Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every club's wish list for Santa would have Pep at the top tbh.:p:cool:

Even Utd's :eek: Breaking news: Man Utd fans want SAF out and Pep in after losing out on premier league title :D
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Malbren wrote: »
    Even Utd's :eek: Breaking news: Man Utd fans want SAF out and Pep in after losing out on premier league title :D

Steady on. Let him have his break from football first then we'll talk.:D
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Guardiola has had about a week to rest. That's long enough.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guardiola has had about a week to rest. That's long enough.

No he hasn't!

He still has a game to go at managing Barca, they are in the Coppa Del Ray Final!
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,957
    Forum Member
    Malbren wrote: »
    That really shouldn't happen. It is the fans who can now tarnish this club if they behave in a manner unbefitting.

Any manager LFC appoint should be given the full backing of the supporters from his first day. I liked Kenny, very much, just the one niggle from me, but I've done that moan enough of late about his selecting players who did not deserve a start. I know on here i am in the minority probably but I'd like Rafa back but I can assure you if Martinez does become LFC boss he will get my backing from the off.

That is spot on and it's the reason I've been very open minded about alot of the names being mentioned. They all have their good points and bad points and I don't want to burden myself with the emotional or mental baggage of having a favourite or an "only man for the job" candidate who then doesn''t get the job.

Rafa isn't going to get it because FSG don't want him. Full stop.

AVB would be such a risky appointment for both parties. AVB's next job has to be the right one for him because if he cocks up again his career at top level management will be over. From the club's point of view, because of the atrocious way he was treated at Chelsea, Liverpool would be under pressure to give him more time and space to sort thigns out if it started to go wrong. And it could go wrong because AVB hasn't really proved himself at the highest level. Winning with Porto isn't really turning water into wine.

The same could be said of Martinez. Keeping Wigan in the PL is just about what could be expected. He hasn't done anything spectacular with them, but he's young, ambitious and hasn't had any disaters either.

Of the the other names mentioned Deschamps might be interesting to talk too, but I think he stillill really wants the Chelsea job.
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    No he hasn't!

He still has a game to go at managing Barca, they are in the Coppa Del Ray Final!

Pep is on a beach someplace relaxing.

I'm managing Barca for that final.
  • Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,957
    Forum Member
    Richie1001 wrote: »
    I know I will get hell for this...

But Owen will be available on a free this summer... Pay as you play deal anyone?

A view to being a 4th choice striker behind Suarez, Carroll and new guy?

I will now move back behind something big to hide...

No I wouldn't have him back, not even as a car park attendant.

If Michael runs true to form though I'll be expecting him to be spending most of next season on Everton's treatment table.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    taurus_67 wrote: »

If Michael runs true to form though I'll be expecting him to be spending most of next season on Everton's treatment table.

That's a great shout.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    taurus_67 wrote: »

That is brilliant fortune telling, love it! :D
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not sure martinez is right for liverpool. He`s a decent manager who has done great keeping wigan up and is a nice guy but since when did liverpool accept only decent and not world class. That said, if he does get the job then he`ll have my support and im sure other fans will say the same.
  • Options
    alan29alan29 Posts: 34,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be mighty embarrassing for Martinez if he doesn't get the job after all this fluffing up.
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm probably in the minority here but i think Martinez could be a decent Liverpool manager. He has an intelligent football brain and his sides play very attractive football. Allow him to play his systems utilising players of Liverpools calibre and we could see an improvement in fortunes on the pitch.

Of course, it could go the other way, the pressure could be too much and he might not even get the job anyway.

If he does i will support him just like Kenny Dalglish mentions in his latest statement.

""The fans will always, always stick with Liverpool Football Club and support the players and the team and the person that is to be the next manager of the club. That's the way these fans have been brought up and that's the way it should continue."
  • Options
    PictoPicto Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    It will be mighty embarrassing for Martinez if he doesn't get the job after all this fluffing up.

