Options

Rangers CVA rejected by HMRC

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    It would be but nobody will let you away with it.

You'll be forever reminded of what you've done.

If you want a NewCo wiping out all the 'bad stuff' then you start from scratch, as simple as that really.

You can't pick to remember the good parts and forget the rest.

no one will get away with anything

whyte will be chased for tax
    murray and possibly players/staff chased for ebt money
    titles will be striped if indeed proved to won by use of illegal contracts

the new co will then have no debt , and all the titles they are entitled to , and no amount of bitterness can change that fact
    so while you will keep reminding me of your bitterness and failure to accept fact, i will remind of you fact .

THE rangers FC are going to be a reality , so away and throw you jelly and ice cream away , because its becoming clear your party is over
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    grps3 wrote: »
    no one will get away with anything

whyte will be chased for tax
    murray and possibly players/staff chased for ebt money
    titles will be striped if indeed proved to won by use of illegal contracts

the new co will then have no debt , and all the titles they are entitled to , and no amount of bitterness can change that fact
    so while you will keep reminding me of your bitterness and failure to accept fact, i will remind of you fact .

THE rangers FC are going to be a reality , so away and throw you jelly and ice cream away , because its becoming clear your party is over

THE Rangers FC have NO history.

Glasgow Rangers FC have a long history with a tarnished and shameful ending.

Thats the way it is to everyone else I'm afraid and no amount of continued head in the sand approach from Rangers fans will change that. Although having buried your head in the sand about the whole issue until it actually became a reality I'm not hugely shocked.

Im not bitter in any way, and i feel sorry for the fans who have had to watch their club go down this road. However the reality must be faced.
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Legal expert says Green is talking BS...

Rangers powerless to stop players leaving says expert
    Green said on Tuesday that players would be in breach of contract if they opted not to move to his “newco”. Arguing that Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) legislation, known as Tupe, compelled the players to move from the old company to the new, he said on the Rangers website: “Tupe is very clear and all employees will be transferred under the rules and regulations. We’ve explained to all the staff that contracts will be switched to the new company. If the players choose not to transfer they will then be in breach of contract.”

But yesterday Mark Hamilton, an employment partner and Tupe expert with law firm Maclay Murray & Spens, said the legislation made a specific exception in the event of insolvent liquidation. “The current Tupe Regulations, which became law in 2006, do say that, in general, employees’ contracts are automatically transferred when a company’s business is sold from administration.

“But the rules are different for liquidation. In that case, the key point is that employees do not transfer under the Regulations, though they are free to agree new contracts with the buyer of the business.

“Regulation 4 is the one which refers to contracts transferring under Tupe and this applies to administrations. However, Regulation 8 (7) says that this automatic transfer of employment contracts does not apply in the event of liquidation. Players and other employees can choose to move to the newco. But, if people do not want to go, they cannot be compelled.

“What happens is that, at the point when a liquidation commences, employment contracts are terminated. That does not mean they become null and void, because employees can still make claims on the company, such as for any wages due. But, from that point they are under no obligation to work for the liquidated company or any newco unless that is agreed.”
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »

That looks right to me. Charles Green is a bit of a cowboy employer. I guess he's hoping to intimidate the players into believing him. He's doing immense damage to Rangers :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    THE Rangers FC have NO history.

Glasgow Rangers FC have a long history with a tarnished and shameful ending.

Thats the way it is to everyone else I'm afraid and no amount of continued head in the sand approach from Rangers fans will change that. Although having buried your head in the sand about the whole issue until it actually became a reality I'm not hugely shocked.

Im not bitter in any way, and i feel sorry for the fans who have had to watch their club go down this road. However the reality must be faced.

the reality is you all think we are making a new club..like gretna did, or buying over a club like airdrie did .....nope

we are moving the club to new parent company much like what leeds/ milddlesbourgh/charlton did....did all those club lose their history ...no

it would be unprecedented for a situation like rangers for a club to lose its history

public opinion doesn't come into it ,
    while you are correct in saying mud sticks...it doesn't matter
    we can maintain you throwing mud at wrong place , and look sad and pathetic in doing so

newco =newco+oldco football history
    oldco- = tarnished tax dodgers with bad rep

there is 54 reasons why you want newco to have no history
  • Options
    ErythroleukosErythroleukos Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a little like the Fiorentina situation when they went bust about 10 years ago? A new team was formed in Serie C(2?) then bought the Fiorentina name a year later when it was able to.
    Fiorentina are still allocated all their pre-2000 titles.
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So as things stand......

New club.
    No players
    No money
    No league.

