Options

The 1Direction Appreciation Thread (4)

Comments

• Options
    @heather_hear@heather_hear Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    June 1 Mirror - The 3am guide to Eleanor Calder, the girl on the inside of the One Direction camp
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/just-who-is-eleanor-calder-louis-856918#.T8tIaLqidS4.twitter

The snark in this article makes me smile more than it should. And oh wow, they put my FAVE pic in ever.
    Harry and Louis side by side (!!!) looking at her (with Louis & Eleanor holding hands). Read into that what you may. ;)
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very quiet on the 1D front today.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - She's had to ignore and defend herself against claims that her relationship with Louis is a scam dreamed up by big wigs at Syco to hide Louis' homosexual relationship with bandmate Harry Styles. Conspiracy theorists reckon the whole thing is just one big ruse and she's Louis' beard. In response to someone who tweeted, "I hope your contract is expiring soon," (ie. her contract to be Louis' girlfriend) she replied "Sorry to be blunt but I hope you can take a step back and realise that you are completely deluded." Yeah! Take that troll folk!

L-O-L
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    Very quiet on the 1D front today.:)

I have an excuse lolz... I was in embankment with half of London watching the queen's boat and her entourage pass by...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a-ha!! just got home!! home sweet home... i swear 3/4 of the population of london and the nearby borroughs was out in the streets being rained on, lolz!!:eek::D

whilst in twitterland, fans trended "liam and zayn" as thank you for ripping harry's shirt exposing his ripped torso in the chicago performance of wmyb last night: :eek::p:p

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2154046/One-Direction-fans-boys-appreciation-Twitter-ripping-open-Harry-Styles-shirt.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

one fan reportedly added in her tweet: "next time, don't forget his pants..." :cool::cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Louis tweeted this today:
    "Just wanna say a massive thank you to all our TRUE One Directions fans. You guys are amazing!!"

I think it must have something to do with the people who thinks that Eleanor is a "beard".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    I have an excuse lolz... I was in embankment with half of London watching the queen's boat and her entourage pass by...

Of course. Some of us outside London are so detached from the real world. Can't miss it on TV though. How was it?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course. Some of us outside London are so detached from the real world. Can't miss it on TV though. How was it?:D

what can i say... plenty of people... never seen so much people in droves in my life... can't get in the train lunchtime in norbiton station so i got the no57 bus to wimbledon... then changed to the district line tube to embankment... so many traffic/crowd enforcers in orange who herded us off villiers st to adam st to the riverside... by that time, there were so many people who were there ahead of us so the latecomers like moi just had to content ourselves with one of the giant screens along the riverbank...

but it was an enjoyable experience especially when people including the children cheered and union jack flags were waved everytime the camera zoomed in on her Majesty...

then it started showering around four o'clock i think... and i wasn't able to meet up with my friends as planned as it was difficult to manoeuvre in those crowds lolz!!

walked under the rain from embankment via trafalgar square then thru adam st again to embankment station... took the bakerloo line to waterloo and got the train to shepperton, hopped off norbiton station...

got home around half seven...:eek::D:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abrightyz wrote: »
    what can i say... plenty of people... never seen so much people in droves in my life... can't get in the train lunchtime in norbiton station so i got the no57 bus to wimbledon... then changed to the district line tube to embankment... so many traffic/crowd enforcers in orange who herded us off villiers st to adam st to the riverside... by that time, there were so many people who were there ahead of us so the latecomers like moi just had to content ourselves with one of the giant screens along the riverbank...

but it was an enjoyable experience especially when people including the children cheered and union jack flags were waved everytime the camera zoomed in on her Majesty...

then it started showering around four o'clock i think... and i wasn't able to meet up with my friends as planned as it was difficult to manoeuvre in those crowds lolz!!

walked under the rain from embankment via trafalgar square then thru adam st again to embankment station... took the bakerloo line to waterloo and got the train to shepperton, hopped off norbiton station...

got home around half seven...:eek::D:cool:

Sounds like one of those crazy days in London, you're trying to work out where and where to take a train or catch the bus. At least you had a lovely experience.

Didn't quite read the last part properly. I was wondering why you had to go all the way to Shepperton to get to Norbiton. Lol!!:D I Just noticed you hopped off at Norbiton. Would have been a slow and agonising journey. Is that the train that goes to Staines or weybridge? Incredibly slow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    UAN up 4 places to #29 on the UK album chart.:)
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like one of those crazy days in London, you're trying to work out where and where to take a train or catch the bus. At least you had a lovely experience.