I blame Dave Whelan for blabbing to Sky. If he hadn't said anything this would have happened behind closed doors as the owners prefer things. Not like the previous regime where everything seemed to get leaked to the press.
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    Picto wrote: »
    I blame Dave Whelan for blabbing to Sky. If he hadn't said anything this would have happened behind closed doors as the owners prefer things. Not like the previous regime where everything seemed to get leaked to the press.

Yup - I agree. I'm personally not sold on him, but if he gets it he'll have my support.

But I agree, Whelan is entirely to blame for the leak. We approach in private and he does an interview about the conversation! Idiot.
  • Options
    AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SSN reporting Brendan Rogers has turned down the chance to speak to Liverpool.

Well that's embarassing
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    SSN reporting Brendan Rogers has turned down the chance to speak to Liverpool.

Well that's embarassing

I don’t think it is. I remember him saying he didn’t want the Chelsea job right now either.

If he doesn’t believe his ready yet then his right to stay at Swansea.

As I posted yesterday. The likes of Rafa and Capello do not fit the criteria. They are looking for young Manager’s.
  • Options
    SweetlikeheavenSweetlikeheaven Posts: 5,035
    Forum Member
    Yep Rodgers said the same about Chelsea "I want to build my career not destroy it"

I think he's made the right move to be honest. Pointless going to the interview if you don't think you're ready
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Remember all the talk about Owen? Well hey, have your smile for the day here > http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/owen-vows-to-continue-top-%C2%ADflight-sitting-2012051827615

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep Rodgers said the same about Chelsea "I want to build my career not destroy it"

I think he's made the right move to be honest. Pointless going to the interview if you don't think you're ready

It would be a bit like the Office Tea Boy becoming the MD - no disrespect, in fact far from it, I think he's got his head screwed on right there.
  • Options
    maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    Remember all the talk about Owen? Well hey, have your smile for the day here > http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/owen-vows-to-continue-top-%C2%ADflight-sitting-2012051827615

:D

Funny, but not as funny as their previous Football story:
    http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/england-fans-hit-by-opposite-of-fever-2012051727352
    England fans gripped by opposite of fever.

Meanwhile, the tournament has claimed its first managerial casualty as Kenny Dalglish has left Liverpool FC after failing to rid the England side of Liverpool players.

The smile-free galoot master had hoped to render everybody in the team unselectable for the national side, but England still go to Euro 2012 with the drag factor of four Liverpool players.

Dalglish said: “I’m actually from Buckinghamshire, I’ve always loved the England football team and I don’t want to see it cluttered with the likes of Henderson walking into things or Gerrard trying to launch the ball into geostationary orbit.

“I tried my best or worst, depending on how you look at it, but I don’t think anyone in their wildest dreams could have foreseen Downing being picked.”
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Obviously it's great for us because we know who the club are targetting, but I'm not sure I like how public this manager search is

Although, the club would have wanted to keep it as quiet as possible. That was never going to be the case with owners like Dave Whelan though

I just can't imagine John W Henry ever doing an interview on SSN if one of our managers or players had been approached. Just keep quiet and see what happens. No need to run to the media
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to SSN, Apparantly 12 candidates are being interview/lined up

Not sure if I believe that. Seems like too many.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    0rch1deam wrote: »
    It would be a bit like the Office Tea Boy becoming the MD - no disrespect, in fact far from it, I think he's got his head screwed on right there.
    Yep I think Roberto Martinez should have done the same to be honest

It's a massive step moving from Wigan to Liverpool

I think whoever is appointed will be given a long term contract and time to build something at the club, but I'm not sure if someone like Martinez would be given 100% support by the fans. How do you sack Kenny Dalglish and replace him with Roberto Martinez?
  • Options
    Richie1001Richie1001 Posts: 8,217
    Forum Member
    misawa97 wrote: »

SSN have no idea what's going on and so are just making things up!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Personally I would go for AVB. Young manager, who has more experience than simply fighting relegation and has the potential to be able to build something at the club. I'm sure we'd give him a lot more time than Chelsea too

or Rafa. Seems silly to not even consider him. What harm would it do the owners to interview him ?
    misawa97 wrote: »

Yeh 12 managers seems like a lot
This discussion has been closed.