But hey The Rangers are back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the reality is you all think we are making a new club..like gretna did, or buying over a club like airdrie did .....nope

we are moving the club to new parent company much like what leeds/ milddlesbourgh/charlton did....did all those club lose their history ...no

it would be unprecedented for a situation like rangers for a club to lose its history

public opinion doesn't come into it ,
    while you are correct in saying mud sticks...it doesn't matter
    we can maintain you throwing mud at wrong place , and look sad and pathetic in doing so

newco =newco+oldco football history
    oldco- = tarnished tax dodgers with bad rep

You see, you think its all bitter Celtic fans coming out with this. I support Manchester United and Dundee United, your 54 titles NEVER meant anything to me.

As i say, what Leeds, Boro and Charlton did bears no relation to what Rangers did when you are using your examples.

We aren't just talking financial mismanagement here. We are talking financial mismanagement in order to win numerous trophies over and extended period of time as well as financial mismanagement in the boardroom.

The financial mismanagement is directly linked to success on the pitch and you can't just dismiss it by picking and choosing what you want to remember and what you want to forget ever happened because the rest of the football world will rightly not let that happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You see, you think its all bitter Celtic fans coming out with this. I support Manchester United and Dundee United, your 54 titles NEVER meant anything to me.

As i say, what Leeds, Boro and Charlton did bears no relation to what Rangers did when you are using your examples.

We aren't just talking financial mismanagement here. We are talking financial mismanagement in order to win numerous trophies over and extended period of time as well as financial mismanagement in the boardroom.

The financial mismanagement is directly linked to success on the pitch and you can't just dismiss it by picking and choosing what you want to remember and what you want to forget ever happened because the rest of the football world will rightly not let that happen.

all that is alleged and still to be ruled upon
    see my last post where i said ''titles will be striped if indeed proved to won by use of illegal contracts ''
  • Options
    Forum Member
    all that is alleged and still to be ruled upon
    see my last post where i said ''titles will be striped if indeed proved to won by use of illegal contracts ''

Nevertheless you are conforming to the stereotype of the typical Rangers fan right now.

Be honest with yourself, you can see what everyone is saying and as much as you will deny it deep down i think you are smart enough to know that this is huge and no amount of business jiggery pokery changes the fact that while you can say "the history stays" its really not the same and you can't have it both ways football-wise, even if you can in a business sense.

If we were discussing any club other than the one you support i suspect your feet would be firmly in the other camp.
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky just announced Walter Smith is interesting in buying the club
  • Options
    JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    I am a Rangers fan but this is starting to resemble a freak show to be honest. Getting even more confused now with that post above. Thought it was too late for other buyers?
  • Options
    Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sale to Charles Green Completed

The sale of Rangers to that muppet Charles Green has been completed for £5.5 Million. An application to join the SFA has also been submitted to join the SPL.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18447530
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Green continues to appear to be a complete chancer.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rangers will pull this off won't they?

I can actually see them playing in the SPL next season, without actually changing all that much, which would be a crying shame really.
  • Options
    wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see how the club can possibly fairly be voted into the SPL.

If they were there is no incentive for any business to do anything with a football club unless they receive 100% upfront payments straight away. Otherwise any football club in Scotland could get themselves into debt and rejoin the Scottish Football Pyramid in the same league they were orignally.

It would certainly be the end of banks giving football clubs credit in Scotland.
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it true that the former singer Billy Ocean is a member of the Green consortium?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rangers will pull this off won't they?

I can actually see them playing in the SPL next season, without actually changing all that much, which would be a crying shame really.

They are currently miles away from that happening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is it true that the former singer Billy Ocean is a member of the Green consortium?

Ocean Finance? :D
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ocean Finance? :D

Heard earlier that one of Green's men has ties with the company that owns Ticketus.
  • Options
    the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

will there be 54 reasons when this is all over ?

By rights if it's proved you cheated your way to some of those titles then they should be removed, it may also screw up your 9 in a row too.
  • Options
    the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's Charles Green's money come from ? This guy is not a money man, when he was at Sheffield United he was not one of the big investors.

I don't think he's there for the good of the club, I think the same as Cantona, this guy is a chancer.
  • Options
    Kat1966Kat1966 Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for this, answering the question that I was going to pose regarding the transfer of players, staff etc.
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Sky just announced Walter Smith is interesting in buying the club
    Sale to Charles Green Completed

The sale of Rangers to that muppet Charles Green has been completed for £5.5 Million. An application to join the SFA has also been submitted to join the SPL.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18447530

Green to sell rangers to walter smith for £10 m, and it wouldnt surprise me if this happens
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the chimp wrote: »
    Where's Charles Green's money come from ? This guy is not a money man, when he was at Sheffield United he was not one of the big investors.

I don't think he's there for the good of the club, I think the same as Cantona, this guy is a chancer.

I think before rangers get membership in the sfa/spl, the sfa want to knwo where the money has come from, basicly the sfa want names