Options

UK Fattest Girl (Front of house knocked down to remove her )

Comments

• Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Toni78 wrote: »
    I said earlier that I thought she was suffering from stupidity.

The following line in that article:
    pretty much confirms it.

She weighs 60 stone, has symptoms of heart disease, kidney failure and no doubt high blood pressure and she thinks becoming a chain smoker is the way forward. She really does need saving from herself.
    Tying to dull her appetite does not make her stupid.
  • Options
    Toni78Toni78 Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    You didn't specify 13,000 calories a day.

Why would I need to? You stated that "I have always been able to eat anything I like. So do my daughters and my mother. None of us put on any weight.
    "

So your statement includes 13,000 calories a day.

Are you now retracting your claim that you can eat anything and never gain weight?
  • Options
    Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    I said earlier that I thought she was suffering from stupidity.

The following line in that article:

pretty much confirms it.

She weighs 60 stone, has symptoms of heart disease, kidney failure and no doubt high blood pressure and she thinks becoming a chain smoker is the way forward. She really does need saving from herself.

How very sad that you read an article where a young girl who it seems has never had a normal life, pours her heart out and voices her fears, and go through it to find the one line that you think will score you a point by proving your diagnosis of stupidity right.

I shan't be answering any more of your posts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why would I need to? You stated that "I have always been able to eat anything I like. So do my daughters and my mother. None of us put on any weight.
    "

So your statement includes 13,000 calories a day.

Are you now retracting your claim that you can eat anything and never gain weight?

No, I am not retracting my claim. I can eat anything I like and not put on weight.
  • Options
    Teddybear99Teddybear99 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    Tying to dull her appetite does not make her stupid.

Exactly, I found that to be heart-breaking that her addiction was so strong that smoking was an attempt to regulate her appetite by herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How very sad that you read an article where a young girl who it seems has never had a normal life, pours her heart out and voices her fears, and go through it to find the one line that you think will score you a point by proving your diagnosis of stupidity right.

I shan't be answering any more of your posts.

Quitting while behind is probably for the best.

By the way, I have every sympathy with the girl in question, especially having seen the documentary about her, but she needs to take responsibility for herself. While she, and other people, are blaming everything but her, she will never get better.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, I am not retracting my claim. I can eat anything I like and not put on weight.

But you can't eat 13,000 calories as you just admitted. So therefore you can't eat anything and not put on weight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But you can't eat 13,000 calories as you just admitted. So therefore you can't eat anything and not put on weight.

I can eat anything I like and not put on weight. That's what I said. I've never tried eating 13,000 calories so I wouldn't claim to be able to eat that amount without putting on weight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can eat anything I like and not put on weight. That's what I said. I've never tried eating 13,000 calories so I wouldn't claim to be able to eat that amount without putting on weight.

But the set of any food includes the subset of 13,000 calories of food. So you cannot eat anything you like and not put on weight. That is simply how it is. Sorry about that.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    When does "stupid, lazy and greedy" become "suffering from an eating disorder"?

I stone overweight? 10? 20?

Is no one greedy any more, or self-pitying, or manipulative?

Are we not to think of anybody as choosing a way of life which is bad for them, but always to see people as victims of circumstance?

I think that's patronising.

There isn't a particular weight limit. Eating disorders don't correlate perfectly to weight- most very thin people aren't anorexic, and most very fat people aren't compulsive overeaters (although I'd hazard a guess that it's a smaller majority who aren't). An eating disorder is to do with behaviour, not how someone looks.

However, this girl is immobile at the age of 19. No 19 year old would want to be unable to leave their house, so it's fair to assume that something's causing Georgia to prioritise food over independence. Also, the fact that she made an effort to lose weight (showing that she does want to), but then ended up on 13,000 calories a day, in a manner very remiscient of an alcoholic falling off the wagon, indicates a severe case of compulsive overeating.

Plus the fact that she's admitted to having no control around food, and having depression, and having a stressful life and what have you.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But the set of any food includes the subset of 13,000 calories of food. So you cannot eat anything you like and not put on weight. That is simply how it is. Sorry about that.:D
    Incorrect. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I assure you that you can't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Eurytus wrote: »
    I assure you that you can't.
    Read previous replies.
  • Options
    jaycee331jaycee331 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nice contradiction :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read previous replies.
    Already have, they were nonsense.
  • Options
    StressMonkeyStressMonkey Posts: 13,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quitting while behind is probably for the best.

By the way, I have every sympathy with the girl in question, especially having seen the documentary about her, but she needs to take responsibility for herself. While she, and other people, are blaming everything but her, she will never get better.

Having an illness, mental, eating order or otherwise, does not negate taking responsibility for oneself. It just means you need some additional, professional help.

