Options

Wussel Brand gets upset on Graham Norton's show

Comments

• Options
    SarahJamSarahJam Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lumiere wrote: »
    A couple of weeks ago he was happy to make jokes and poke fun at his divorce when hosting the MTV Music awards, but now he's all offended when Graham Norton does the same thing?

I quite like him, not my kind of comedy but he seems like a decent guy.

But if he made jokes about his divorce (I didn't see the MTV music awards myself tho) then I don't see how questions from Norton could upset his mum more than something like poking fun at your divorce at an awards ceremony would...
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They all plug something on these shows. A little controversy can only help to stay in one's memory for longer. That's what I think about this.
  • Options
    Simon RodgersSimon Rodgers Posts: 4,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh so sleeping around as long as it's not hurting anyone automatically makes someone a bad person? What an outdated view.

It's hardly model behaviour is it? Mind you he probably had a few of them and all and thought nothing of it.

And I didn't say it made you bad, I said it doesn't show you as being good, there is a difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    Sometimes I wonder if the fact that he's clearly had a lot of success with women is maybe the reason some men don't like him.

Don't make me laugh. I don't want him. If women are stupid enough to sleep with him that's their business but it should be kept under wraps. If they can't do that, get out the limelight!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LARulz wrote: »
    If your mum is crying you are going to get defensive. I don't blame him.

As mentioned before, and not just by me, his mum would have known about what had happened. Brand would have known if his mum was going to be there.

Brand obviously knew his mum. Therefore if he knew there would be any topic that would upset her he would have had a quiet word prior to prevent it and the producers would have had to respect that!
  • Options
    plankwalkerplankwalker Posts: 6,702
    Forum Member
    As mentioned before, and not just by me, his mum would have known about what had happened. Brand would have known if his mum was going to be there.

Brand obviously knew his mum. Therefore if he knew there would be any topic that would upset her he would have had a quiet word prior to prevent it and the producers would have had to respect that!

Exactly! For me just a staged event for "fun" and max publicity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't make me laugh. I don't want him. If women are stupid enough to sleep with him that's their business but it should be kept under wraps. If they can't do that, get out the limelight!

Well, he'd want something to make his mama proud.
  • Options
    ParoFlameParoFlame Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a big fan of Norton or Brand.

I would imagine that Russell knew he would be asked questions about his ex though.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Russell knows how the business works. He can say, if he has topics he does not want to discuss beforehand, that is why he has hired publicist etc. Katy most likely did do this, and thus wasn't asked about him. Cheryl was asked pretty bluntly if sge is dating anyone, and she was professional about it, without throwing fits.
  • Options
    ParoFlameParoFlame Posts: 697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Russell knows how the business works. He can say, if he has topics he does not want to discuss beforehand, that is why he has hired publicist etc. Katy most likely did do this, and thus wasn't asked about him. Cheryl was asked pretty bluntly if sge is dating anyone, and she was professional about it, without throwing fits.

Exactly. On most talk shows, celebrity guests usually say what they don't want to discuss, prior to going on.
  • Options
    factor50factor50 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It obviously didnt happen as described, its just the usual tabloid exageration IMO.

Why would they cut it out if they had got a genuine reaction from him? I expect that GN made a comment, RB reacts with mock outrage and reference to his mum being upset, GN from this infers that this line of convo isnt going anywhere so he moves on. This gets cut in the edit and the papers make a meal of it. I'd like to hear from someone in the audience with an unbiased account of what really happened.
  • Options
    Charles IICharles II Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ..Out of the 3 guests Russell actually came across the best I feel..Paloma Faith is just well..not all with it and Ms.Blunt is so far up her own crack she can even taste the foie gras she had the night before.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russell had a surly attitude for most of the show. He also seems incapable of going five minutes without mentioning his whoring drug addicted history. I'm sure his teary eyed mother will cope with the mention of his divorce, considering what he must have put her through over the years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,239
    Forum Member
    All a bit odd really, I can't see why an interviewer should have to change his questions just because someone has brought their mum to the show. If Russel wasn't expecting questions on it, fair enough to be a bit upset, but to guilt trip Graham about his mother's tears is unecessary. Leave her at home if she is that fragile.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bingoes wrote: »
    Yep, they are still going on and on about it, if you read the comments on the DM site and on here you would think that Brand was the reincarnation of Hitler. Totally OT.

I think RB is a good guy.

Me too - I think he's highly intelligent and a great observational comedian. Few people make me laugh out loud the way he does, especially back in the days of BBBM and Ponderland.

