Options

Series 7 Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In

Comments

• Options
    tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think that Moffat could be referring to the/a new Dalek paradigm. But by that I don't mean brand new Daleks, but a more developed version of the Daleks from S5. Because there were so many complaints about the new Daleks, Moffat could have easily have improved them with out it effecting the plot of Asylum of the Daleks.
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Reading DWM 450, there's some more interesting bits to behold.

- Matt says that there's stuff his Doctor can do/say with Clara that he couldn't with Amy.
    - There will be an eighth series but in 2014 in which Moffat teased Matt to 'prepare to cry'.
    Did anyone think there wouldn't be an eighth series*? Also does that mean he's leaving :eek:

*assuming this country is not entirely screwed in a new Great Depression or worse by 2014 :o
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    I actually think that Moffat could be referring to the/a new Dalek paradigm. But by that I don't mean brand new Daleks, but a more developed version of the Daleks from S5. Because there were so many complaints about the new Daleks, Moffat could have easily have improved them with out it effecting the plot of Asylum of the Daleks.

Reading GB, this is correct. Matt Smith has said that Moffat has done the Daleks up a bit. He also said that he didn't feel the Daleks were scripted well in Victory of the Daleks, but that Moffat has fixed that in the script for episode 1.

And if it hasn't been mentioned here yet, DWTV seems to think that next year's schedule is episodes 7-14 of series 7 followed by multiple anniversary specials.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reading GB, this is correct. Matt Smith has said that Moffat has done the Daleks up a bit. He also said that he didn't feel the Daleks were scripted well in Victory of the Daleks, but that Moffat has fixed that in the script for episode 1.

And if it hasn't been mentioned here yet, DWTV seems to think that next year's schedule is episodes 7-14 of series 7 followed by multiple anniversary specials.

7-14?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    7-14?

Episodes 7 to 14
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    Episodes 7 to 14

Yeah I understood that part, but the numbers don't make sense.

Episode 5 is the final episode of the series in 2012. Then the Christmas Special.

2013 should be 6-13. There is no episode 14.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I understood that part, but the numbers don't make sense.

Episode 5 is the final episode of the series in 2012. Then the Christmas Special.

2013 should be 6-13. There is no episode 14.

Episode 6 is the christmas special, then to complete the 13 episode series + 1 Christmas Special we need 8 more episodes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As the christmas special is being broadcast in the middle of series 7, it is being generally acknowledged that sepearting it from the rest of series 7 numbers wise doesn't really make sense.

http://chart.doctorwhospoilers.com
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For number of episodes being broadcast sure. But it's just confusing to call it episode six when it isn't episode six.
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For number of episodes being broadcast sure. But it's just confusing to call it episode six when it isn't episode six.

Unless it is. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unless it is. :)

But it isn't - according to the episode-by-episode hints.
  • Options
    CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Then it isn't. Have the other Moffat Christmas specials even been given a production code, btw?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then it isn't. Have the other Moffat Christmas specials even been given a production code, btw?

Could be wrong, but I do not believe so.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Then Moffat and the BBC should stop being so dim and give Doctor Who a proper place in the schedules for once. Since Moffat took over, the show has been moved around so much that I really can't tell which way is up any more. And it looks like the show won't get a proper place in the schedules til 2014 at the very earliest -- even then I worry, cos with Moffat still at the helm in 2014, even though I know I will enjoy the series, I am afraid DW will be shifting to another time of year :(
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    The way I see it, we're getting fourteen episodes for Series 7, six airing in 2012, the remaining eight in 2013, plus some specials that will be filmed next for the 50th.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,035
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like how it's split. Keeps me in suspense
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't like the ever changing start date for the series as a whole. I hope moffat makes good his promise to keep it in the autumn in future cos then I know when to look forward to each year ;)
  • Options
    roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone want to have aguess at what the series finalie going to be

I think it going to centre around an enemy from the doctor past, now with ice warriors getting a mention, this looks a good bet, or seeing episode 1 starts with the daleks, does it also end with the daleks in some way, maybe they once more have scaro, and the galifrey exsists once again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    From GB:

Extract from Matt Smith interview in Entertainment Weekly:

The first show of the new season features the dreaded Daleks. What was filming that like?

Wonderful! Because I got to meet my favorite Daleks, which are actually from [Patrick] Troughton’s era, I think. They’re the sort of pale blue and whitey ones. They’re a bit smaller actually. I think they’re groovy! I mean, we’ve got every Dalek that exists in the world [in the episode].

Groovy? The Daleks are supposed to be frightening!

Oh yeah, I mean they are frightening. But you can’t help but go, “God, there’s 20 Daleks in a room moving around me!” It’s exciting!

I understand the people operating them have to go to “Dalek school.”

Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. People have to go and learn how to be a Dalek. Rule 1: Be evil! Rule 2: Don’t eat chips, don’t drink soda.

DWM: Episode 1 is full on sci-fi. It has spaceships, alien planets and Daleks.
    Episode 2 is sci-fi with a hint of historical.
    Episode 3 is a historical with a slice of sci-fi.
    Episode 4 is a good old fashioned alien invasion of earth.

[note multiple alien planets for ep. 1 - I hope it isn't just a glimpse!]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Multiple alien planets in the first episode sounds extremely promising. Can't wait to see that.
  • Options
    AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed the show starting in March this year. So I put on a Best of 50 Doctor Who stories instead. Next one is The Talons Of Weng-Chiang at no. 10.

So I've kind of got through it, but I got so used to 6 years of an Easter start, it feels so odd by it's absence this time around.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member

About blooming time as well:D
  • Options
    steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like the ever changing start date for the series as a whole. I hope moffat makes good his promise to keep it in the autumn in future cos then I know when to look forward to each year ;)

Once our 50th anniversary is gone it ll be back to mar - july.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steven1977 wrote: »
    Once our 50th anniversary is gone it ll be back to mar - july.

Erm, what? Source please.
This discussion has been closed.