Options

Unpopular Music Opinions

Comments

• Options
    RaptureRiderRaptureRider Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aries_123 wrote: »
    i also fail to understand what's so special about Lady Gaga :confused: Take away the crazy outfits and strange behaviour and your left with average songs.

Amen!
  • Options
    Dakota.Dakota. Posts: 10,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lana Del Ray is as interesting as paint drying, I think her music is dull, uninspiring and boring.
  • Options
    bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    Rihanna is a terrible singer. I don't like any of her songs even in a 'simple dance/pop song/light hearted sense' I still think her songs are awful and she has a poor voice.
  • Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    - Lady GaGa is nothing special. Good voice overshadowed by shit costumes, average songs, and crazy fans. Not everybody wants to be her. Creativity isn't plucked from her arse.
    - Madonna isn't what she used to be. Although not a fan, I found her innovative, fresh, always ahead of the times. In the past 6-7, she's just been joining the sound at the time.
    - Florence Welsh has one of the oddest voices in the music industry at the moment. And not in a good way
    - The X Factor has actually produced a few talented artists.
    - I just don't get the hype of the Gallaghers or The Smiths. I hate when they throw out snobbish opinions of music :o
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Dakota. wrote: »
    Lana Del Ray is as interesting as paint drying, I think her music is dull, uninspiring and boring.

Couldn't agree more, as for her speech at the Brits... awful.
  • Options
    enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheryl Cole is the best solo out of Girls Aloud.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl Cole has absolutely no talent.
    Lady gaga would be nothing without the costumes.
    coldplay are nothing but boring dirge with a handful of good songs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady GaGa would be far more than she is in the eyes of more self-respecting people were she to drop the unnecessary stage theatrics and bids to bind deep, artistic value to shit like rolling around in what looks like a mixture of oil and semen.

Lady GaGa is the single greatest female solo artist of the 21st Century.

'Born This Way' was a pretty naff album for the commercial stakes.

Lady GaGa is still a bit of a cock.
  • Options
    ack1990ack1990 Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    I can't stand Adele.
    Lady Gaga is pretty crap, and Madonna, Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera crap all over her.
    Rihanna's music is OK but she is just a tramp.
    I detest 'Don't Stop Me Now' by Queen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    ack1990 wrote: »
    I can't stand Adele.
    Lady Gaga is pretty crap, and Madonna, Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera crap all over her.
    Rihanna's music is OK but she is just a tramp.
    I detest 'Don't Stop Me Now' by Queen.

I agree - your selections are awesome - your reasons are totally spot on
  • Options
    enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex Clare - Too Close should be number 1.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the hype for The Stone Roses, they were a dreary band with a really weak singer and they looked scruffy and ugly. Also the whole Madchester thing was an overhyped, scruffy bore that came and went in two years.
  • Options
    JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most Eighties music is very overrated, and only sounds good to some people today because modern music is so much worse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most Eighties music is very overrated, and only sounds good to some people today because modern music is so much worse.

There was some almighty tripe around, mostly produced by PWL records, and the last gasp of punk was dire, but the bulk of eighties music was good.
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unpopular music is often better than popular music, in my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I don't like The Beatles.
  • Options
    JohnnyForgetJohnnyForget Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    There was some almighty tripe around, mostly produced by PWL records, and the last gasp of punk was dire, but the bulk of eighties music was good.

Well, my opinion was obviously unpopular (with one person, anyway), which is the whole point of the thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, my opinion was obviously unpopular (with one person, anyway), which is the whole point of the thread.

I can't stand nineties music and never fell for Britpop.
  • Options
    Rip the TV EyeRip the TV Eye Posts: 1,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Call My Name by Cheryl is the worst song of the year, and is in fact the worst song to come out for years.

Jessie J isn't the best singer in the world, as Justin Timberlake seems to think, and the assertive, thrusting dynamic of Do It Like A Dude was a dawn of false promise, as future releases had the edge of a globe and, Price Tag aside, became increasingly generic and hand-wringing.

Lady Gaga's music gives me the impression of someone so far up her own arse that she's banging her head on her own teeth. The same goes for Lana Del Ray.

The Arctic Monkeys never were, and still are not, anything special.
  • Options
    redstar81redstar81 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JOEHERE wrote: »
    *applauds*

Ok here are some of mine:

I think Coldplay are a very overrated band. Their songs are slow and boring and Chris Martin is a terrible singer.

I detest boybands. In rock bands, the first talent is singing and the second talent is playing an instrument. In boybands, the first talent is singing and the second talent is being so "fit" that there will be saliva drooling out of every girl's mouth in the country. I wonder if they weren't so "fit" would they have as many fans?

I don't really care much for Led Zeppelin. I've listened to their first two albums and nothing has really grabbed me.

Listen to Zeppelin IV, it is by far their best.
  • Options
    brettriotbrettriot Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Cheryl is just terrible, I have no clue who told her to pursue a solo career, whoever told her, needs shooting repeatedly in the head. She needs to stick with Girls Aloud.

Rihanna needs to take a break, I think Chris Brown should give her another whack, maybe she'll see sense that everyone is going to get bored of her and stop releasing albums every five seconds.

One Direction are annoying little pricks who think they can sing, they would be nothing without the X Factor and Simon Cowell, if it wasn't for Simon, they would be performing up and down the country at Butlins.

Justin Bieber is only famous because he uploaded videos of himself singing on YouTube and got signed by Usher. I know loads of artists that deserve more fame and recongition that Bieber, artists that have worked for years and don't sell out by uploading videos of themselves hoping to get signed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    redstar81 wrote: »
    Listen to Zeppelin IV, it is by far their best.

Try 111 is at has more blues, country and folk influences.
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Adele is the most overrated person in music. Her music/voice actually drains me.

Cheryl Cole is a crap chav that needs to go away for good and stop pretending to actually be a music artist.

Posh Spice's voice isn't as bad as some people make out :eek::eek:

Dannii Minogue is sexier than Kylie (in music video's)

Tulisa needs to go away.

Gaga is ok, but sometimes annoying.

One Direction are five lucky guys that got put together. No real talent, but crazy fans. Louis Tomlinson's voice is horrific, yet he is probably now rich as hell. Thats a joke.

Justin Bieber is a mime artist and his live performances are utter crap. He looks like a girl, has zero sex appeal and needs to pull them pants up.

Madonna (even though she is a music icon) needs to get her head out of her own arse.

Britney needs to actually up her game. Her breakdown is behind her now, people like Beyonce are showing her up.

Rihanna was once good, but fame has gone to her head.

Katy Perry is just very lucky. Not a great songwriter, not a great singer, not a great dancer.

Gary Barlow needs to go away again and get fat, instead of sucking up to the queen and not paying taxes.

Little Mix are average.

Aston from JLS is a cocky little annoyance. Also like Justin Bieber needs to start wearing proper jeans.

Chris Brown is a cocky tw*t. Too much fame & money too young.

Jessie J, please just go away for a bit, you're starting to grate now.
  • Options
    The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D56, so what music do you like? Lol.

I think my 'unpopular opinion' is that I actuall like Cheryl Cole and her singing and music! It seems 'popular' on here to hate her.

Also I HATE Lana Del Rae's voice/songs, but I'm not alone in that it seems.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d56 wrote: »
    Adele is the most overrated person in music. Her music/voice actually drains me.

Cheryl Cole is a crap chav that needs to go away for good and stop pretending to actually be a music artist.

Posh Spice's voice isn't as bad as some people make out :eek::eek:

Dannii Minogue is sexier than Kylie (in music video's)

Tulisa needs to go away.

Gaga is ok, but sometimes annoying.

One Direction are five lucky guys that got put together. No real talent, but crazy fans. Louis Tomlinson's voice is horrific, yet he is probably now rich as hell. Thats a joke.

Justin Bieber is a mime artist and his live performances are utter crap. He looks like a girl, has zero sex appeal and needs to pull them pants up.

Madonna (even though she is a music icon) needs to get her head out of her own arse.

Britney needs to actually up her game. Her breakdown is behind her now, people like Beyonce are showing her up.

Rihanna was once good, but fame has gone to her head.

Katy Perry is just very lucky. Not a great songwriter, not a great singer, not a great dancer.

Gary Barlow needs to go away again and get fat, instead of sucking up to the queen and not paying taxes.

Little Mix are average.

Aston from JLS is a cocky little annoyance. Also like Justin Bieber needs to start wearing proper jeans.

Chris Brown is a cocky tw*t. Too much fame & money too young.

Jessie J, please just go away for a bit, you're starting to grate now.

Posh Spice's 'voice' IS as bad as people make out.

No way is Dannii sexier than Kylie - videos or otherwise.