Options

A First on YBF

penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,911
Forum Member
✭✭
Is odious Adam the first candidate to be even more dislikeable on YBF than he was in the programme? Thought he made a total prat of himself tonight with his self-satisfied 'I'm the main man' stance. As usual, he totally misjudged everything.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    Yeah but he's endearing because he's such a burke, you have to love him
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah but he's endearing because he's such a burke, you have to love him

I thought that for a while and then I came to the conclusion that he's actually quite a nasty piece of work.
  • Options
    slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although his performances improved, he always struck me as a bit of (OK, a lot of) a misogynistic dinosaur. Not someone I'd want to work with at all.
  • Options
    Rotsea RoverRotsea Rover Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he came across quite well. Far better than Katie Hopkins did when she was on
  • Options
    Friday's childFriday's child Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    Is odious Adam the first candidate to be even more dislikeable on YBF than he was in the programme?

That is exactly what my husband said immediately the programme finished, and I totally agreed with him. The sort of guy who gives Neanderthals a bad name.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disliked him to begin with, but not for the past few weeks. I'm still not his biggest fan, but at least he says what he means. :)
  • Options
    PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is odious Adam the first candidate to be even more dislikeable on YBF than he was in the programme? Thought he made a total prat of himself tonight with his self-satisfied 'I'm the main man' stance. As usual, he totally misjudged everything.

Completely agree. I could'nt believe what I was seeing. I've seen every YBF and usually candidates, even those you dislike, have something about them that you can warm to on YBF. Adam came across as a completely odious character who takes himself far too seriously and is seriously deluded about what he's capable of doing.

He should have gone ages ago.
  • Options
    EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed this too. Usually I am impressed with how pleasant and nice the candidates are on YBF, in many cases more so than they were on the actual show. It's leaves things on a good note, I feel, and they get a round of applause and there are no hard feelings.
    Adam did not come across well, full of his own bravado, BS and still bad mouthing the others. I think he is deluded and his 15 minutes of fame has gone to his head.
    Ruby Wax picked up on, she certainly didn't like him.
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enidan wrote: »
    Ruby Wax picked up on, she certainly didn't like him.

I've never seen a panel member overtly disliking the candidate the way she did. Usually there's some good-natured ribbing and some "you're a nice chap but... " criticism but that was in a different league.
  • Options
    huddiepuddieshuddiepuddies Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Inkblot wrote: »
    I've never seen a panel member overtly disliking the candidate the way she did. Usually there's some good-natured ribbing and some "you're a nice chap but... " criticism but that was in a different league.

Ruby Wax has previous but I can't remember the candidate. It was as bad, if not worse, than with Adam.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Ruby Wax has previous but I can't remember the candidate. It was as bad, if not worse, than with Adam.

Was it Stuart Baggs?
  • Options
    Marmite BabyMarmite Baby Posts: 3,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One minute he's making me laugh, the next minute as a bloke, I'm appalled by his neanderthal comments towards women. One of the densest candidates there's ever been on the show.
  • Options
    Nocturnal MumNocturnal Mum Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ruby Wax is a disgrace. There was something very uncomfortable about her behaviour last night and I reckon she came across far worse than Adam.
  • Options
    Stone_JonesStone_Jones Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    YF distorted the Jade/Adam relationship.

Earlier on in the YF series they clearly showed Adam and Jade *getting on*. They made a point of this, they ran a video clip showing them being friendly, so it was a bit misleading to present Adam clearly disliking Jade when they had previously established he had got over his initial dislike of her!

It's also worth noting Adam didn't argue with any of Jade's suggestions regarding the choice and name of the cholocates. Further proof he didn't dislike her or her judgement. He tolerated her unlike earlier on in the series when he couldn't bear to be near her.

As for Ruby Wax - strange woman. She seemed obsessed with Adam's personality rather than his abilities! :D She was going on about "who is the real Adam?" I think she lost the plot a bit!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 76
    Forum Member
    One minute he's making me laugh, the next minute as a bloke, I'm appalled by his neanderthal comments towards women. One of the densest candidates there's ever been on the show.

I'm not his biggest fan, but at least he wasn't a constant douchebag, unlike Michael in S4 or Philip in S5. And I can easily imagine him as quite successful in what he does, which is more than I can say about the other two I mentioned....
    Ruby Wax is a disgrace. There was something very uncomfortable about her behaviour last night and I reckon she came across far worse than Adam.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that she was a disgrace, but I felt uncomfortable watching it too, to be honest, even if Adam disappointed me slightly in YF as well - thought he would have had a bit more humility and self-depreciating humor. And his constant attacks on Jade were tiring and, based on what we were shown, unwarranted
  • Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    thought he was brilliant on your fired, put ruby wax a supposed comedian to shame thats clearly why she was having a go at him as he was funnier than her.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he was great on YF... until I realised MacKenzie was on it, and then I switched off. So basically I only lasted 5/10 minutes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Agreed, I actually ended up disliking him more and usually I soften towards them 'out of the process'.

There's nothing wrong with being self confident, especially in business, but Adam is delusional when it comes to his abilities and personality. Speaking your mind and saying what you think is fine, but when there's no thought or consideration behind it for the wider implications, it's just nonsense and ends up causing problems between colleagues.

The fact he doesn't grasp the value of clear planning and the bigger picture was highlighted perfectly when Nick raised the term 'strategy' in the boardroom, as well as when he downplayed the value of marketing etc - the only thing that came out the task with any real credit.

Right decision and really should've gone when he PM'd the task with the meatballs.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I thought he was great on YF... until I realised MacKenzie was on it, and then I switched off. So basically I only lasted 5/10 minutes.

I groaned and considered turning off when I realised it was a double whammy of Wax and MacKenzie.
    As it goes MacKenzie was pretty sensible last night, though Wax was as woeful as usual:(
  • Options
    Reggie RebelReggie Rebel Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was flicking between YBF and Babestation, the biggest pair of tits were on YBF
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree. If anyone is a nasty piece of work, it's her. No-one deserves that kind of treatment simply for appearing on a tv show.

Odious woman. :(
  • Options
    Abigail88Abigail88 Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I believe that was Melody last series that she took a disliking to but she held herself very well. It was to do with what actually does Melody do for a job..although I'm not too sure either!
  • Options
    Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    All the candidates have the chance to let their hair down on Your fired and just generally chat and have a laugh but Adam still seemed to be quite serious and in business mode if you guys get what I mean?

He didn't come across as natural!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sutie wrote: »
    I agree. If anyone is a nasty piece of work, it's her. No-one deserves that kind of treatment simply for appearing on a tv show.

Odious woman. :(

No, she doesn't. She is a brilliant commedienne and a thoughtful, intelligent and highly astute woman. So, obvious she's going to be too strong meat for some who prefer bland. Adam was totally appalling and she should have gone for him much more fiercely than she did. Unless you like cave men, of course.
  • Options
    laundryladylaundrylady Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say Adam didn't give a better interview on BBC breakfast this morning either. I had to tape it this morning and found myself skipping over the bit where he was talking about Nick and Jade. Made me realise why I found it uncomfortable on YBF - he didn't seem to have moved on at all. It was as if it had just happened and he was still arguing with them.