Options

Come Dine With Me 2012

Comments

• Options
    hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of these people must watch this back for the first time and consider doing themselves serious harm instead of going to work the next day.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,722
    Forum Member
    Bellamy wrote: »
    Maybe also crossed with Ray Winstone.. He acts as if he's hosting a cookery show. He takes himself very seriously.

In an effort to be 'posh' he committed the awful sin
    'This is a portrait of myself' aaaaagh

My other half just said 'I like chilli, but that's an awful lot' :eek:
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Just tuned in... Is the older woman of the two actually a man? Very very mannish features.

No I'm not talking about the man dressed as Maggie Thatcher :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Cynthia' is Pete Burns isn't 'she'?
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show is just getting worse.

I'm really not sure why I tune in every week to be honest.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    Called to the Nigerian Bar, but lacks the intelligence to know what a world leader is.
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm here too BG...:(

It's like a bad habit I can't give up.
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,722
    Forum Member
    I don't know where on earth they get these people from.
    If I'd turned up I'd have thought they'd slipped something in my drink!

Anyone know how you get called to the Bar by the age of 21? - not counting fetching your drinks obviously :D
  • Options
    SueGSueG Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Called to the Nigerian Bar, but lacks the intelligence to know what a world leader is.

Quite. She doesn't come across as very bright at all.
  • Options
    fiveinabedfiveinabed Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're probably like me, waiting for another 'Preston' week. What a week that was, Bernard, Jan etc... fantastic.
    p.s. Dave Lamb's having a good week, yeh? Yeh? Yeh. (I bet Rob doesn't even know he has that irritating habit... yeh?)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Some of these people must watch this back for the first time and consider doing themselves serious harm instead of going to work the next day.

If only you were right... I'm sure Rob will regard his performance with great pride.:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SolarSail wrote: »
    I don't know where on earth they get these people from.
    If I'd turned up I'd have thought they'd slipped something in my drink!

Anyone know how you get called to the Bar by the age of 21? - not counting fetching your drinks obviously :D

Was the Nigerian Bar. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm here too BG...:(

It's like a bad habit I can't give up.

I spose I carry on watching, in the vain hope that they'll just have "normal" people on......

I live in hope.

Cynthia's cheeks were very shiny tonight!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Was the Nigerian Bar. :D

I assumed it was a chin-up bar.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I spose I carry on watching, in the vain hope that they'll just have "normal" people on......

I live in hope.

It's the first episode I've watched in months, I know now why I had been avoiding it.

The sink story was far too much information. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I live in hope.

That has never happened in the past. They ain't going to break a habit of a lifetime.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    That has never happened in the past. They ain't going to break a habit of a lifetime.;)

Oh I dont know...there's been one or two that I seem to remember :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I dont know...there's been one or two that I seem to remember :D

If you were sitting here listening to 'er hitting her thigh with drumsticks (she wanted to be Keith Moon), you would drop that by one.:)
  • Options
    Coody MowCoody Mow Posts: 3,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not love CDWM as I used to...though the last few weeks have not been too bad. The one hour ones are worse and often seem to not have anyone who can cook on them on there sadly.

Just saw the comment about someone wanting to see another Preston week, and whilst that week was entertaining and sticks out...I actually would love another week like the one a couple of years ago (which is bad as I cannot remember where it was even though I have watched it four times!) where all five cooks were great cooks, the winner got 39 points, the runner up 38, they were all just really nice to each other and it was so entertaining seeing their recipes.

It was the one were the chap won who Nicky (?) the vegan converted to veganism (and I did like her food, she did well with me too as I tried out her recipes) and the lady who came second had canapes on the beach and made her main course in bread towers shaped like castles.

It was just lovely. No griping. No wannabees. No fancy dress. Just good cooking and good entertainment.

If CDWM went back to that again, I for one, would be so happy. x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coody Mow wrote: »
    I do not love CDWM as I used to...though the last few weeks have not been too bad. The one hour ones are worse and often seem to not have anyone who can cook on them on there sadly.

Just saw the comment about someone wanting to see another Preston week, and whilst that week was entertaining and sticks out...I actually would love another week like the one a couple of years ago (which is bad as I cannot remember where it was even though I have watched it four times!) where all five cooks were great cooks, the winner got 39 points, the runner up 38, they were all just really nice to each other and it was so entertaining seeing their recipes.

It was the one were the chap won who Nicky (?) the vegan converted to veganism (and I did like her food, she did well with me too as I tried out her recipes) and the lady who came second had canapes on the beach and made her main course in bread towers shaped like castles.

It was just lovely. No griping. No wannabees. No fancy dress. Just good cooking and good entertainment.

If CDWM went back to that again, I for one, would be so happy. x

I think there's room for both.
    I remember the week you mentioned. The fella wearing the Blockbusters-lookalike jumper. There have been some classic food weeks. Not the one where the dinner lady mashed up Maltesers and spray-cream though. But the woman with the tiara (who actually worked in PR, didn't she?) who made the dinner lady wait outside cos she'd arrived early..... priceless.
  • Options
    Coody MowCoody Mow Posts: 3,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fiveinabed wrote: »
    I think there's room for both.
    I remember the week you mentioned. The fella wearing the Blockbusters-lookalike jumper. There have been some classic food weeks. Not the one where the dinner lady mashed up Maltesers and spray-cream though. But the woman with the tiara (who actually worked in PR, didn't she?) who made the dinner lady wait outside cos she'd arrived early..... priceless.

Oh yes, there is room for both. But lately it seems to be more geared for entertainment and fancy dress rather than cooking.

That was Pippa...one of the worst CDWM ladies! But she liked herself so that was good! :D

A pal of mine won an hour long version one this year, and that was the exception to what I said about the hour ones above....in that there was not too much entertainment, or fancy dress and much more about cooking and dinner parties..I enjoyed that one. (And not just cos she was fab and I was pleased she won!) :cool:

But there was one a few weeks ago when they were talking about vile toilet and 'sick' habits at the dinner table and a guy served up bisto and chips for his main, and I really did think that CDWM had reached the lowest of the low that night. :cry:
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunday's CDWM was a new low for me but this week's one seems no better. No one really likeable on it anymore. Cynthia's parents must be thrilled that she has thrown away a high flying law career to be a 'high fashion' clothes horse!!!!. Ridculous weave as well.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    This bighead reminds me of a mixture of Paul Burrell and David Cameron. What a knob!

And the woman who's supposed to be The Queen, looks more like Camilla!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought that!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This bighead reminds me of a mixture of Paul Burrell and David Cameron. What a knob!

100% agree.
    Glenn seems a nice ordinary chappie who's up for a laugh. I wonder if he originally wanted to go to the party as Osama Bin Laden and got talked out of it by the production team as being a bit too close to the line for the advertisers. Fidel Castro almost seems like a 'Plan B'.
This discussion has been closed.