He obviously has a few problems with his excessive nature, but I have the feeling he's smart enough to work his way through it.
    I find him very, very human (and flawed)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou-kate wrote: »
    All a bit odd really, I can't see why an interviewer should have to change his questions just because someone has brought their mum to the show. If Russel wasn't expecting questions on it, fair enough to be a bit upset, but to guilt trip Graham about his mother's tears is unecessary. Leave her at home if she is that fragile.

The poor thing must have thought her manwhore of a son was settling down and that maybe grandkids were on the horizon and then it was all gone again. Anything of this is hardly Norton's fault.
  • Options
    RadioKnowerRadioKnower Posts: 2,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too
    And me, but I don't bother arguing with people about it, I just except that most the people who don't like him are morons and move on.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,345
    Forum Member
    lou-kate wrote: »

Putting someone on a guilty trip when things don't go the way he wants is how Russell operates.

I see his ex answered questions about the split without getting her knickers in a twist.

Something about the Sach's phone call, how did Ross know what Russell had been up to be able to shout it out?

Could it be Russell boasted abouthis conquest to Ross,and they planned to secretly snigger about it when on the phone to Sachs?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Glowbot wrote: »
    I've never seen Brand as an intentionally hurtful guy, Sachsgate included. Silly? yes, mean no.

No, there's always been a strong element of callousness in his material.
  • Options
    visitorvisitor Posts: 537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Putting someone on a guilty trip when things don't go the way he wants is how Russell operates.

I see his ex answered questions about the split without getting her knickers in a twist.

Something about the Sach's phone call, how did Ross know what Russell had been up to be able to shout it out?

Could it be Russell boasted abouthis conquest to Ross,and they planned to secretly snigger about it when on the phone to Sachs?

I didn't see Norton ask Katy Perry any questions about Russell:confused:

Ross knew about the granddaughter because David Baddel mentioned it the week before. Apparently he turned up at Russell's house & she was there bragging that her granddad was Manuel.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,345
    Forum Member
    visitor wrote: »
    I didn't see Norton ask Katy Perry any questions about Russell:confused:

Ross knew about the granddaughter because David Baddel mentioned it the week before. Apparently he turned up at Russell's house & she was there bragging that her granddad was Manuel.

Bragged?
    On 11 October 2008, the co-host was David Baddiel, who recalled having met "the Satanic Sluts" at Brand's home, one of whom told Baddiel that her grandfather was actor Andrew Sachs and said "Don't tell him I was here!"

No mention of them having sex, so how did Ross know about the sex?
  • Options
    fifitrixibellefifitrixibelle Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He turned up to film an MTV show dressed as Bin Laden on September 12, 2001. He does not deserve leeway.

Seriously, the guy is a dickish former crackhead who thinks talking Dickensian gubbins while looking like an anorexic tramp can allow him to get away with anything. He wants to dish it but not take it. If he wanted something off the table it is up to him and his management to declare it off limits much like Cheryl Cole does not talk about Ashley Cole anymore or will ask for the subject to be dropped fairly quickly since she doesn't like to talk about it anymore. Graham was doing his job, it's just a shame Russell and his management think they are above doing their own by being entertaining and not irritating and protecting their client respectively.

BIB made me lol, very apt description. Personally I found all that flowery waffle on BB just that, a yawn fest and an ego trip, not quite sure how all that blathering on is somehow indictative of an intelligent person :confused:.....would rather have listened to the guests, audience etc but hey-ho, soon stopped watching the 'Russell Brand show'.
    It's good to see him show concern for his mother...as someone else pointed out it's highly likely that she has been to hell and back with his addiction. Hopefully he may realise now that 'comedy/fun' at someone elses expense can be cruel and hurtful despite being hailed as some kind of 'eloquent genius'.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me too - I think he's highly intelligent and a great observational comedian. Few people make me laugh out loud the way he does, especially back in the days of BBBM and Ponderland.

He obviously has a few problems with his excessive nature, but I have the feeling he's smart enough to work his way through it.
    I find him very, very human (and flawed)

I agree with this.

I know several people who have met him and all of them say he is warm, funny, kind hearted and generous with his time. He certainly has never forgotten who he is or where he came from and always has time to chat to people who stop him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I know several people who have met him and all of them say he is warm, funny, kind hearted and generous with his time.

They'd have to think that to want to meet him, wouldn't they? Unless you're talking about people he's worked with.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They'd have to think that to want to meet him, wouldn't they? Unless you're talking about people he's worked with.

No, I'm talking about people who have met him in passing. Not fans who planned meeting him, just people who have crossed paths with him in everyday situations.