Options

The Coffee Lounge (Part 28)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another busy day today, though yesterday was even busier planting round my neighbours and then planting round mine among other things.

Not sleeping too well at the moment so am absolutely shattered. Did have a better night last night though and Neighbour's husband will be back tomorrow night so some of the extras will be taken away. Not had so much to do for an age and it is catching up on me. Poor old devil!! It has been fun though having someone around to do things with.

Giving her a lift to a friend later today, then going to see my friend. After which I am off to brother's with his money and cigs and Birth certificate. He has lost his Bus Pass and needs it to apply for a replacement. Then back to pick Carol up and bring her home, after which a relaxing evening at home with the cats.
  • Options
    freckle59freckle59 Posts: 42,993
    Forum Member
    Afternoon all :)

Having a bit of a skive off work again. The electricians are in and there are things I can do that don't involve electricity but meh, don't feel like it so I've come home for lunch.

Dreadful news about Baldrick - can't quite take it in.

Lots of people off on their travels so happy holidays one and all :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54,392
    Forum Member
    Oh Twas I do hope she gets her op soon. My mum was on oxygen 18 hours a day so I know how dehabiliting it must be. But mum was in her late 60's when she started to need it.

Terrible news Hy, and 48 so young.

Been shopping, I am now about to try macaroni cheese for the first time in my entire life (mum never liked it so we never got it! and never thought of cooking it since). Bernie and Jay bought me Lisa Faulkner's cookbook and it has some lovely homely recipes in it, so I shall let you know the result.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh I misssed lots of posts, good for you having a skive Freck; you don't often get a chance!

You enjoy your evening with the puddycats Jen! sounds like you've earned it.

I found some sweet pea seeds in a shop today so I am going to go and plant them :)
  • Options
    hyundaihyundai Posts: 36,528
    Forum Member
    sitting in the hotel all packed and ready for my jollies.......could life be better....

will catch up in the week folks...xx

grrrrrr bloody footsie on here as well ...driving me bonkers
  • Options
    twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have a wonderful holiday Hy!!! XXXX
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have a wonderful holiday Hy!!! XXXX

hope all goes well with your dil 'twas.....I feel like I am now back in ownership with my brain...have been a wee bit frazzled this week this is why I havent been around much..I have been lurking tho.....

where is our jelli lately .....nice to see jay again...xxxx

leaves a beautiful bunch of flowers for all to enjoy and to cheer us all up.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi all....just a quick visit to say hi to all my friends here .....it's been a long time (almost 2 years) since I was here last but seems like yesterday.I had forgotten my log-in but then I spotted I could sign in via FB so that made it easier. Hope everyone is well and hope you have a good holiday Hy ...you always seem to be popping off somewhere...you lucky one.
    Hope Tara is fully recovered now Charlie.....what a wicked thing to happen to the poor thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *doods* wrote: »
    Hi all....just a quick visit to say hi to all my friends here .....it's been a long time (almost 2 years) since I was here last but seems like yesterday.I had forgotten my log-in but then I spotted I could sign in via FB so that made it easier. Hope everyone is well and hope you have a good holiday Hy ...you always seem to be popping off somewhere...you lucky one.
    Hope Tara is fully recovered now Charlie.....what a wicked thing to happen to the poor thing.

doods a sight for sore eyes......how's you....such a long time since we all gathered n here isn't it...I'm off to lanzarote in the morning.......xxxxxare you still playing AC I have sort of lost my way bait with it all....imhave it for the wii now as well...I don't seem to get the time to play......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hyundai wrote: »
    doods a sight for sore eyes......how's you....such a long time since we all gathered n here isn't it...I'm off to lanzarote in the morning.......xxxxxare you still playing AC I have sort of lost my way bait with it all....imhave it for the wii now as well...I don't seem to get the time to play......

lol....like we haven't chatted occasionally over on FB.....I haven't picked up my DS in a long long time....bet it is covered in weeds now and all my villagers have starved to death..lol. I even bought a DSxl but have sold it now. Still got my little one though. I still have a peek in here now and again and was good to see you start it up again. Would be lovely to see other faces come back cos I am sure they will be lurking like me....
    oooh Lanzarote get you....least the weather will be better than here...hopefully...I am sick of the rain now. Least the grass looks lush this year...it is usually brown by June.
    Have a lovely time and take care in the sun....although I know you do from experience anyway.
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *doods* wrote: »

hi doods, lovely to see you, i dont seem to get on here as often as i'd like, things like work get in the way!:rolleyes:
    hy, hope you have a lovely holiday, charlie, hope tara is better, hi to everyone inc lurkers, will catch up soon xx:D
  • Options
    Locke_JohnLocke_John Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back Doods. I'll have one sugar please. Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Strictly self service here John...:)

