Options

The Dark Knight RISES Official Thread

Comments

• Options
    RelugusRelugus Posts: 12,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It appals me the way critics seem to deliberately give away plot details of films as a kind of smug way of reminding cinema-goers that they (the critics) get to see the movies first.
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Relugus wrote: »
    It appals me the way critics seem to deliberately give away plot details of films as a kind of smug way of reminding cinema-goers that they (the critics) get to see the movies first.

It is out of order,i personally frequently get to see films before their General Release,but i would never want to spoil a film for others and spoil their enjoyment of the film in question
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    someone has already leaked the end of the movie online. i'm definitely not watching it. There's no way i'm spoiling this film for myself. I want to go into this movie with a big smile on my face.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im gonna be hiding from spoilers....but you guys MUSt check out this image an artist created in Madrid.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/603500_347311728681726_464721389_n.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    Relugus wrote: »
    I agree! :( I just came on here to say how annoyed I was when I read the DS review... :cry: I'm gonna have to stay away from all forums about TDKR until I watch it.
    SteelEdge wrote: »
    I think I've just been spoiled on the ending. Was reading the DS review, then went to the user comments below and someone said something. Hope they were just trolling :(
    Same here D: It was in the actual review. I didn't expect to see (what I consider) a big spoiler :cry:
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm trying to avoid all reviews and other stuff now. I don't want to spoil it.

I'm even using the "Mute" function of Tweetbot on my iPhone to filter out all Tweets that contain various Batman-related keywords and hashtags.
  • Options
    jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    Can anyone give us an opinion on what is better VUE or the Odeon ? I've only ever been odeon before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Rotten Tomatoes critic get it 6/5. Yes. That's a 6/5.
    The reveal of this prestigious final act of the Dark Knight Trilogy will make you cry, it will make you cringe, it will give you goosebumps, and it will demand you to stand and applaud. The sincerity, passion and spectacle with which this epic finale was produced endeared it to me in such a way that I felt like it was MADE FOR ME. I’ll be seeing it again, and again.

★★★★★★ that’s right SIX STARS
  • Options
    kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got my tickets for Friday night couldn't get IMAX ones though but well what can ya do so excited :)
  • Options
    2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a heads up as they say in America, if you have Sky go to Sky News and press the red button. There's a whole section about Batman where they're in the studio discussing the film and showing clips. The UK premiere is tonight so I guess they'll be covering that too. :cool:
  • Options
    wildphantom!wildphantom! Posts: 561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm surprised WB didn't sell the terrestrial rights for TDK in the run up to Rises, as if it needed more buzz anyway.

I'm sure it hasn't been on terrestrial yet?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Can I just ask - how is this an "official" thread? Was it started by DC or Warner Brothers?
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just back from a screening and I have to say, as someone who didn't cream their pants over TDK, I absolutely loved this. Great fun and surprisingly brutal at times with some very subtle wit too. Anne Hathaway is wonderful as Catwoman and Michael Caine gives a great performance in his expanded role. A lot of very familiar faces and names pop up all throughout the film too. The ending will probably elicit a mixed response but it put a big grin on my face.

Gripes? For me some of Bane's dialogue was hard to understand (that may just be a problem with my hearing though) and the action of the CIA agent at the beginning is just stupid imo (can't say without spoiling:p) but his stupidity does lead to a fantastic stunt sequence.

Best of the three films for me.
  • Options
    MotherTeresaMotherTeresa Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can I just ask - how is this an "official" thread? Was it started by DC or Warner Brothers?

I'm going to assume you weren't around for the live webchat with Christian Bale, who inaugurated the thread with his truculent blessing.
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    I'm going to assume you weren't around for the live webchat with Christian Bale, who inaugurated the thread with his truculent blessing.

eh :confused:

what webchat with bale?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    biggebruv wrote: »
    eh :confused:

what webchat with bale?

I'm guessing that MotherTeresa was being sarcastic:p
  • Options
    robtimusrobtimus Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    I just got back from a screening of it. I absolutely loved it. It brings the Bruce Wayne nicely to a close, in some spectacular set pieces and emotional storytelling

Theres a couple of cool appearances from the past, and Anne Hathaway plays her part brilliantly.

With Bane, I thought in some parts his dialogue seemed jarringly loud compared to everyone else in the scene. Definitely was audible for the most part though. And the portrayal completely erases any bitter taste from the Batman & Robin Bane.

I don't really want to say too much more - it really is a film to experience for yourself.

Off to see it again on Friday morning...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    well, if someone tells me the ending, I am going to kill them for sure.....= = thank god I don't read reviews haha. and I am going to watch this one next Wednesday!! yeah!! looking forward to it sooo much!!
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

I always wondered that about the Official Harry Potter threads but never brought it up. I think its peoples way of ensuring that its their thread thats used for the discussion, rather than the "non official" ones.
  • Options
    Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    im gonna be hiding from spoilers....but you guys MUSt check out this image an artist created in Madrid.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/603500_347311728681726_464721389_n.jpg

That is bloody brilliant.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    midnight release, here I come!
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    midnight release, here I come!

There isn't a midnight showing where I live, but will be catching the 8:30am at the IMAX as there is no chance in hell of me getting up for the 5am showing. :eek::D
  • Options
    GARETH197901GARETH197901 Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There isn't a midnight showing where I live, but will be catching the 8:30am at the IMAX as there is no chance in hell of me getting up for the 5am showing. :eek::D

I was under the impression there was no midnight screenings,i thought it was under embargo(apart from private previews) until 5am in the morning
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have my tickets booked for a 5:10pm showing tomorrow, and am avoiding anything Batman related to until then so there's no risk of spoilers.

Any review I have glanced at (mostly just the end to see what rating they gave it) have given it 5 stars and used all sorts of adjectives to describe how good it is. I literally can't wait. Having missed the opportunity to see Batman Begins and The Dark Knight in the cinema, I was glad to see the local cinema showing them in a double bill earlier in the week which I was able to attend. I'm so excited! :D:D