Options

Can Cheryl become a world wide musical superstar?

Comments

• Options
    Rui_PhillipsRui_Phillips Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keep this joke for April next year, you'll have everyone in hysterics :D
  • Options
    THEXFACTORKINGTHEXFACTORKING Posts: 2,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is beautiful, but has little vocal ability......anyone smart can admit that.
  • Options
    iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    She is beautiful, but has little vocal ability......anyone smart can admit that.

Britney and Rihanna. And they all have tunes, and tunes sell.
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't think cheryl is anywhere near as ambitious as people assume. that is possibly what went wrong on the us x factor, she was completely out of her depth. the thing is if people like simon cowell hand you opportunities, then its not surprising that she would take them. however, it doesn't surprise me that she is in no hurry to launch herself there again. she is busy enough with her career in the uk and she has the girls aloud reunion to come. i don't think she has major plans beyond that to be honest.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Canks wrote: »
    Such a shame that some feel the need to use Cheryl's working class roots as a stick to beat her with. There is nothing wrong with her accent, it is perfectly comprehensible. When she judged X Factor USA, much of the press remarked upon how much they liked her accent.

Americans like British accents and with the influx of Brits in the USA, I'm sure Cheryl could fit in very well.

What has her accent got to do with working class roots? Do you think only Geordies are working class? Now that's real inverted snobbery if you're honest. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 443
    Forum Member
    Archangel wrote: »
    What has her accent got to do with working class roots? Do you think only Geordies are working class? Now that's real inverted snobbery if you're honest. :confused:

At what point does my point suggest I think only Geordies are working class? It doesn't so your :confused: is misplaced.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only in your dreams OP......only in your dreams!
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Tweedy had her chance for superstardom, and the us not only sent her packing, but leaked the story to make her look like a laughing stock. So nope.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl knows she has no chance in America. So no, OP.

"A worldwide musical superstar". LMFAO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    Britney and Rihanna. And they all have tunes, and tunes sell.

Britney could sing very well when she was younger, and can definitely hold a tune much better than Cheryl, she just doesn't. Britney is still big in the US because of who she is. If she was just starting out in the US now like Cheryl would be, she'd have absolutely NO chance.

Rihanna has a very marmite voice but she can sing. She's not the best, but at least she sings live. It may be over a loud backing track, but she does sing live.

Cheryl just doesn't bother. She's a lazy, desperate fame ****. She's a smoker (which won't help her awful voice), she apparently doesn't have singing lessons to help her improve, and she barely bothers to sing live. When she does, it's a trainwreck.

Britney and Rihanna are a completely different kettle of fish to Cheryl Cole.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have read all this thread an no-one has picked up on the glaring typo in the OP's first post.
    Cheryl has the whole package - liability, talent, beauty, charisma and backing from influential figures in the industry such as the adorable Will.I.Am.

Is the liability the fact that she cannot sing? I think she is a lovely looking girl but she doesn't have a good voice at all.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarahcs wrote: »
    Council estate, not relevant. Assault conviction, very relevant. We all do silly things when we're young, but we don't all beat up toilet attendants.

I do worry about someone who thinks that's the folly of youth.

Good point...Cheryl's defenders always trot out the "oh, it was a long time ago..." defence, and very tiresome it is too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    I have read all this thread an no-one has picked up on the glaring typo in the OP's first post.

Unfortunately, a correction by my iPad! I can assure you it wasn't a freudian slip :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. Next question please.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Cheryl just doesn't bother. She's a lazy, desperate fame ****. She's a smoker (which won't help her awful voice), she apparently doesn't have singing lessons to help her improve, and she barely bothers to sing live. When she does, it's a trainwreck.

Exactly this. If celeb expected their career to be carried by milking the media good for them, but to expect worldwide success and fame for a trash mag image is really arrogant and another reason why she won't make it.
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, a correction by my iPad! I can assure you it wasn't a freudian slip :p

You need to change your iPad if that is the case.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't say it was the folly of youth at all. But bringing it up when she has shown remorse and moved on from it is not necessary. It also doesn't make her a chav.
    Actually she hasn't and it is the biggest reason why it's still brought up today. Despite her conviction and the judge saying it was "a drunken piece of violence for which you show no remorse" she still claims that it was self defense, she will be teaching her kids to do the same thing and acts like she is the victim in the whole situation. She comes across as quite self pitying about it and is only sorry about how it nearly destroyed her career and not in the slightest bit sorry that she battered someone over a lolly pop :rolleyes:
  • Options
    OnDatKryptoniteOnDatKryptonite Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can't sing live and her accent is virtually impossible for foreigners to understand. A lack of talent and clear communicative abilities are not qualities for international stardom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Actually she hasn't and it is the biggest reason why it's still brought up today. Despite her conviction and the judge saying it was "a drunken piece of violence for which you show no remorse" she still claims that it was self defense, she will be teaching her kids to do the same thing and acts like she is the victim in the whole situation. She comes across as quite self pitying about it and is only sorry about how it nearly destroyed her career and not in the slightest bit sorry that she battered someone over a lolly pop :rolleyes:

Well, I'm sorry but no one except the T.A, Cheryl and Nicola know what happened that might and Nicola, on oath, stood up in court and supported Cheryl. There is no evidence to suggest that Cheryl wasn't provoked. There are 2 sides to every story and let's face it, it wasn't as if Cheryl was put in prison over it.
    Gill P wrote: »
    You need to change your iPad if that is the case.

Why? :confused:
  • Options
    AndyB2007AndyB2007 Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl could do well in the US- on something like General Hospital as opposed to singing.

That soap is filmed in Will.i.am's home city of LA, so he can use some clout to have her as the new Executive Producer and Head Writer to get it up in the ratings as General Hospital is dead last in the soap ratings.

She'd probably do a better job than the current EP/HW, who come from the cancelled boring old One Life to Live, and seem to be having their old show on General Hospital.

Nadine could make a guest appearance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'm sorry but no one except the T.A, Cheryl and Nicola know what happened that might and Nicola, on oath, stood up in court and supported Cheryl. There is no evidence to suggest that Cheryl wasn't provoked. There are 2 sides to every story and let's face it, it wasn't as if Cheryl was put in prison over it.

One of her BEST FRIENDS stood up for her IN COURT?

Oh my gosh. Well, I'm convinced she's completely innocent.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well, you're more cynical than I am. I think it's very difficult to stand up, swear an oath and lie in court. Nicola was only very young at the time as well and I've never heard anything to suggest that she's the sort of person to committ perjury. She seems a very nice, honest and sweet girl
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i don't understand why people would doubt nicola`s integrity, just because of her friendship with cheryl. it is evident that people wont see past this issue when it comes to cheryl and that is peoples prerogative. however, attempting to discredit nicola in a bid to prove a point is taking things too far in my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So Nicola committed perjury then, is that what you're saying?