Options

The John James Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    nyannienyannie Posts: 8,536
    Forum Member
    Morning all. Grouchy this morning - did not have a good night's sleep. Too hot! Just been out to water my plants and do some weeding. Wish I could go back to sleep for an hour but the oven man is coming and by the time he leaves it will be too hot.

John is needed here NOW!!! Lindy has her migraine, my teeth need dental treatment, muggins can't remember punchlines and lover has gone AWOL. We all need cheering up!

I'm going to try and grab 15 minutes of shut-eye.

Night night. . . .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morning JJAT Hope you are feeling better Lindy I had one of those evil migraines on Friday once I'd thrown up I felt better..Hope everyone is well ..Back to work today ..boooooo!!
  • Options
    muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good morning :)
    Morning JJAT Hope you are feeling better Lindy I had one of those evil migraines on Friday once I'd thrown up I felt better..Hope everyone is well ..Back to work today ..boooooo!!

Well that's a positive spin on vomiting :p
  • Options
    georgyporgygeorgyporgy Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Good Morning JJat :D

the whole family are off to the dentist today :eek:

i've got that nervous feeling :o

hope lindy feels better today
    catch you all later
    Georgyx :p
  • Options
    augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    evening all ...now where are those jokes?

ive been invited to my cousins wedding at Eltham palace...in london...it sounds familiar but I cant place it? can anyone help?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Twitter is amazing...

• Options
    Forum Member
    Oh Alex...this is just too too funny

I havent read the article...but Josie is now A star in a van......

i do wonder who is following her....

:D:p:D

for anyone not on twitter.....Alex is following loads of vans...!!
  • Options
    Lindy_LoueLindy_Loue Posts: 9,874
    Forum Member
    Thanks for your good wishes guys :)
    Am just emerging from migraine (yes, a good vomit does help;)) and feeling a bit better.
    So, just now daughter phones....she's bringing 'the' boyfriend of 7-8 months' standing home tomorrow......she lives in London and we haven't met him before......
    Hope I feel okay tomorrow :eek::D:eek::D:eek:

Rooms to clean, shopping to do, Pimms to prepare , etc , etc :p

Hope everyone's okay and nyannie that you got over your tiredness this morning :)

Sleep tight all :sleep:

Lindy xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    augusta92 wrote: »
    evening all ...now where are those jokes?

ive been invited to my cousins wedding at Eltham palace...in london...it sounds familiar but I cant place it? can anyone help?

Hi Augusta
    Eltham Palace is in Southeast London - one of the southeastern boroughs you don't hear much about. Eltham Palace was one of Henry VIII's creations and there is a NT house owned by some millionaire which is the Art Deco ideal. Does this help?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Morning all.

Glad to see you are feeling better Lindy. Do not overdo it - no one cares if there a room isn't spotless. People come to see YOU not your house.

Hope you got on well at the dentist georgy. I have to see mine on Monday. Dreading it as I think I do have a problem.

There is a lovely breeze at the moment and it seems cooler.

Any news of anyone we know from Oz? Have a good day everyone.
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we have so many different forms of communication....here, twitter, facebook etc.....its quite incredible how different people are in different places?, and how differently they sound in different places...on here someone says something, and it sounds fine, and then you look on twitter and they are saying something very different?

It makes me realise how hard it is to actually know anyone? I do try hard to be pretty consistent, but im sure there are times im not.....

There are so many loys meet ups, and presumably joint and solo friends meet ups..that there is something pretty special that comes from being a John or josie supporter...which is the positive part of things that i really like....

but then again...there are some negatives attached to it all....:(..

I do agree with how the different sites have different styles of posting.Different ATs have different characters as well.Trying to know people augusta is an impossible task.I gave up on it years ago I deal with people as they come.
  • Options
    Lena JLena J Posts: 2,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all my lovely JJAT friends, what wonderful weather we're having. It makes me all smilie :) even though I still have the pain in my b*m (no not my hubby, the sciatica) and down my leg. :(

Just realised it's over a week since I've posted, so slap wrists for me. :eek: So what news?

Yes Alex I'm a huge Arsenal fan ever since I was introduced to footie by my favourite Uncle when they did the double way back in 1971. Sat in front of their huge colour tv with a red and white rosette the size of a dinner plate while my Uncle taught me all about the offside rule, never looked back after that. :p

And no I don't want Arsene Wenger going anywhere, but I would like to see him bring back the greatest defender of all time, Tony Adams to teach our back four how to flipping defend!!!

