy278 Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fries are the worst part of the KFC offerings, they taste like S*!£.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kfc in Malaysia taste amazing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sy278 wrote: »
    The fries are the worst part of the KFC offerings, they taste like S*!£.

That implies that they actually have some taste!

I find them tasteless but they're OK with a bit of salt and a lot of BBQ sauce or ketchup.