Options

What annoys you on DS?

Comments

• Options
    GravitasGravitas Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate it when people start threads with the sole intention of having a dig at a fellow poster.

How do you mean? I can't think how that would work. Other than making a thread like say, XXXXXXX Is a Tosser!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,692
    Forum Member
    Gravitas wrote: »
    How do you mean? I can't think how that would work. Other than making a thread like say, XXXXXXX Is a Tosser!

I think he means starting a thread knowing a particular poster will contribute to it and then flaming their ideas.
  • Options
    DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member

You get to know what buttons to push with some FMs and just create a thread you know they can't resist and then be on hand to start having a go at everything they post!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a lot. I never understand why people get wound up about the internet.

I don't think it's the internet that winds people up - I think it is people on the internet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sirocco758 wrote: »
    Ever since they dropped the £5 registration fee for hotmail etc addresses all the teenagers from ThisisBigBrother have jumped over here aswell!!

You can't even say a negative thing about Channel 5 or Big Brother over on the BB forum without being slammed or getting told "You don't know what you're talking about" when infact someone of 18 was only 5/6 when BB started!!

That forum makes die hard fans of the show since 2000 (me included) feel inadequate (sorry if spelt wrong) and like we have no clue on the show!!

DS bring back the charge ASAP :)

Are you sure they're all teens and from TIBB?

I wish we could send them packing too regardless :p

It's weird, all the horrors came out to play as soon as the launch started, before then everything was rainbows and smiles!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sutie wrote: »
    People who start threads that they know will cause trouble, and then clear off never to return. They could at the very least join in with the fight. :cool:

And often with a sh*t title and an even worse OP.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    The recent influx of substandard WUMs and trolls.

All the good posters keep getting banned or giving up.

Cliques hijacking threads to hold impromptu love-ins and reminisce about their real life meet ups.

Thread titles which give little or nothing away about the actual subject matter of the thread.

Religion threads.

Yappy.
  • Options
    Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    The perennial soldiers are evil thugs and murderers of children threads. A lot more common nearer November.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I annoy myself if possible.

I'll post some tedious shite about music

"OMG listening to Cyndi Lauper, never thought I'd see the day"

:confused: and then later I'm like big deal, who cares :confused:
  • Options
    peonpeon Posts: 1,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Other than making a thread like say, XXXXXXX Is a Tosser!

i'm quite close to making a couple of those. :D
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People who have stopped posting for a while then start threads about themselves when they come back as if it's some kind of big deal.
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    What annoys more about DS and what is responsible for most of my periods of absence is that some people just for the sake of having a fight turn all subjects into something horribly simplistic. It's a form of trolling and sometimes it's so frequent that it makes it impossible to have any sort of discussion in this board.

The thread that is floating about " Norway wants to ban male genital mutilation" is a perfect example. This type of thread gives me the creeps. It exists solely for some unguarded soul to point out the obvious and a whole useless discussion to start.
  • Options
    posh1posh1 Posts: 495
    Forum Member
    Pet1986 wrote: »
    I read it for about a year and only joined when i was made redundant last sept joining in the oct, 9mths (oh baby length) Posh joined in Feb 5 mths.. not much in it no but i certainly didnt know half of what i know now after 4/5 months or all the ins and outs and peoples behaviour which is what Genius was getting at i think.. after a couple of months i didnt know things like Posh spouted about Ninja..

You seem to know quite a lot about me. Can you tell me what if I have any bread in, just If I havnt then I will need to go to the shop and get some:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont feed the troll Pet.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I prefered the fuel analogy, not the bread one.
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    The perennial soldiers are evil thugs and murderers of children threads. A lot more common nearer November.

I hate those threads especially when you respond by saying they are doing a job/will get court marshalled if they go against orders and they reply by saying that they should quit the Army, as if finding a job is that easy. Or you say you support the forces and you are then told you are supporting murderers.
  • Options
    ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The smell of marzipan.
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The smell of marzipan.

a.k.a. "the devil's fetid smegma"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jasvinyl wrote: »
    a.k.a. "the devil's fetid smegma"

I'm not sure it smells that nice TBH
    :yawn:
    /!\
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    The way it's supposed to be the UK's leading media forum, yet you can't seem to easily embed video or images like the vast majority of vBulletin based sites. I assume there's a way somewhere, this is the 21st Century after all, but I'm damned if I can find it.

I have the option ticked to display images in my UserCP but I still can't find how to do it. Am I missing something so obvious that I'll end up kicking myself?
  • Options
    Akane TendoAkane Tendo Posts: 4,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Justabloke wrote: »
    Didn't he morph into the now defunct "MyView" ?

No I don't think they are the same person.
  • Options
    KubrickKubrick Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "What annoys you on DS?"

Most of the posters..
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Caldari wrote: »
    The way it's supposed to be the UK's leading media forum, yet you can't seem to easily embed video or images like the vast majority of vBulletin based sites. I assume there's a way somewhere, this is the 21st Century after all, but I'm damned if I can find it.

I have the option ticked to display images in my UserCP but I still can't find how to do it. Am I missing something so obvious that I'll end up kicking myself?

I think the reasoning behind it is that DS don't want the forums cluttered up with crap, like images, avatars and signatures etc.
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    jra wrote: »
    I think the reasoning behind it is that DS don't want the forums cluttered up with crap, like images, avatars and signatures etc.

Avatars and signatures are neither here nor there, but not allowing images and video. When you take into consideration how this site is marketed and advertised, not allowing media to be posted is just downright strange. Who's ever heard of a media site that doesn't allow media to be posted (except this one of course)?

Oh well, you live you learn I guess.
  • Options
    ganderpoke66ganderpoke66 Posts: 2,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jra wrote: »

Exactamundo, I like the clean, image free look of DS pages, links to images are all that's needed, other Forums can be a bloody mess.
This discussion has been closed.