Doods lovely to see you

Hy have a great holiday if I haven't missed you by now

Thanks for all the good wishes about Tara, I would say back to her normal playful self now. Am planning a longer walk to the nearest coffee shop tomorrow morning....rest for us both...then stroll back. I'll let you know how she (mis)behaves...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    phew tis hot in lanzarote....xxx hope you are all well....
  • Options
    kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evening all, hy i see you're globetrotting again, how long are you there for~?
    my friend from school is getting married today, looking forward to seeing wedding piccies..:D
    hope all well in here, must catch up when i can!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to Turkey for nine nights in August with mini Twass! She booked a dealio on the tinternet, I knew she would find something. All inclusive, all food, all drinkies, flights, transfers, the lot!!!

I'm well excited, never been on anything like it before!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm going to Turkey for nine nights in August with mini Twass! She booked a dealio on the tinternet, I knew she would find something. All inclusive, all food, all drinkies, flights, transfers, the lot!!!

wow....you will have a wonderful time I bet......are you counting the days......:D

waves at Kate....we re here for a week...back next sat to prepare or the wedding......
  • Options
    PobletPoblet Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Piggs Bosun
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its not so much the Sahara wind I mind, its one of the prices I pay for living in a desert....but why oh why does it always come the night AFTER my cleaner has been??? Just had to clean a few inches of sand off everything! Seems to have abated now though thankfully it got very very dark for a bit but I think its brightening. Sun will hopefully be out in a bit.

Today I think I am doing very little, took Tara out for a walk early cos if the wind usually brings intense heat.....suppose I should look at the forecast. Bugger 39° thats hot and rain tonight? It never rains after March........

Oh well Wimbledon to look forward to next week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CharlieL wrote: »
    Its not so much the Sahara wind I mind, its one of the prices I pay for living in a desert....but why oh why does it always come the night AFTER my cleaner has been??? Just had to clean a few inches of sand off everything! Seems to have abated now though thankfully it got very very dark for a bit but I think its brightening. Sun will hopefully be out in a bit.

Today I think I am doing very little, took Tara out for a walk early cos if the wind usually brings intense heat.....suppose I should look at the forecast. Bugger 39° thats hot and rain tonight? It never rains after March........

Oh well Wimbledon to look forward to next week.

Hi Charlie, what's the best time of year to visit Morrocco in your opinion? It's possible the OH and I may come at some point, there is a Groupon voucher for a cheap 6 day hol we are considering for sometime in the next year!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Charlie, what's the best time of year to visit Morrocco in your opinion? It's possible the OH and I may come at some point, there is a Groupon voucher for a cheap 6 day hol we are considering for sometime in the next year!

Hi Twas, in my opinion, Spring-early Summer or Autumn, March till end May-beginning June or Sept and Oct. To be honest if you don't mind chilly nights anytime between Oct and March, it rarely rains for more than an hour at a time and its usually day time tee shirt and shorts weather all year round . July and August I would definitely give a miss cos its often cloudy all morning then boiling hot in the afternoon and if you are talking Agadir its full of Moroccans then and is like a different place to the rest of the year. This is a good website to look at, I think it gives averages for times of year somewhere
    http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=zmw:00000.1.60252
    Inland, ie Marrakesh or Fez are very very very hot in the summer over 40° all the time whereas Agadir has the sea breeze.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CharlieL wrote: »
    Hi Twas, in my opinion, Spring-early Summer or Autumn, March till end May-beginning June or Sept and Oct. To be honest if you don't mind chilly nights anytime between Oct and March, it rarely rains for more than an hour at a time and its usually day time tee shirt and shorts weather all year round . July and August I would definitely give a miss cos its often cloudy all morning then boiling hot in the afternoon and if you are talking Agadir its full of Moroccans then and is like a different place to the rest of the year. This is a good website to look at, I think it gives averages for times of year somewhere
    http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=zmw:00000.1.60252
    Inland, ie Marrakesh or Fez are very very very hot in the summer over 40° all the time whereas Agadir has the sea breeze.

Thanks so much for your advice Charlie! We are only thinking about it at the mo, its inland, not that far from Marrakesh in the Atlas mountains by a lake. Probably far hotter than where you are. A winter or early spring break perhaps :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning folks, it's actually warm and sunny *faints* :eek:

I'll be back off to Canterbury again tonight for a couple of days with my DIL and son......the car will drive itself there on auto pilot soon!

Hope all are well, might actually get some sorting done in the garden today if this weather holds :)
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

when abouts in August are you going? :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when abouts in August are you going? :)

Err :o everything was booked by my daughter, I haven't got the exact dates to hand, but sort of the first week :cool: She is totally organised, I am just sitting back letting her sort everything :p

Are you off on holidays anywhere, tvq??