Options

Where to go on holiday in Europe?

tinshedtinshed Posts: 483
Forum Member
10th June got a week free to go on holiday somewhere sunny.
Just after some ideas really, we usually go to Florida so were looking for somewhere that kind of offers a similar experience. We love theme parks lots of attractions basically somewhere not boring but at the same time not full of the usual larger louts.

Wont go to Tunisia or Turkey (i know there not european countries)again after dreadful experiences there once before.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    I've been to Hawaii, it's lovely.Great places to explore, snorkling, Pearl Harbour, The craters. Loads of markets etc.. I know it's not Europe.
    Austalia is a great place (Im Australian) - but it's coming up winter there now.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dubrovnik Croatia is beautiful if you want relaxing peace and quiet. Maybe the Costa Del Sol if you want somewhere more lively and for kids
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been to Hawaii, it's lovely.Great places to explore, snorkling, Pearl Harbour, The craters. Loads of markets etc.. I know it's not Europe.
    Austalia is a great place (Im Australian) - but it's coming up winter there now.

OP has a weeks break and you are seriously suggesting that try and go to Australia ?

OP - You said we, are you talking adults or kids as well, if so what ages ?

Have you got a budget ?

Personally I would look at south wales, plenty to do, amazing beaches, friendly people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    c4rv wrote: »
    OP has a weeks break and you are seriously suggesting that try and go to Australia ?

OP - You said we, are you talking adults or kids as well, if so what ages ?

Have you got a budget ?

Personally I would look at south wales, plenty to do, amazing beaches, friendly people.

Really looking towards mainland Europe hopefully with some scorching sun. 3 adults, not into the drinking culture.

Some where with plenty of sights, though we like the beach and pool we are not ones for lazing around all day.

Budgets not a problem just not thousands upon thousands.
  • Options
    c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinshed wrote: »
    Really looking towards mainland Europe hopefully with some scorching sun. 3 adults, not into the drinking culture.

Some where with plenty of sights, though we like the beach and pool we are not ones for lazing around all day.

I would look at south of france, lagar lout brits then to stay away and temp should be good.
  • Options
    Velvet GloveVelvet Glove Posts: 629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Algarve. There are waterparks past Faro, and you've got numerous beaches and restaurants to choose from.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lido de Jesolo on the Adriatic coast in Italy is lovely - was very warm when I was there but you get the sea breeze, and there are various water parks, go-kart tracks etc, plus it's not far from Venice (I think about an hour on the bus but I can't remember exactly).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Whilst Egypt is not Europe its meant to be fab, and has water parks etc, Dubai is another optin?
  • Options
    John259John259 Posts: 28,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we usually go to Florida
    Why not Florida again might I ask?

How about combining Florida with a road trip up to the Great Smoky Mountains and back so as to make for a very varied holiday?
  • Options
    myviewmyview Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    im shocked at the amount of people who dont know what is within Europe.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    John259 wrote: »
    Why not Florida again might I ask?

How about combining Florida with a road trip up to the Great Smoky Mountains and back so as to make for a very varied holiday?

Its only for 1 week, get there and its time to come home.
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lido de Jesolo on the Adriatic coast in Italy is lovely - was very warm when I was there but you get the sea breeze, and there are various water parks, go-kart tracks etc, plus it's not far from Venice (I think about an hour on the bus but I can't remember exactly).

I second that, mystical, lido di jesolo, is a lovely resort

Flat roads, easy to cycle, best way to get out and about and see the sights near by

I would also recommend, Cattolica, on the Adricatic coast, about 135 miles down from Venice.

As for the resort, very similar fell to lido di jesolo, go karts, aqua park, shallow sea, plus near by resorts, Rimini, Riccione, and san marino is near by
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myview wrote: »
    im shocked at the amount of people who dont know what is within Europe.
    Is that a state in the usa :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not Europe, but Egypt is warm, cheap and only 5 hours flight.
  • Options
    myviewmyview Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    roland rat wrote: »
    Is that a state in the usa :D:D:D

LOL....
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lindos in Rhodes or Ag Nik in Crete
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know a lot of people are going to Portugal this year (me included). It's one of the cheapest places in the Eurozone, it's a short flight and you don't even have to adjust your watches.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,446
    Forum Member

I second the vote for the South of France!

Maybe Monaco?
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    10th June got a week free to go on holiday somewhere sunny.
    Just after some ideas really, we usually go to Florida so were looking for somewhere that kind of offers a similar experience. We love theme parks lots of attractions basically somewhere not boring but at the same time not full of the usual larger louts.

Wont go to Tunisia or Turkey (i know there not european countries)again after dreadful experiences there once before.

Why not try Disneyland Paris?
  • Options
    DubDubDubDub Posts: 2,611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Give the Greeks yer money :) you should find a good deal too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thinking along the lines of Porteventura Theme Park near/in Salou anybody ever been?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why not try Disneyland Paris?

Went there many moons ago,by coach the journey was horrid.
    But throughly enjoyed the park.
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Algarve. There are waterparks past Faro, and you've got numerous beaches and restaurants to choose from.

Another vote for the Algarve.

Beautiful beaches,plenty of sightseeing to do . You can visit Cape St Vincent, the most south westerly point in Europe, Praia da Rocha is a lively resort, the fish restauruants of Portimao, there is a good water park etc.

You can even go on a trip to see the dolphins in their natural habit which I loved, and was special after seeing them in Sea World.

(and no I don't work for the Portuguese tourist board!)
  • Options
    cymrugirlcymrugirl Posts: 3,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Lindos in Rhodes or Ag Nik in Crete

Went to Rhodes a few weeks ago. Really lovely place. Rented a villa near Lindos and it's quite easy to drive around the island.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I second the vote for the South of France!

Maybe Monaco?

Monaco is an interesting place for a day trip if you are in the area to gawp at the yachts, cars and wealth on display - but I wouldn't stop there.