Didn't quite read the last part properly. I was wondering why you had to go all the way to Shepperton to get to Norbiton. Lol!!:D I Just noticed you hopped off at Norbiton. Would have been a slow and agonising journey. Is that the train that goes to Staines or weybridge? Incredibly slow.

Ah that made me homesick for London. We always used to go up for all the big occasions although I almost died of asphyxiation on Millennium night......Lack of proper police control and I don't miss the burgers costing a tenner each :eek:

Meanwhile just been out in Glasgow toon and not a banner or flag in sight :mad:

Glad you went up abrightyz. It is a once in a lifetime experience
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

lolz!! not that one... my train is from waterloo to shepperton... stops include vauxhall, clapham junction, earlsfield, wimbledon, raynes park, new malden, norbiton (my stop) and kingston (beyond that, i don't know) but it terminates in shepperton... :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Ah that made me homesick for London. We always used to go up for all the big occasions although I almost died of asphyxiation on Millennium night......Lack of proper police control and I don't miss the burgers costing a tenner each :eek:

Meanwhile just been out in Glasgow toon and not a banner or flag in sight :mad:

Glad you went up abrightyz. It is a once in a lifetime experience

it is... and that was the line my friends used to get me out of the house: "it's a once in a lifetime opportunity to attend the Queen's jubilee!" the funny thing is we didn't actually meet up to witness the occasion together coz of the size of the crowd, lolz!!:eek::D

they were texting me that they were near the giant screen but of course i found out later firsthand that there were at least four of them giant screens dotting the thames riverbank!! and of course i was texting them that i was near the kiosk of "the real angus beef burger", lolz!! (actually bought the £4.50 burger (4lbs):p)
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One Direction DVD has gone to #1 in a large number of countries including the UK, Sweden, and in Australia the DVD has gone 6 x Platinum already in its first week according to Sony Australia.
    Hopefully more sales figures will be revealed this week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^
    Btw - Platinum on the Australian DVD chart is 15,000 units so the group sold over 90,000 units in its first week there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    One Direction DVD has gone to #1 in a large number of countries including the UK, Sweden, and in Australia the DVD has gone 6 x Platinum already in its first week according to Sony Australia.

Could you tell me where you check DVD-sales, please?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

fab news and didn't I read the book went to number one on New York best sellers list ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Great news.:)
    I wil take this to the cracking thread on mf if you don't mind.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could you tell me where you check DVD-sales, please?
    For Australia just look at the Aria charts on the Video countdown.
    fab news and didn't I read the book went to number one on New York best sellers list ?
    It certainly did, No sales figures yet though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

wow!! amazing!! well done to the boys!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WMYB is #3 on pop radio in the US :D

ETA: One Thing is #27.

http://www.mediabase.com/mmrweb/insideradio/charts.asp?format=1&showyear=y&dpt=n
  • Options
    @heather_hear@heather_hear Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    June 3 - Chicago Post Tribune - The One Direction machine: striking while the boy band is hot
    http://posttrib.suntimes.com/entertainment/12952502-421/the-one-direction-machine-striking-while-the-boy-band-is-hot.html

Sunday was day off. Some mini golf and shopping for Louis.

June 3 Chicago Louis pics
    Topman
    http://twitpic.com/9sivle
    Moms met Lou
    http://pic.twitter.com/re1QANt4
    Gorgeous pic
    https://pic.twitter.com/KpBXRjYh
    Louis with a fan
    http://lockerz.com/s/214206797

June 3 Chicago Golf - Harry and Niall
    http://pic.twitter.com/th3weLOu
    http://pic.twitter.com/rbln38Jh

They have concerts in Mexico on Tues June 5 and June 6. Eleanor is supposedly flying home on Tuesday.

REALLY interested to see if we see any swimming, surfing pics from Mexico. Although the Liam and Zayn
    ripping open Harry's shirt on stage certainly got them a lot of press (and oh the tumblrs!...).

Louis tweeted about someone who disrespected/annoyed him and fans and within hours the account was suspended. THAT is power.

Shame they will not be at Much Music Video Awards (Canada's equivalent of MTV). Although I truly believe we will never see both
    Bieber and 1D perform at the same event, personally.

Google knows...
    When you search there are 442 million more google results for One Direction vs The Beatles
    http://twitpic.com/9sqh43
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chicago post not a brilliant review same for Detroit paper. They just don't get the no dance boy band moves. :eek: But maybe they right they could be at least a bit more blocking as there was on SNL
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Chicago post not a brilliant review same for Detroit paper. They just don't get the no dance boy band moves. :eek: But maybe they right they could be at least a bit more blocking as there was on SNL

Yes that was a really good slick performance, I think they should continue with those kind of moves.
This discussion has been closed.