Ooh augusta a garden pond! My dear old Dad loved his pond but the maintenance is :eek: and before you know where you are it's full of tadpoles and frogs that leap out when you're least expecting it! My sis and I bought him a ghost carp which he was so proud of and was growing beautifully until he was cleaning the pond out one day, put the fish in buckets while he was doing it but it was too big so he pinched my Mum's washing up bowl and stuck it in that. :o When his back was turned a seagull swooped down and pinched it!! :(

To all the 'sicklies' amongst us hope you're all feeling better now. Nyannie and her hay fever, georgy and her cold and Lindy and Elle with their migraines and anyone else I've missed.

Celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary last Saturday. Lovely big bouquet of pink lillies and carnations arrived from his nibs, and the most heavenly perfume has filled the house all week. Snipped off three lily heads today but otherwise they're still going strong.

While I love my huge picture windows that let in lots of lovely light the downside is they also store up lots of sunshine which has turned our little home into a hothouse! Even worse our bedrooms face west so the sun is full on all afternoon until it dips behind the downs around 7pm. It's like sleeping in a sauna and it's not helped by a hubby who spreads himself all over the bed. :( Thankfully there's a lovely sea breeze blowing today so should sleep better tonight.

Thanks for posting all the links to the 'magazine articles' of John, had a right old giggle at those. I remember some of them but there are some I've never seen before.:D

Also thanks Alex for the instalments of Mood indigo, forgot just how funny they were, and in hindsight maybe nearer the truth than we thought.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    nyannie wrote: »
    Hi Augusta
    Eltham Palace is in Southeast London - one of the southeastern boroughs you don't hear much about. Eltham Palace was one of Henry VIII's creations and there is a NT house owned by some millionaire which is the Art Deco ideal. Does this help?

it helps a lot ...thank you....I knew it sounded kind of familar..:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    evening all

yes birds raiding ponds can be a real pain..........I remember how a heron raided our garden ponds when we were kids...and ate half the fish........very sad...

i hope everyone gets on at the dentist ok...........
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Alex...this is just too too funny

I havent read the article...but Josie is now A star in a van......

i do wonder who is following her....

:D:p:D

for anyone not on twitter.....Alex is following loads of vans...!!

Lmao, I didn't see the article until you pointed it out Augusta, thanks. :eek:
    Reckon Josie and I should work together in the van business . . . . let's face it her boyfriend can never have too many vans at his disposal! :D
    Wonder what John's mode of transport should be - perhaps a horse and cart, in honour of the C5 docu and the "Young Steptoe" epithet that Mood Indigo gave him! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hello jjat :D

Good Morning :p

What wonderful weather we are having :D

hope all are well :p

i think i shall do some sunbathing :D
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone on the JJAT.Finally I won an Award for being 'inspirational' lol.I dont think John James and Alex can argue about that ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good morning; there's a breeze, yay :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done on the award Ucra :)
  • Options
    ellemayellemay Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »
    Hi everyone on the JJAT.Finally I won an Award for being 'inspirational' lol.I dont think John James and Alex can argue about that ;)

Congratulations Ucra really pleased for you.

John James made the top ten on the main forum Big Brother Hotness Ranking 2012.

• Options
    GiddykipperGiddykipper Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    ellemay wrote: »

:D But he's really in the top one...:p

Have to apologise - I join you, get a lovely warm welcome - and then bugger off :eek:
    Haven't had internet access for a few days - been missing you all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D But he's really in the top one...:p

Have to apologise - I join you, get a lovely warm welcome - and then bugger off :eek:
    Haven't had internet access for a few days - been missing you all.

We nearly sent out
    a search party with
    fishing rods to find you Giddykipper :D

pleased you have access
    again :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ellemay wrote: »

Yesssssssssss

i didn't know about it :o
    but
    he would of got my vote :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ucra girl wrote: »

well done
    what a splendid award to win ucra :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    afternoon all...

are we all ready to watch and enjoy eurovision?

well done to John for his award...

and if you havent read it....I can recommend highly ....the Hunger games.....its brilliant...and all about watching a game show......so highly relevant to us BB watchers !!!

I picked it up and have been glued to my book all day...and only came onto the computer to order the next couple of books in the trilogy......... isnt Amazon a wonderful thing....

talk later

love m xx
This discussion has been closed.