Options

Disturbing dream - Anyone interpret?

TUTV ViewerTUTV Viewer Posts: 6,236
Forum Member
Regularly having the weirdest dream...

In the dream, whenever I look in a mirror or reflective surface, my 8-10 year old self is looking back at me talking, earnestly trying to tell me something.

Although I can lip-read (needed for a former work role), I can't work out what I'm trying to tell myself.

It's a touch disturbing really.

Comments

• Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like an anxiety dream.
  • Options
    billyboy789billyboy789 Posts: 1,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't mean anything, it's random brain activity.
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wow I wish I had dreams that understandable and clear.. mine are usually me rushing around a supermarket trying to find a tiny item!
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Have you made any big decisions lately OP? It could be the classic question "If you could go back to your childhood and tell yourself something/warn yourself about something what would it be?" or something along those lines, maybe you're regretting a recent decision or a change to your life or subconsciously trying to "warn yourself" about an upcoming decision?

Sorry if that sounds 'deep', I totally believe in this whole dream thing. :o
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So why is it a recurring theme?

That doesn't make sense.:confused:
  • Options
    1fab1fab Posts: 20,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So you think brain activity - i.e. what we imagine or think - is meaningless? Fair enough, it doesn't amount to much in the great scheme of things, but what goes on in our minds usually means something to us, as unique individuals, and nobody else will have the same "random" dreams as you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Sounds a bit like a repressed or faded memory, whether it be good or bad. Who knows, though. It's obviously symbolic whatever it is. Hopefully your dream will pan out a bit more over time - perhaps look up some lucid dreaming techniques so you have more control over the dream?
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not always. I'm a bit of a procrastinator and the growing 'to do' list is always at the back of my mind. I'm pretty sure that's why in my dreams I'm always trying to do something last minute that I haven't prepared for.
    The plane is due and I didn't pack my bag, the exam's today and I have only just dug out the revision books etc etc.
    Plus often I can link something or someone in my dream to a recent experience/encounter.
  • Options
    subversivesubversive Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    Have you made any big decisions lately OP? It could be the classic question "If you could go back to your childhood and tell yourself something/warn yourself about something what would it be?" or something along those lines, maybe you're regretting a recent decision or a change to your life or subconsciously trying to "warn yourself" about an upcoming decision?

Sorry if that sounds 'deep', I totally believe in this whole dream thing. :o

I agree with this.

It could be that you want to rectify past mistakes and or regret lost opportunities.

younger self = the past you, something that has gone, normally happens when you are thinking, might not be conciously, but subconsciously something consciously has triggered a thought which in turn has kicked off another thought, etc.

try doing things which you don't think you will regret.

if you have made any mistakes in the past, forgive yourself for them, what is done is done.

it could be that you miss your childhood or even dislike your childhood, not everybodies childhood is a perfect one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly. Dreams mean nothing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    subversive wrote: »
    I agree with this.

It could be that you want to rectify past mistakes and or regret lost opportunities.

younger self = the past you, something that has gone, normally happens when you are thinking, might not be conciously, but subconsciously something consciously has triggered a thought which in turn has kicked off another thought, etc.

if you have made any mistakes in the past, forgive yourself for them, what is done is done.

it could be that you miss your childhood or even dislike your childhood, not everybodies childhood is a perfect one.

It's a dream. Has nothing to do with any real life situations.
  • Options
    shmiskshmisk Posts: 7,963
    Forum Member
    woodbush wrote: »

i sometimes dream about real life situations

granted meeting your younger self isnt something that would happen, though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with this.

WOW, you believe that sh*te. It's a dream and means nothing.

It's unbelievable that you think things from the past invade dreams.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shmisk wrote: »
    i sometimes dream about real life situations

granted meeting your younger self isnt something that would happen, though

So do I, but it's still a dream.
  • Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. Dreams mean nothing.
    True.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True.

I've dreamed of shagging some tasty TV stars, I always wake up to early:)
  • Options
    ClunkClunk Posts: 3,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not always. I'm a bit of a procrastinator and the growing 'to do' list is always at the back of my mind. I'm pretty sure that's why in my dreams I'm always trying to do something last minute that I haven't prepared for.
    The plane is due and I didn't pack my bag, the exam's today and I have only just dug out the revision books etc etc.
    Plus often I can link something or someone in my dream to a recent experience/encounter.

Which actually goes on to prove the post you quoted...

Your dreams reflect things in the back of your mind.. so random activity that your brain was already processing.

Planes, exams or someone you recently encountered.
  • Options
    subversivesubversive Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

as always, you are right.
    WOW, you believe that sh*te. It's a dream and means nothing.

It's unbelievable that you think things from the past invade dreams.

thank you once again for your deep insight
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Next time you see some ghosts ask them:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as always, you are right.

thank you once again for your deep insight

You believe dreams mean something? I don't so no deep insight.

Why do you believe it means something, i'm confused.

Have they not done clinical trials on this and it's random brain activity.

My dog kicks his legs and sometimes growls at night it's random brain activity.

Recent article from the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18277074
  • Options
    AwesomeGeorgeAwesomeGeorge Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    I've dreamed of shagging some tasty TV stars, I always wake up to early:)
    Ooh which ones? My dream celebrity shags are always people I wouldn't consider attractive.

< wanders off to google random brain activity and to purchase brain bleach>
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Do the people who are arguing the toss about dreams not being real realise this is in advice? :confused:

Anyway, for the OP, http://www.dreammoods.com/

It's got a dream dictionary on it and everything.
  • Options
    btb23btb23 Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    Anxiety dreams are common, as are recurring ones. You say you can lip read, this why that has surfaced and become part of your dream. It's your version of an anxiety dream, tailored to your past experiences and life.

Since I took early retirement I now dream just about every night that I'm back at work, except I'm missing some bit of information to do my job properly, it's essentially the same as yours. It gets tiring waking up most mornings again with the same 'theme' going on, but that's all.
  • Options
    HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeoBa92 wrote: »
    Do the people who are arguing the toss about dreams not being real realise this is in advice? :confused:

Anyway, for the OP, http://www.dreammoods.com/

It's got a dream dictionary on it and everything.

Well the advice is that dreams do not mean a thing.
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    You believe dreams mean something? I don't so no deep insight.

Why do you believe it means something, i'm confused.]

Maybe because were all entitled to believe what we want :confused: