Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The timeline seems wacky on that advert. The 'daughter' appears to have been born in the 1960s, yet she's an athlete who looks no older than 30 in 2012.:confused:

I suspect the 'daughter' was originally supposed to be a granddaughter and the ad was even more pretentious and 'epic'. At some stage in the edit, they must have decided to skip a whole generation.

So glad it's not just me. I was trying to work out why on earth a 20 year old athlete's mum should obviously be in a retirement home and be old enough to have WW2 planes flying over her childhood.Now I know we do have a lot of older mothers but.....

Hello..new to forum ..brought to DS by the now infamous Amanda of FIAB..and finding lots more of interest.
  • Options
    halstationhalstation Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jo2015 wrote: »
    Those Olympic ads with the mums and their kids in the Olympics - no mention of the dads at all, were they useless and did nothing to help their kids :cool:

No they were all in work to pay for all the equipment, tuition, etc their kids have had over the years.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can somebody explain the Aldi (I think it's Aldi) with the 2 farmers talking butter, why does the one at the end say "how is your wife...?" I don't get it?
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    sarahj1986 wrote: »
    Can somebody explain the Aldi (I think it's Aldi) with the 2 farmers talking butter, why does the one at the end say "how is your wife...?" I don't get it?

The cow moos, I guess he was `reminded`of her :cool::D
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    118 500 - Aside from this directory enquiry service being a complete rip off, the guy is an absolute IDIOT for using an electric shaver by a FISH TANK! :mad:
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chuffster wrote: »

Ah ok....I thought he may have been "married" to a cow...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    I think they mean this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjbRvm3svPc

Try getting your kids to sleep with that. It'll give them nightmares

Yes. Urgh.
  • Options
    smokincheesesmokincheese Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Co-Op 'Gerd with ferd's latest..

A wonky-eyed woman telling us she fancies a bowl of salad ..a fruit salad, she tells us creepily.

WTF?!
  • Options
    manic maniacmanic maniac Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    BIB, you seriously think the kids in that ad are singing a Jedward song?? Its a queen song! Jedward may have covered it but it is definitely a Queen song they are murdering!

No! I know it's a Queen song being covered but I'm saying the kids in the ad singing are so bad they could murder EVEN a Jedward song because Jedward are that bad xD
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,396
    Forum Member
    "The British Army is urgently in need of recruits!"

Presumably so they can be sacked soon afterwards in cost cutting measures.

On the plus side, I find the blonde woman in the LateRooms.COM ads to be incredibly hot.
  • Options
    Re-MinderRe-Minder Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tarot wrote: »
    Everytime I see DT's ad I wish it was Usain Bolt and his fake beard again.

David Tennant must be peed that his only work seems to be crappy ads and shoestring budgets drama, he must really hate Catherine Tate who is becoming a regular on USA TV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Re-Minder wrote: »
    Don't look at the mantlepiece when you are stoking the fire.:D

Hahaha i suppose, but no it would probably turn out like the exorcist or something, she would turn her head all the way round like an owl and stare at you during with her weird alien face :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tinkie wrote: »
    I saw this or noticed this for the first time today and I agree it's bl**dy awful

Yes it is :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Damn. Spelt Catre wrong. Well that's what happens when you use a mobile phone to make a comment :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quatre!!!!! Damn predictive text! :mad: Need to get the computer out :p
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Lizaj wrote: »
    So glad it's not just me. I was trying to work out why on earth a 20 year old athlete's mum should obviously be in a retirement home and be old enough to have WW2 planes flying over her childhood.Now I know we do have a lot of older mothers but.....
    Oh good, me too! I suppose the ad occupied some down minutes for me in trying to do the calculations to work out the biological (im)probabilities.....
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    chuffster wrote: »

The Aldi adds have lost their touch. The first couple had dry humour and subtle timing; they were mild but smiley but alas are now rather clunky.
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That silly Bingo ad where the large woman says am I fat?

Why do the makers feel these two women have to shout for the duration of the ad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    118 500 - Aside from this directory enquiry service being a complete rip off, the guy is an absolute IDIOT for using an electric shaver by a FISH TANK! :mad:

A Scientist writes:-
    If he dropped a battery shaver (which I think it is) into the tank, electrical current will only flow (via the water) from the positive to negative ends of the battery and not through the fish.:)
  • Options
    smokincheesesmokincheese Posts: 1,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Urn ... p*ss off, I'm in hot & sunny Nevada and I don't want a cup of your bloody over-stewed tea.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    Oh good, me too! I suppose the ad occupied some down minutes for me in trying to do the calculations to work out the biological (im)probabilities.....

Speaking of which, assuming the latest batch of twerps in the BT ads are supposed to be students in their first flat (Google says yep), do you think the people writing the ads realise that today's students were born in the 90s?

"Wasn't that in '84?"
    "You would have been..." *starts counting on fingers*
    "Rocking from an early age my friend!"

No, you wouldn't even start trying to work it out, unless they're mature students or got held back 10 years in school. The '80s were 30 years ago now guys.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Little Urn ... p*ss off, I'm in hot & sunny Nevada and I don't want a cup of your bloody over-stewed tea.

haaaaa ha!
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goonst wrote: »
    Speaking of which, assuming the latest batch of twerps in the BT ads are supposed to be students in their first flat (Google says yep), do you think the people writing the ads realise that today's students were born in the 90s?

"Wasn't that in '84?"
    "You would have been..." *starts counting on fingers*
    "Rocking from an early age my friend!"

No, you wouldn't even start trying to work it out, unless they're mature students or got held back 10 years in school. The '80s were 30 years ago now guys.
    Although, strangely enough, the actor would have been 1 in 1984, so maybe the character could just about have got away with his lie? Of course, buying* a long-running band's entire back catalogue in order to impress a girl shows that the guy obviously has way too much money to burn.

*Assuming BT isn't advocating piracy, of course.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Although, strangely enough, the actor would have been 1 in 1984, so maybe the character could just about have got away with his lie? Of course, buying* a long-running band's entire back catalogue in order to impress a girl shows that the guy obviously has way too much money to burn.

*Assuming BT isn't advocating piracy, of course.
    Also assuming that he owns his own fairly large flat and seems to have the top BT package.

What I don't get is the wifi access.
    Surely he has it encrypted?
    So
    1) He has to go round all the girls telling them the access code
    2) He disables the encryption and leaves himself with an open network
    and
    3) It's wifi. Why are the girls hanging around in the flat?
    They have access to the network. They'd piss off back to their own flat upstairs to contact their boyfriends.
  • Options
    TarotTarot Posts: 11,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    4Dman wrote: »
    A Scientist writes:-
    If he dropped a battery shaver (which I think it is) into the tank, electrical current will only flow (via the water) from the positive to negative ends of the battery and not through the fish.:)

You'll be telling me there wouldn't be a big electrical flash that causes all the lights to go out next ;)
This discussion has been closed.