Options

Who do you think will win Euorivison 2013?

Comments

• Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Cornwall, Catalonia or Kosovo.
  • Options
    MissMidgardMissMidgard Posts: 5,756
    Forum Member
    Liechtenstein, in a Serbia-stunt on their first entry. :D
  • Options
    imarshimarsh Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    This thread just demonstrate the complete shallowness of the entire Eurovision song contest concept, and as such is probably the best advert for ending it now.
  • Options
    sbrum1984sbrum1984 Posts: 6,466
    Forum Member
    imarsh wrote: »
    This thread just demonstrate the complete shallowness of the entire Eurovision song contest concept, and as such is probably the best advert for ending it now.

It does no such thing.
  • Options
    imarshimarsh Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    sbrum1984 wrote: »
    It does no such thing.

Yes it does, you're discussing winners before you've heard the songs, therefore based upon national strengths, i.e. politically biased voting.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it does, you're discussing winners before you've heard the songs, therefore based upon national strengths, i.e. politically biased voting.

most of it is guess work bassed on the streghth of the songs that these countries usually send.

or like mine bassed purely as a wild outsider guess.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,510
    Forum Member

Oh give it a rest.

You pretend to hate the show much and yet after nearly a week are still spouting your tedium in a forum intended for FANS. Welcome to my ignore list.
  • Options
    Forum Member

No it doesn't.

We're blindly picking countries to see if any of us end up picking the winner.

Some of us have mentioned some countries putting in greater effort into their selection process, some have noted that other countries seem to have been skirting around a win for a while.
  • Options
    Bamber BoozlerBamber Boozler Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    The United Kingdom.
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Rrr you seem like a lovely cute positive character with your posts so far. Hope you stick around ;)
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,510
    Forum Member
    Switzerland- Because they had some real gems in their selection show this year- they just need to pick the right one.

Ukraine- Have been flirting with it for a few years- with a strong enough song they could win.

Sweden- If they send a song even a fraction as good Euphoria they'll be serious contenders.
  • Options
    UlfgeirrUlfgeirr Posts: 3,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Most people will get the answer wrong, often wildly. If it were completely shallow we would all guess the same country. :confused:

Besides, many of us base our guesses on the attitude of the broadcaster, determined by their selection processes and popularity of recent entries. Non of us seriously believe our chosen country is definitely going to win, but it is fun to see who managed to get their blind prediction right.
  • Options
    CelticMythCelticMyth Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    San Marino-represented by imarsh
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CelticMyth wrote: »

sure fire winner right their, with the song titled "the Digital spy forum song oh oh oo oo oo"
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    Denmark, Sweden or Russia.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CelticMyth wrote: »

With the level of piousness presented, more likely to be Vatican City's debut.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's go for two years in a row here... Romania! Been sending (mostly) quality songs for the past few years. Think they're due a win!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe I'm gonna say this, but I think the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) 2013 will be.....

the United Kingdom.
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's say Spain! :D Or Moldova!! :D:D
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
  • Options
    PurpleTurtlePurpleTurtle Posts: 894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I'd like Romania or Iceland, they're both due a win very soon.

As for a third choice, I'll go for Denmark as personally it would be funny as the first ESC I watched had Sweden win then Denmark the year after, lol! Plus DR now have the title of "broadcaster most desperate to win" :D
  • Options
    emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is a waist of tv licence payers money now,better spent else where
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emails wrote: »
    this is a waist of tv licence payers money now,better spent else where

Oh god, you'd think a week after the contest these posts might have been done with:rolleyes:
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh god, you'd think a week after the contest these posts might have been done with:rolleyes:

It's bank holiday weekend, the kids are off school. ;)
  • Options
    emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i think europe has made it clear we don't belong in europe aspeacially in central & eastern E we could pull all the stops out to get a uk winner ,& i think we have tryed ,& still we can't win ,its more than justa song contest ,ITS POLITICS