If you contract a disease such as diabetes you would need to follow a diet and possibly medication regime as directed by a health care professional. The diabetes may be a result of genetics or lifestyle, or a combination of the two but regardless of how you came to contract it, you need to take responsibility to care for your self and you need to have the tools to do so.

In Georgia's case, it would seem she has an eating disorder - while there may not be a medical diagnosis released by her doctors (as is proper) she certainly ticks a far few boxes on the diagnostic criteria! As such, yes she does need to take responsibility for her health in as much as she needs seek and comply with help given - but the help that proves most helpful might be psychological to help her take responsibility rather than having responsibility for her diet taken away again - as it was in the USA.

She was raised on sugar and fat by a mother who seems to have no real interest in helping her daughter lead a normal life, a mother that it would seem Georgia has developed a co-dependant relationship with, using food in a unhealthy, controlling way.

After years of that kind of behavioural model and nothing else to counter, It would take a lot of work and a lot more inner resource than many people have on their own to break free from.

There is an amount of 'guesswork' in my post. But if we can assume someone seriously underweight who refuses to eat has an illness, I think we can also assume that someone this seriously overweight and won't stop eating has an illness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jaycee331 wrote: »
    Nice contradiction :D
    You missed a bit when you highlighted. The words "I like".
    Already have, they were nonsense.
    No, they were not. You may not agree but they were not nonsense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Having an illness, mental, eating order or otherwise, does not negate taking responsibility for oneself. It just means you need some additional, professional help.

If you contract a disease such as diabetes you would need to follow a diet and possibly medication regime as directed by a health care professional. The diabetes may be a result of genetics or lifestyle, or a combination of the two but regardless of how you came to contract it, you need to take responsibility to care for your self and you need to have the tools to do so.

In Georgia's case, it would seem she has an eating disorder - while there may not be a medical diagnosis released by her doctors (as is proper) she certainly ticks a far few boxes on the diagnostic criteria! As such, yes she does need to take responsibility for her health in as much as she needs seek and comply with help given - but the help that proves most helpful might be psychological to help her take responsibility rather than having responsibility for her diet taken away again - as it was in the USA.

She was raised on sugar and fat by a mother who seems to have no real interest in helping her daughter lead a normal life, a mother that it would seem Georgia has developed a co-dependant relationship with, using food in a unhealthy, controlling way.

After years of that kind of behavioural model and nothing else to counter, It would take a lot of work and a lot more inner resource than many people have on their own to break free from.

There is an amount of 'guesswork' in my post. But if we can assume someone seriously underweight who refuses to eat has an illness, I think we can also assume that someone this seriously overweight and won't stop eating has an illness.

Then let's assume any unusual behaviour is an illness.

The problem is that Georgia came home from america and she apparently had a trainer and a gym membership but she says she stopped going because the distance to the end of her road was too long. That isn't an illness, it is out and out lazy excuse-making.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, they were not. You may not agree but they were not nonsense.
    Whether I agree or not is irrelevant since your position is unfactual nonsense.
    You responded to a post demanding to be shown people who find it impossible to gain weight with the comment that you are one such person.
    I assure you that you are not.
  • Options
    CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My heart goes out to this young Woman. She's obviously had a rotten life of it and at the tender age of 19:(

I hope she gets all the help she needs. I for one don't mind if my taxes are going towards keeping her alive to at least lead a 'life' when she can. It's heartbreaking:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Whether I agree or not is irrelevant since your position is unfactual nonsense.
    You responded to a post demanding to be shown people who find it impossible to gain weight with the comment that you are one such person.
    I assure you that you are not.

What I said was factually correct and I can repeat it all night. I can eat anything I LIKE and not put on weight. I clarified the I LIKE bit in another post, to Toni78. Perhaps I could have explained better. However, it's still correct.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I said was factually correct and I can repeat it all night. I can eat anything I LIKE and not put on weight. I clarified the I LIKE bit in another post, to Toni78. Perhaps I could have explained better. However, it's still correct.

In which case your comment was a complete and utter irrelevance having nothing whatsoever to do with the post you were responding to.

So which is it?
    Incorrect or irrelevant?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Backtracking won't cover it.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    In which case your comment was a complete and utter irrelevance having nothing whatsoever to do with the post you were responding to.

So which is it?
    Incorrect or irrelevant?

There is a 3rd option that begins with T.
  • Options
    Forum Member

So which is it?
    Incorrect or irrelevant?
    Neither. It may not have been exactly what was required, but that does not make it irrelevant, and it certainly wasn't incorrect.
    Backtracking won't cover it.:D
    Which is why I don't do it. The post seemed clear to me.